LOL at those St. John's ads | Syracusefan.com

LOL at those St. John's ads

SWC75

Bored Historian
The ones that sometimes appear in the right-hand column with a smiling confident looking Chris Mullin. They are 8-21 and 1-15 in the Big East.

(Wish we'd beaten them...:oops:)

Last edited:
The ones that sometimes appear in the right-hand column with a smiling confident looking Chris Mullen. They are 8-21 and 1-15 in the Big East.

(Wish we'd beaten them...:oops:)

Mullin.

Chris Mullin is an all timer.
Absolutely. I have always found it difficult to hate on the guy or that program.

He's an all-time player. When we played them I noticed that he wasn't even running their time-outs. He seems like a figurehead for those who are actually coaching the team. I don't think that's working.

He's an all-time player. When we played them I noticed that he wasn't even running their time-outs. He seems like a figurehead for those who are actually coaching the team. I don't think that's working.

Hard to judge him based on this season because he's dealing with the mess that he found when he was hired, but you would think a really good coach could squeeze a few more wins out of whatever pool of talent he was given.

Well I see were no longer the most recent team they beat...so that's nice.

He got the win against Syracuse, which for them is the same as Michigan beating Ohio State in football. Regardless of anything else; successful season. Plus they didn't just beat us, they totally crushed us.

Mullin is one of those great players that doesn't have the acumen to be a coach. He did whoop his players up enough to beat Jimmy , kind of like Dixon , with less follow thru.

That was still the case in a recent game when they huddled also. He wasn't even in the huddle - talking to the referee about something.

That awful loss to them may be what keeps us out of the NCAAT.

Not sure why we need this thread -- they are clearly down but we still lost to them..and that loss could have a real impact on us right now.

Not sure why we need this thread -- they are clearly down but we still lost to them..and that loss could have a real impact on us right now.

I just keep seeing the dam ad with Mullin's smirking face. I'm not sure why we need that.

It's just hard to imagine, no matter the mess, how a team can go from a 9 seed (KP #49) to KP #228.

On the bright side, St. John's has played a tad better recently, and has pulled away from Rutgers and Boston College in terms of ineptitude this year.

They would be a 5 point favourite against Rutgers on a neutral floor, and a 2 point favourite over Boston College. You could add South Florida who would be a pick'em against St. John's, and have a Big East Classic In this case, its good for fans accross the Northeast that this will not be settled on the floor.

Creighton 100
Saint John's 59

That one may hurt the Johnnies' at-large hopes.

Creighton 100
Saint John's 59

That one may hurt the Johnnies' at-large hopes.

That may cost them the #1 seed in the upcoming Big East Classic (St. John's., BC, Rutgers, South Florida)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom