lets take a chill pill- | Syracusefan.com

lets take a chill pill-

rosconey said:
izzo isnt having a izzo year- donovan isnt having a donovan year yet there fan bases still tink they can win it all - yet all we have here is doom & gloom just for those who dont know it yet- the season aint over

Florida is going to have a tough time winning it all when they're not even in the tournament, unless of course you're talking about the NIT.

izzo isnt having a izzo year- donovan isnt having a donovan year

yet there fan bases still tink they can win it all - yet all we have here is doom & gloom

just for those who dont know it yet- the season aint over

You actually believe the Michigan St and Florida fanbase think they can win it all this year?

Let's just make up and use it to back your point.

I'm not a doom and gloom guy -- unless you consider doom and gloom not thinking we have a shot to win it all this year. It's a down year -- not the end of the world.

man you guys are real hoots- IT AINT FREEKING OVER

so florida cant win the sec tourney? just a mathematical fact?

you watching mich state right now? any ms fan who has no beliefe in them after today is a complete moron

its about getting hot at the right time- not being the hottest out of the gate

you loathers are just unreal- let the season play out then find a empty bottle so you can have some whine for next season

I am not a doom and gloom guy, I am a realist, I just don't see this team turning things around this year, especially with the schedule upcoming. However I really believe that next year we will be a top ten team next year, this year was just the perfect storm of bad things happening to us.

I am not a doom and gloom guy, I am a realist, I just don't see this team turning things around this year, especially with the schedule upcoming. However I really believe that next year we will be a top ten team next year, this year was just the perfect storm of bad things happening to us.

there is no room for realists in march - just ask butler- witch state ect ect

people thought this years team was going to do a world of hurt on everyone- i wish i could predict the future

one thing i do know- jimmy is over due for a final

people thought this years team was going to do a world of hurt on everyone- i wish i could predict the future

I wasn't one of them, Jb is due for another title,but I think we are a year away.

Check the label on that bottle, Rosconey. Those aren't "Chill Pills" in there. It might be industrial strength mood elevation pills, based on their apparent affect on you.

Does this team have a few good games in it? Maybe. There have been some flashs. There have even been some halves.

But Final Four???? It's gonna take a minor miracle for this team to even make the NCAA tourney. And you're suggesting there's some hope for a Final Four?

Right now I'd be satisfied with not being embarrassed. And it's going to take some improvement to get to that level. We could easily not win another game this tear and get knocked out of the ACCT in the first round.

its such a fickle game that can change on a dime -
jimmy has lost great teams and found ways to make average pretty good-
the poorer the team the better jb works-

i think we might loose 2 more and take the acc tourney

post season every few years is all about the bigs- and we have 1- a real good one

Florida is really struggling which is surprising to me. Arkansas got robbed by the refs on a last sec foul call putting the Gators on the line to win it and they did. Florida usually is so sound with the ball and don't make bad mistakes. All of those McD boys aren't performing. Hill looks sort of average out there this year, Chris Walker sucks and is SO raw, etc. Finney-Smith and Frazier are pretty good but more like Silent G type players. Florida at least has the talent on paper and are really struggling. We don't have that talent on paper. I would be more of a debbie downer if I was a Gator fan as opposed to an Orangemen fan.

you watching mich state right now? any ms fan who has no beliefe in them after today is a complete moron

Michigan St played a severely undermanned Michigan team at home ( a Michigan team that is not that good to begin with). They were 11.5 point favourites and yet they only won in overtime. I'm not sure what your following, but that is not a good result or a reason for most of their fanbase to get excited.

The low seeded teams that made the final four in recent years (8 seed or below) all have one thing in common. They are not from power conferences, junior and senior laden, and were likely underrated heading into the tournament. (Butler, VCU, Wichita St, George Mason).

Michigan St played a severely undermanned Michigan team at home ( a Michigan team that is not that good to begin with). They were 11.5 point favourites and yet they only won in overtime. I'm not sure what your following, but that is not a good result or a reason for most of their fanbase to get excited.

a win is a win- michigan still has some very good kids

you can brake it down 6 ways from sunday to make your point- just like i can

this time of year plenty of teams have injuries and stuff- heck look what puke just did

its a team game won by kids who get to the point of not wanting to disappoint the guys sitting next to them on the bus-

point spreads and such are just to keep the game interesting for those who just dont love it

those were good teams. We aren't. Name a team that won it all with a pt guard as bad as ours? Oh, and we have no depth either. No back up center. The future is bright. Just not this year. As long as we aren't banned for the next 2 years.

those were good teams. We aren't. Name a team that won it all with a pt guard as bad as ours? Oh, and we have no depth either. No back up center. The future is bright. Just not this year. As long as we aren't banned for the next 2 years.

since when has jimmy used a bench?? please tell me when- been here forever and its always been full of whine about we dont use the bench-

and out point isnt bad- he is over loaded and stuck in brain fart mode from the pressure of trying to over think- kids lets the game flow to him and he is as good as any ive seen since sherman running the fast brake -

unlike you debbie downers i refuse to quit on this team

in all reality i might be as wrong about this as anything- but im a PROUD su fan and aint saying the ship has sunk till its 30 feet under water - and ill be proud to stand by what ive said

since when has jimmy used a bench?? please tell me when- been here forever and its always been full of whine about we dont use the bench-

and out point isnt bad- he is over loaded and stuck in brain fart mode from the pressure of trying to over think- kids lets the game flow to him and he is as good as any ive seen since sherman running the fast brake -

unlike you debbie downers i refuse to quit on this team

in all reality i might be as wrong about this as anything- but im a PROUD su fan and aint saying the ship has sunk till its 30 feet under water - and ill be proud to stand by what ive said

Yes, but the better players are getting ZERO rest. The limited bench isn't giving much. The injuries really suck. The better Boeheim teams have a stud on the bench and at least one more solid contributer.

Joseph is overwhelmed of course but he is playing poorly. That is a fact and plain as day. Giving us nothing. He gets some assists but it is more in hot potato mode IMO getting rid of the ball. His turnovers SHOULD be down because he plays so timid out there. I forgot who said it the other day but you have up to three other players in the limited rotation trying to play PG out of their normal roles. It's a problem. It probably happens elsewhere but I'm not aware of it.

point spreads and such are just to keep the game interesting for those who just dont love it

2 can play that silly game.

If you think that beating an undermanned Michigan team at home in OT is a major win, you simply don't follow the NCAA enough to say you love "NCAA" basketball. You seem to be an avid and optomistic Syracuse fan but not an avid NCAA fan.

EDIT - And before you respond, remember you were the one that started the "you are not a fan" rhetoric in the face of an opposing opinion.

Last edited:
game is about atmosphere sometimes- that game had miles of it - its a in state rivalry that causes street fights- but because you see michigan as undermanned it wasnt worth squat i guess

games like that launch teams

point spreads have zero bearing on games period- its nothing more than a way to keep the casual fan occupied -

and ohh my gosh - i have an opinion and im on the net

rosconey said:
game is about atmosphere sometimes- that game had miles of it - its a in state rivalry that causes street fights- but because you see michigan as undermanned it wasnt worth squat i guess games like that launch teams point spreads have zero bearing on games period- its nothing more than a way to keep the casual fan occupied - and ohh my gosh - i have an opinion and im on the net

image-2641672740.jpg

have you ever heard a coach use the term----- the game finally slowed down for him ---- same thing as the light going on-

game is about atmosphere sometimes- that game had miles of it - its a in state rivalry that causes street fights- but because you see michigan as undermanned it wasnt worth squat i guess

point spreads have zero bearing on games period- its nothing more than a way to keep the casual fan occupied -

rosconey said:
have you ever heard a coach use the term----- the game finally slowed down for him ---- same thing as the light going on-

Actually I hear fans say that term along with "let them game come to him" a hundred times more than coaches. These terms and other dumb witchcraft one on one conversations are far more myth than fact. Talent translates a heck of a lot more than heart and hunger.

hey- i understand your frustrated with the season just like the use of a certain body part- neither one are working the way you had hoped- and your using the internet to make yourself feel better-

bazingaa-lol-lol :)

rosconey said:
hey- i understand your frustrated with the season just like the use of a certain body part- neither one are working the way you had hoped- and your using the internet to make yourself feel better- bazingaa-lol-lol :)

I'm not frustrated with the season, my expectations weren't high to begin with and even if they were sub .500 I'd watch every game and root for them just as much as if they were in the championship game. My excitement level for Cuse hoops is pretty much the same 100% of the time.

You don't need to do "Point Spreads" to know that Michigan is a bad team (especially with multiple top starters injured) --- just follow the NCAA a bit. Is that too much to ask? Apparently yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom