Let's Talk Scheduling for 2017 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Let's Talk Scheduling for 2017

We would play games at Metlife, Yankee, Ralph Wilson for sure and if Ithaca would help they make the most sense for the smaller games.

We would play games at Metlife, Yankee, Ralph Wilson for sure and if Ithaca would help they make the most sense for the smaller games.
I would look at UB instead of Ralph Wilson...rather have 20k in a 30k stadium than 20k in a 75k stadium. Plus UB is about 20 mins closer than Ralph WIlson.

I would look at UB instead of Ralph Wilson...rather have 20k in a 30k stadium than 20k in a 75k stadium. Plus UB is about 20 mins closer than Ralph WIlson.
The big thing Wilson probably has going for it is general availability. I assume Syracuse could use it pretty much any Saturday that they wanted. For UB, there will be a bunch of dates where UB is scheduled to play at home that are a no go.

As a CNY resident, if we can't play a home game at the Dome, I would want it scheduled at the following venues, in order of preference...

1) Alliance Bank Stadium (whatever the stadium is called where the Chiefs play)

It is close, it is easy to get to, there is tons of parking, tailgating would be great and the venue should be available pretty much anytime SU needs to.

The downside is that temporary bleachers would need to be built, maybe an outfield fence would need to be moved to get capacity up to to the 25K range (capacity there is currently 11,410K). If all the home games could be played there, I think the cost could be justified. I believe we could reasonably expect a full crowd for every game, it would be the least imposition on the fans that attend the most games, and I think there is value having all the games in the same facility, so there is an option for season ticket holders to be assigned the same seats for season tickets during that season.

The facility is owned by the county, so Miner can't freak out and wreck things. Joanie is a friend of the university and I think she will do what she can to cooperate. Maybe the stadium will get some permanent upgrades as a result of this, for power, private boxes, a new press box, etc.

If that isn't practical, and it is possible to get the capacity for Schoellkopf to 25K, I would see if it is possible to work it out with Cornell to schedule all the home games there. Google maps says the drive from Syracuse is about 1 hour 10 minutes.

If that isn't practical, I would see if it is possible to work it out with UB to schedule all the home games there. Google maps says the drive from Syracuse is about 2 hours 10 minutes.

If that isn't practical, I would see if it is possible to work it out with UB to schedule all the home games there. Google maps says the drive from Syracuse is about 2 hours 10 minutes.

If that isn't practical, I would see if it is possible to work it out with the Bills to schedule all the home games there. Google maps says the drive from Syracuse is about 2 hours 20 minutes. Two big positives: the tailgating would be great and I think it would be possible to get the venue for all the home games.

If that isn't practical, I would see if it is possible to work it out with Army to schedule all the home games at Michie Stadium (capacity 38K). Google maps says the drive from Syracuse is about 3 hours 10 minutes.

If it isn't possible/practical to standardize all home games at one venue, I would try and schedule the games at the venues already named, trying to keep the games scheduled as close to Syracuse as possible.

I enjoyed the bowl games at Yankee Stadium but it is a horrible place to watch a football game. There are no good seats anywhere in the stadium for football. Add in the lack of availability of the stadium for much of the football season and it isn't very attractive for me.

That being said, MetLife is way too big. The crowd we would get there for a generic game would be lost there. The Rent is also 4 hours away but it is The Rent. Makes no sense to rent The Rent.

So if we have to schedule a game 4 hours away, it would be better at Yankee Stadium.

army 2017 schedule seats 38K

away 9/9, 9/16, 9/23
away 10/28
away 11/4, 11/18, 11/25.

it would be pretty cool to play there

one other place might be albany.. while it only seats around 9k you can see it pretty easily could hold more on the endzone thats built up and they have a goal to get it to perhaps 25K sometime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_F...Bob_Ford_Field_-_Home_of_UAlbany_Football.jpg

cortland is the same. 9K with lots of room for temp seating and pretty easy access off 81.

colgate seats 10K

for some amount of money you could probably get any of these to 20k though cornell probably the easiest.

army 2017 schedule seats 38K

away 9/9, 9/16, 9/23
away 10/28
away 11/4, 11/18, 11/25.

it would be pretty cool to play there

one other place might be albany.. while it only seats around 9k you can see it pretty easily could hold more on the endzone thats built up and they have a goal to get it to perhaps 25K sometime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_F...Bob_Ford_Field_-_Home_of_UAlbany_Football.jpg

cortland is the same. 9K with lots of room for temp seating and pretty easy access off 81.

colgate seats 10K

for some amount of money you could probably get any of these to 20k though cornell probably the easiest.
For me, if we are going to take a 10K stadium and try and get it to 25K, I would much rather do it to the baseball stadium in Syracuse. It will be a lot bigger crowd that trying to play in Albany, Rochester, Hamilton, Cortland, etc.

If one of the venues was willing to foot half the bill, it would rise up the list. I would guess Cornell would be the most likely...

For me, if we are going to take a 10K stadium and try and get it to 25K, I would much rather do it to the baseball stadium in Syracuse. It will be a lot bigger crowd that trying to play in Albany, Rochester, Hamilton, Cortland, etc.

If one of the venues was willing to foot half the bill, it would rise up the list. I would guess Cornell would be the most likely...
i was looking at costs to expand with stadium style seating and one of the seating solution companies live chatted with me and is sending me a quote. baseball stadiums would be harder to work with since the seating starts so low but its an idea of what money it would take.. i will post it back friday when i get the quote.

I agree, that would make the most sense, but my question is...what is the playing surface?? is it still turf?

if not, it could be done, but will be difficult.

im not sure id want to be sitting on 15k + of portable aluminum bleacher seating either.

cnyers eat a lot of corndogs...

there is no easy out.

rich stadium is probably the best option...and that's why they should try to sneak a money grab in at either Yankee or Giants Stadium.

regardless, it will be an ugly year if it happens.

Not sure what all the fuss is all about, i have had 2 people pretty close to the program tell me the football and hoops schedule will not be disturbed with a major renovation. Thats great news and i sure hope so since IMHO believe being displaced will hurt season tickets for 3-5 years. Other than us hard core degenerates, most cuse fb fans arent going to chase this team around the state for a year. Hopefully, my sources are spot on:)

The MAC plays a lot of midweek games. So that could help. Next season UB has only 4 Saturday games. So it might be possible that there are only a few conflicts. Baseball (sight lines) and NFL (size) stadiums are no good. Looking at this year's schedule there are conflicts on:

Friday September 2nd (would be easy to switch one game to Saturday)
Saturday October 15th
Saturday November 12th

Would it be hard to get UB/MAC to switch to Tuesday-Friday for those? Ideally I would want SU to play all games at Schollkopf. Maybe with their stadium issues they would be more willing to have SU come in and pay the bill for repairs? Get the capacity to a temp 30k and then they can use the money from SU to make it as nice as they want after we leave. Seems like a win win.

If PNC could setup bleachers to get up to 25k that should be the first choice. 25k seats for 1 year wouldn't be a bad thing.

Play Clemson at Metlife and all other games at PNC.

Schedule road games week 1 and 2 so the Chiefs can play out their season.

If Syracuse is going to do a real renovation it will take 6-8 months. Go March-November and that could be enough time.

Play one football season away from the Dome and don't hurt hoops.

If we played 3 OOC road games, 1-AA at PNC, Clemson at Metlife, and BC/Pitt/Wake at PNC that would be ideal.

4 games PNC
1 Metlife
7 on road.

Some ball park numbers i got from vendors.

$30 a seat for a single game setup. $50 a seat for multiple game setup. this is turn key bleacher type seating. This was for 5K worth of seats. Price would go down slightly for larger orders.

so i you did 3 games, the price point of roughly $15 per game and sold a $25 ticket you would make almost the same profit as the endzone seating in the Dome.

Coastal Carolina would be great for a 2-1. They are adding 10,000 seats to the stadium this year as they jump to D-1. Neat campus, easy to get around with trolleys everywhere. Direct flights from Syracuse to Myrtle Beach. Great golf, beaches and we live there in the fall/winter! About 20-25 minutes from NMB. Lots of CNYers in the area. I get lots of "Go Orange" when I wear my SU stuff (which is always).

I think this would be a nice away game.

Some ball park numbers i got from vendors.

$30 a seat for a single game setup. $50 a seat for multiple game setup. this is turn key bleacher type seating. This was for 5K worth of seats. Price would go down slightly for larger orders.

so i you did 3 games, the price point of roughly $15 per game and sold a $25 ticket you would make almost the same profit as the endzone seating in the Dome.

Another option if given enough time...Cuse could directly pay Cornell if they would build seating in time for the games. If they went with standard aluminum seating it shouldn't take too long to construct.

Because we are always trying to schedule on the cheap

could coach babers have told frazier to hold off until he sees them work in fall camp?

I would love a 2-1 with ODU. We need to get into the Hampton Roads area for recruits. They also have a great tailgating scene and a lot of Cuse fans would be within driving distance.
This! We are joining their camp this summer and we want to recruit that area well. It seems a direct line to an answer to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom