Let me be the first to ask | Syracusefan.com

Let me be the first to ask

For one game, with proper preparation and notification to all, absolutely.

SU is already taking money for season ticket renewals. No mention was made of alternate seat locations.

There goes your proper notification.

SU is already taking money for season ticket renewals. No mention was made of alternate seat locations.

I'm sure there is some legal language somewhere in there that says they reserve the right to make changes...kinda like your Itunes agreement.

If they are going to move the court to the center of the dome, they might as well do it for all the games next year IMO - that would really set off the Season Ticket Holders.

I've been advocating for this since the 80's. I guess they are just too CNYish to figure out that a Lake Effect/Polar Vortex white out game , with the court in the middle of the dome would be the sports event of the year in Syracuse. It would certainly break up the dreary February bleakness. 50k plus for that would be HUGE.

The school should start exploring logistics now. If Season's ticket holders are already sending in checks, there needs to be a process in place that 1) they will be able to view where their seats are 2) they can get a refund on either all tickets or just the Duke game if desired.

The school should start exploring logistics now. If Season's ticket holders are already sending in checks, there needs to be a process in place that 1) they will be able to view where their seats are 2) they can get a refund on either all tickets or just the Duke game if desired.
Too late, I already paid.

OrangeXtreme said:
SU is already taking money for season ticket renewals. No mention was made of alternate seat locations. There goes your proper notification.

I think 4/4 was the absolute deadline for donors. They won't do it.

I keep coming back to the same thing, why move the court for a game that will be played in the Dome at very least every other year? Any type of move needs to be for a "once in a lifetime" type event, the last game in the Dome or the retirement of a jersey or the honoring of a past team on some sort of significant anniversary, not when we play a conference opponent.

I'm sure there is some legal language somewhere in there that says they reserve the right to make changes...kinda like your Itunes agreement.

Human Centipad at halftime. Keep an eye out for it

I'd say the 2/1/14 Duke/SU game in the Dome, with the court in its usual place, with over 35K in the house was easily the sports event of the year in Syracuse. No need to rearrange anything.
That was a great event. Dome in the center with a lake effect whiteout jersey/t-shirt would be epic. It could be held during winterfest.

Once they sell one season ticket it's over.

Go in the other direction and put it in Manley. We can wear whatever crappy throwback jerseys Nike creates for the event and hate Coach K for whatever comments he makes after the game. A good time will be had by all.

I would think you could plan on both duke games being in february next year maybe @duke 1st

The DEADLINE for season tickets to renew their seats is 4/26 (this Saturday), and most folks have already renewed I signed an agreement with them to purchase specific seats located in a very specific place. Many, many others have done the same.

You can't change the rules after the game has long since started.

That ship has sailed. If they were ever going to do it, last year would have been the time.

if they are going to do it its going to be last possible meeting between the 2 coaches in say 2016

I've been advocating for this since the 80's. I guess they are just too CNYish to figure out that a Lake Effect/Polar Vortex white out game , with the court in the middle of the dome would be the sports event of the year in Syracuse. It would certainly break up the dreary February bleakness. 50k plus for that would be HUGE.
That attendance number is one major problem. The study they did came up with a much lower figure, I believe. Something in the very low 40's. Not worth the effort for a (very) few thousand extra seats--many of them worse than what exists in the current configuration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom