Let The Band Play | Syracusefan.com

Let The Band Play

DoubleDee

All American
this topic could easily be on the football side as well.

This is not racial, this is not against any kind of style of music. So don't go there... I'm a metal head, and if they were playing metal I'd feel the same way.

Last night, I'm not sure the Sour Sitrus Society played after the countdown to introductions. I might be wrong, but I'm not way off. Why is this DJ thing necessary? Where is the pageantry and sounds of college sports? I still see it on TV at other schools. It's really disappointing, and the type of music only compounds it.

The SSS just stands there for the majority of the game.

Can we please start some kind of campaign to let these talented students play the music, and bring the sounds of college basketball and football back to the carrier dome?

#LetTheBandPlay

You mean you want to eliminate the Pomco Kiss Cam, the Pepsi Fan Cam, the Monroe Brake Cam, the DJ Maestro Cam, the Aspen Dental Cam, etc... ;)

All I know is Virginia left the dome with about 500 gallons of Wiper Fluid last nite!

OrangeXtreme said:
You mean you want to eliminate the Pomco Kiss Cam, the Pepsi Fan Cam, the Monroe Brake Cam, the DJ Maestro Cam, the Aspen Dental Cam, etc... ;)
I'll even give the ads a pass. I think that any music at all should be by the SSS/ SUMB. The aura is all screwed up and I feel like I'm at a house party.

I'll even give the ads a pass. I think that any music at all should be by the SSS/ SUMB. The aura is all screwed up and I feel like I'm at a house party.
I can't give the ads a pass. I just can't! It's disgusting.

While we're on this kick, what about the cheerleaders doing their schtick at certain points of the clock, even when it's completely inappropriate and pointless?

Moan moan whine whine. We've all brought up these things before, and apparently no one listens to us! How can that be?

FWIW, I don't mind the DJ. I just wish he would play better songs. I wonder what the students think of the music he plays? If they love it, then I say give the DJ a pass.

Oh, I forget. No one cares what I say!

-Sour Grapes Society

My husband says this every game., the Band rarely plays, I'd love to see a minute count per game
I hardly think the DJ is the reason any student comes to a game
Oh, and while we're on game environment can I ask what is up with the new
"Professional " in game host? Isn't SU known for its communication program? Why isn't there still student interns doing this job, getting valuable experience...frankly they did a better job.

Headmaster 9 said:
My husband says this every game., the Band rarely plays, I'd love to see a minute count per game I hardly think the DJ is the reason any student comes to a game Oh, and while we're on game environment can I ask what is up with the new "Professional " in game host? Isn't SU known for its communication program? Why isn't there still student interns doing this job, getting valuable experience...frankly they did a better job.
True that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom