Lincoln Riley tonight | Syracusefan.com

Lincoln Riley tonight

PhatOrange

Living Legend
he's coaching from the sideline and not up in a box.

Oh and putting on a clinic

he's coaching from the sideline and not up in a box.

Oh and putting on a clinic
He may stay one more year but if he doesn't take a head coach position this year, hewill next. OU fans are concerned.

I follow OU as my second team, and this guy has done a heck of a job. One caveat; however, OU does not look the same when Trevor Knight comes in and Mayfield is out, so part of his success is talent based. If OU wins the NC this guy will be in demand from programs well above our level. However, if the opportunity to get him presents itself, I think he would be worth the risk as long as the fan base would understand that he is a young guy & may have to go through some growing pains as the HC.

look at oregon/auburn too/OSU/Baylor.. when the qb plays lights out they move the ball.. maybe its less scheme and more talent than many want to think. Ala/FSU/CLEM look awful in the run based game when they have a QB struggle too.

get solid QB play and we suddenly looked ok for awhile.

upperdeck said:
look at oregon/auburn too/OSU/Baylor.. when the qb plays lights out they move the ball.. maybe its less scheme and more talent than many want to think. Ala/FSU/CLEM look awful in the run based game when they have a QB struggle too. get solid QB play and we suddenly looked ok for awhile.

It's always talent + scheme.

We've been lacking in both until Dungey.

look at oregon/auburn too/OSU/Baylor.. when the qb plays lights out they move the ball.. maybe its less scheme and more talent than many want to think. Ala/FSU/CLEM look awful in the run based game when they have a QB struggle too.

get solid QB play and we suddenly looked ok for awhile.

It's one of the only universal truths in football at any level - no single factor is more important than the play of the QB.

With that as a given for any system, you need to then focus on what system(s) maximizes offense efficiency independent of the relative skill of the QB (this does NOT mean that the play of the QB does not matter; it does mean what system gives you the best odds using an "average" QB). In college football, that evidence is nearly conclusive. The teams that use an up-tempo, no huddle, with components/variation of the Spread offense are the most efficient and successful.

And oh yeah, we play in a freaking Dome. This is a no brainer.

Watched some video of this guy. Very impressive. I mean impressive way beyond his years.

I follow OU as my second team, and this guy has done a heck of a job. One caveat; however, OU does not look the same when Trevor Knight comes in and Mayfield is out, so part of his success is talent based. If OU wins the NC this guy will be in demand from programs well above our level. However, if the opportunity to get him presents itself, I think he would be worth the risk as long as the fan base would understand that he is a young guy & may have to go through some growing pains as the HC.
His youth plus his lack of HC experience may be exactly the reasons we can get him. Would this West Texas boy be a lifer at SU? Not likely, but let's go get this feller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom