Little summer preview | Syracusefan.com

Little summer preview

Here:
http://online.basket.ee/
http://basket.ee/index.php?mid=1023&section=boxscore&gid=2014093001
Best bet is the last link and navigate the "breadcrumbs" back to a more root level link. Good luck with the translations! Haha, there's a way, just tough to find but did it last year.

Last ditch resort here:
http://www.eurobasket.com/Estonia/games-schedule.asp

This thread from last year is also a good reference:
http://syracusefan.com/threads/rake...ije-embark-on-estonia-tour.54807/#post-699905

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any information on the practice this Friday at Columbia? I was thinking of stopping by on my way home if anyone else wants to check it out.

You could send an email, see if practice is open.
http://guyrancourt.com email is here

Another link to look out for closer to Friday
https://www.facebook.com/USAEastCoast and
https://mobile.twitter.com/East_Coast_BBC

If I am reading this right, according to this Facebook post from June 18th, from your link above, it is open to the public.

USA East Coast
June 18
USA EAST COAST ALL-STARS FEATURE PLAYERS FROM SYRACUSE ORANGEMEN, MARYLAND TERRAPINS, SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS AND ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS WITH COACHING STAFF FEATURING UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA HEAD COACH FRANK MARTIN IN 2014 FOUR NATIONS CUP IN ESTONIA

For the 9th year since 2006, founder Guy Rancourt’s USA East Coast basketball team (formerly East Coast All Stars) will travel to Europe to compete against foreign national teams consisting of NBA players and Euro-League All Stars. Rancourt’s team has accepted an invitation by the Estonian Federation to participate in the 2014 Four Nations Cup. A roster and coaching staff comprised of personnel from the nation’s best college programs will hold training camp at Columbia University in New York City for competition in Estonia and Finland July 31st to August 8th.

The 2014 USA East Coast will include Mike Gesell (Iowa) and Ty Johnson (South Carolina), both starting point guards at their respective universities. On the wings the 2013 East Coast selections Rakeem Christmas and Mike Gbinije will be
team will have sharpshooter Dusty Hannahs (Arkansas), great resources for 2014 selections BJ Johnson and Tyler Roberson
SEC star newcomer Sindarius Thornwell (South Carolina), versatile scorer BJ Johnson (Syracuse) and athletic defender John Monkam (Lycoming). In the frontcourt USA will turn to a physical and talented group in Tyler Roberson (Syracuse), Damonte Dodd (Maryland), Granville Gittens (Baruch), and Adam Woodbury (Iowa) in the frontcourt.

US East Coast will turn to a coaching staff with extensive international experience. Rancourt (Lycoming College, Head Coach) has taken teams overseas since 2006. Frank Martin (South Carolina, Head Coach) has served as an assistant with the USA National Team the past two years. Mike Jones (DeMatha Catholic HS, Head Coach) has been with USA National Teams since 2010. Dave Cooks (Concordia University Wisconsin, Assistant Coach) has experience at all levels of basketball in the US. John Andrzejek (Columbia University, Director of Operations) will oversee day-to-day activities.

The US representative in the 2014 Four Nations Cup, USA East Coast will hold a two-day training camp on the campus of Columbia University on July 31st and August 1st. All USA East Cost players and coaches will be available for interviews with the media on both days of training camp. Training camp is open to the public. Media requests can be made via email to Rancourt@Lycoming.edu and/or CaputoMedia@gmail.com

In conjunction with Anthony Travel Inc. and Moneyball Sportwear Inc. USA East Coast will arrive in Tallinn, Estonia on August 2nd. USA East Coast will compete against the National Teams of Estonia and Slovakia with a talented French team rounding out the Cup field. Games will take place on August 4th, 5th, and 6th. The morning of August 7th USA will ferry across the Gulf of Finland into Helsinki to play a friendly match against the National Team of Finland before returning to NYC on the 8th.

map-of-estonia.gif

A map of where 'My Two Sons' will be heading

tallinn-old-town-toompea.jpg

tallinn_estonia_102832-10tf689.jpg

Tallinn looks like a cool place.

I know BJ enjoys Jimmy Johns. I checked. It doesn't look good for him to find a shop in Estonia. The native food might be a challenge for him.

For a lot of foreign visitors, traditional Estonian food can be, frankly, daunting. People from most parts of the world are simply not used to chowing down on marinated eel, or swallowing spoonfuls of jellied meat for that matter. And it goes without saying that a lot of people would flinch before attempting anything called 'blood sausage.' Most Estonians, on the other hand, wouldn't think twice before digging into these home-spun delicacies.

estonia_summer_2006_227.jpg

Beet/herring/potato salad

estonia_summer_2006_231.jpg

The cool news is that this is jello. The bad news is that it is meat jello.

Last edited:
Depends what you grow up on. We always had beets, herring and potato salad and I still eat that stuff to this day. Of course, we never had it all together like that though.

Same and I have never seen them together like that. I eat anything just like Andrew Zimmern but that looks disgusting. I don't even eat potato salads anymore loaded with too much mayo/miracle whip. Those are nasty.

FYI- I heard back and practice is from 6 to 8 am on Friday. I will probably stop by on my way to mid town to check it out.
Updates would be very appreciated, if you can.

map-of-estonia.gif

A map of where 'My Two Sons' will be heading

tallinn-old-town-toompea.jpg

tallinn_estonia_102832-10tf689.jpg

Tallinn looks like a cool place.

I know BJ enjoys Jimmy Johns. I checked. It doesn't look good for him to find a shop in Estonia. The native food might be a challenge for him.

For a lot of foreign visitors, traditional Estonian food can be, frankly, daunting. People from most parts of the world are simply not used to chowing down on marinated eel, or swallowing spoonfuls of jellied meat for that matter. And it goes without saying that a lot of people would flinch before attempting anything called 'blood sausage.' Most Estonians, on the other hand, wouldn't think twice before digging into these home-spun delicacies.

estonia_summer_2006_227.jpg

Beet/herring/potato salad

estonia_summer_2006_231.jpg

The cool news is that this is jello. The bad news is that it is meat jello.

Looks like Alpo inside the jello!

re- Updates would be very appreciated, if you can.
If you send me your email, I'll forward you some observations that I put together for Mike W. Bottom line is they are going to get a some great experience against some mature competition and solid coaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
USA Cruises 103-59 over Tallinna Kalev. Recap and stats to follow;
I just talked to BJ. He stated that he scored 16pts, 6rebs and Tyler 13pts, 11rebs. These are unofficial stats from BJ but awaiting recap and stats.

Last edited: