Les Miles thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Les Miles thread...

Les Miles has more miles than Mullen or Richt Miles would be an earthquake of a hire felt on the Richter scale.

I don't think he'd be a good fit at Syracuse. Then again, I can't say " I pass on Les Miles" without sounding like a crazy person.

Montgomery (the OC at Baylor) is an interesting suggestion. And Babers just lost to Toledo 44-28, so obviously between Babers and Campbell, Campbell's looking pretty good right now.

Campbell or Babers plz.

I think a lot off people don't realize that the bigger programs aren't going to be fishing for coaches in the MAC talent pool. A program like USC would wait for Matt Campbell to have success at a lower power five program before pulling the trigger. We can be that lower p5 program!

Campbell or Babers plz.

I think a lot off people don't realize that the bigger programs aren't going to be fishing for coaches in the MAC talent pool. A program like USC would wait for Matt Campbell to have success at a lower power five program before pulling the trigger. We can be that lower p5 program!

The beauty of a guy like Babers is if he has success by us for a couple of years, he's already in his late 50's. Don't know if a top program like USC brings in a new guy at that age. Maybe we hang onto him for a while, until he can groom a successor

Anyone who thinks we can afford Les is a wee bit crazy. almost as crazy as Les himself. No, even an unemployed Les will not take a job here.

The beauty of a guy like Babers is if he has success by us for a couple of years, he's already in his late 50's. Don't know if a top program like USC brings in a new guy at that age. Maybe we hang onto him for a while, until he can groom a successor

Well, Babers is 54. Pete Carroll was 50 when SC hired him.

The career trajectory is obviously very different though.

Campbell would be my choice. They just flattened Babers team 44-28. I think we've seen one too many a*s ends of scores like that. But speaking of crazy ideas:

1) Spurrier;
2) Strong gets fired at Texas and is interested.

reedny said:
Campbell would be my choice. They just flattened Babers team 44-28. I think we've seen one too many a*s ends of scores like that. But speaking of crazy ideas: 1) Spurrier; 2) Strong gets fired at Texas and is interested.
spurrier be on gameday next year, strong eh doubtful but think he stays on at Texas

Here's my list.

Tressel, Friedgen, K. Rogers, Holtz, Edsall, B. Davis, Nutt, Neuheisal, Beckman.

Can't miss group.

by train or boat ?
seriously we need a coach who has proven he can win with lesser talent pools than all SEC and 1st round picks.

Lsu can't be dumb enough to let him go, he would get a top coaching job in 2 minutes.

IMHO, his salary would not leave much left over for top assistants. Bring in Babers, or the Toledo coach and allow $$$ for top assistants.

Montgomery (the OC at Baylor) is an interesting suggestion. And Babers just lost to Toledo 44-28, so obviously between Babers and Campbell, Campbell's looking pretty good right now.
Yeah.

Some are seriously overrating Les Miles' coaching ability. The guy is average at best with his game management/planning. He is a great recruiter/motivator (and a great guy!) but there are dozens of coaches I would take before him on the sidelines or preparing for a game. He could not win at Syracuse with the players on the roster and he couldn't get top recruiting classes here.

He has top 10 classes every year and LSU has the most (or second most, I forgot) players on NFL rosters right now, most of them from the Miles Era. Most coaches could win as many games as he has with those players.

He has the best player in the country but has no idea how to use him or formulate a coherent offensive strategy. If anyone saw the Alabama game a few weeks ago, he pretty much ran Fournette into a wall of Alabama players over and over.

The 2011 championship game against Alabama still haunts LSU fans and he's been declining ever since.

Some are seriously overrating Les Miles' coaching ability. The guy is average at best with his game management/planning. He is a great recruiter/motivator (and a great guy!) but there are dozens of coaches I would take before him on the sidelines or preparing for a game. He could not win at Syracuse with the players on the roster and he couldn't get top recruiting classes here.

He has top 10 classes every year and LSU has the most (or second most, I forgot) players on NFL rosters right now, most of them from the Miles Era. Most coaches could win as many games as he has with those players.

He has the best player in the country but has no idea how to use him or formulate a coherent offensive strategy. If anyone saw the Alabama game a few weeks ago, he pretty much ran Fournette into a wall of Alabama players over and over.

The 2011 championship game against Alabama still haunts LSU fans and he's been declining ever since.

He's successful, but at the end of the day he is what he is...a #meathead.

Cmon guys...Les isn't coming here! You can't eat turf.

Miles was impressed with Zach Mahoney...

elimunelson said:
It's ironic he will lose his job the year that the Michigan job seems locked up. I recall that being his dream gig.

He's not coming to Syracuse unless it's a package job with ORGERON (i kid i kid)

Don't stir the bean pot like that!

Here's my list.

Tressel, Friedgen, K. Rogers, Holtz, Edsall, B. Davis, Nutt, Neuheisal, Beckman.

Can't miss group.
Lou or Skippy?

Why no Sarkesian?

He would be a lifer here.
As long as you could get used to QBs who simply cannot pass.

Miles has won as he has at LSU because LSU is the only P5 team in a state that per capita produces a boatload of talent and because LA borders TX. So it is very easy to recruit to LSU. No way Miles could get the kind of talent to Syracuse he has gotten to Baton Rouge.

Miles has won as he has at LSU because LSU is the only P5 team in a state that per capita produces a boatload of talent and because LA borders TX. So it is very easy to recruit to LSU. No way Miles could get the kind of talent to Syracuse he has gotten to Baton Rouge.

My comment had zero to do with Les Miles actually being a coach at SU

My+joke+skyrocketed+over+your+head+not+even+a+close+_66815b942ee838e07bfa07bfe5342939.jpg

LSU fans are. They are always upset with him. They think he's too conservative.
Yes, the majority are. Those of us us that like him are weary. Many never even gave him a chance. He is "the guy after the guy".

I have heard people say "if 10 and two most years is good enough for you..." What??? Or I'd be happy with 1-11 if we could just beat bama."

I honestly think our fan base needs an enema . We need about 10 years again of 8-4 being a great year and bowling in Shreveport. Then maybe some will remember what its like to be happy to win. If not, I will get a major upgrade on my seats. But our fanbase is so spoiled and entitled they need to be careful what they wish for.

I am weary of the hating on the man. Because he is more than a coach. He is a teacher. He sees part of his job is to show that it is equally important to be a good husband and father. That there is more in life than football. I respect that greatly.

He got talent out of houston to oklahoma state that no one thought they could get. I followed him there because my parents are osu alum. Stillwater is, well, not Houston. Or baton rouge. Even people in the press here (oklahona) who still dislike him for leaving, grudgingly admit he can recruit, turned the program around. Heleft gundy a nice set up. T boone didnt come in till miles at the end of his tenure at osu. Gundy god handed an improved program and t boone's money.