Lester on his Offense | Syracusefan.com

Lester on his Offense

CuseLegacy

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE: "We've got some film now with 16 practices in." Says it allows them to improve and be better in their reps

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE: "We had to start from scratch" regarding he new offseason. Says the players picked it up fast

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE says the playbook isn't very thick, offense is based more on concepts

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE: "It's a little bit of everything" regarding the offense. A lot of zone running plays & west coast passing concepts

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE: Calls his offense a mixture of Shanahan Broncos, Kubiak's Texans, Carroll's Seahawks & Walton's 49ers

Lester says he tells each guy in his room: "your job is to act like the starter."

Lester says early in the season his focus will be on his guys executing properly with he new offense

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 19s19 seconds ago
Lester said he's considered putting one of the true freshman QBs in the box with him during games. Will decide midway through the year.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 7s7 seconds ago
That's it for Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE. A good interview as always, but nothing earth-shattering.

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE says the playbook isn't very thick, offense is based more on concepts

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE: "It's a little bit of everything" regarding the offense. A lot of zone running plays & west coast passing concepts

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE: Calls his offense a mixture of Shanahan Broncos, Kubiak's Texans, Carroll's Seahawks & Walton's 49ers
As long as the offense is rhythmic and fits together nicely, I'm okay with this. I don't want four offense with jagged edges.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 6m6 minutes ago
Syracuse OC Tim Lester says he's got film from 16 spring practices. Players using it to improve and recruits being shown the tape on visits.

Stephen Bailey
‏@Stephen_Bailey1
10s11 seconds ago
Lester reiterates hybrids will line up everywhere and be used to create mismatches on WILLs, DBs, etc.

Taking advantage of, and doing all that is possible to create mismatches is a good thing. Kinda thought that's the way it was supposed to work.

Taking advantage of, and doing all that is possible to create mismatches is a good thing. Kinda thought that's the way it was supposed to work.

Just be thankful you didn't have to suffer through last years "offense" with us. Common sense would have you throw screens to speedsters and jump balls to big targets. We apparently tried to catch defenses off guard by doing the exact opposite... with results you would expect.

The Rhode Island game can't get here fast enough for me. Onward and upward!

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE: "We've got some film now with 16 practices in." Says it allows them to improve and be better in their reps

Lester on @ESPNSYRACUSE: "We had to start from scratch" regarding he new offseason. Says the players picked it up fast

GREAT Broncos and Texans offenses worked so great with Gerg. SHOOT ME

let's get an offense that's a mix of one good college offense someday

Oh boy.

Let's hope he does a better job at this than Pariani did.

GREAT Broncos and Texans offenses worked so great with Gerg. SHOOT ME

let's get an offense that's a mix of one good college offense someday

I loved the 2012 offense, married pro pass game concepts with college spread, zone read, hurry up.

Game plans were very opponent specific in terms of play call balance and where they wanted to attack. Simple and sophisticated at the same time.

say-what-baby-meme.jpg

GoSU96 said:
Oh boy. Let's hope he does a better job at this than Pariani did.

Well, his job is at stake.

this stuff offends me more than mcf*ckit's media forays

KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE. NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT SHANAHAN AND KUBIAK MY GOD

does lester know anything about Syracuse?

I loved the 2012 offense, married pro pass game concepts with college spread, zone read, hurry up.

Game plans were very opponent specific in terms of play call balance and where they wanted to attack. Simple and sophisticated at the same time.
why is it so hard for SU to just do what other schools do and score points?

i cannot believe we're having ANOTHER coach talking about the shanahan broncos. JOHN ELWAY IS PUSHING 80

Those comments don't exactly make me feel comfortable. It is easy to run a pro style offense when you have a roster full of professionals. I mean pro offense don't really work in the college game. I just hope we can squeeze enough points to win games this year.

West Crap Offense. I just hope we can run the ball and that Hunt gets 75 yards a game on the ground.

West Coast offense means 5 yard passes, great. Guess we know how much better hunts passing game got