Long range shooting in the friendly confines of the Bahamas vs the cavernous Carrier Dome | Syracusefan.com

Long range shooting in the friendly confines of the Bahamas vs the cavernous Carrier Dome

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I'm thinking that there has to be a perception difference. There are football games in there on Sunday so they won't be shooting in the dome until Monday. Any "experts" want to chime in.

There'll probably be a let-down; virtually impossible to shoot as well as they did down there. Law of averages suggests they can't maintain a streak of excellence, and the visual change probably won't help.

That we're able to spread the floor and take advantage of some interior scoring (with Coleman getting in on the fun to an extent), however, is sustainable and should be a great asset on Wednesday.

We got great shooters, and we get great looks throw the "soft rim" hype out.

SU's 3 pt. % in 3 Dome games (after quick glance) up to and including Elon runs 32-37-40. Not disastrous. Lesser competition, yeah, but players seem to be getting more open or relaxed shots.

I'm thinking that there has to be a perception difference. There are football games in there on Sunday so they won't be shooting in the dome until Monday. Any "experts" want to chime in.

Glad you posted that. I was thinking about it during the games but forgot to post it. That new practice facility is great but maybe they should be in the Dome as often as they can be for practice. I was thinking that the Bahamas arena probably reminds them of the Melo Center. Similar sightlines and no depth perception problems.

Biggest difference in the offense in the Bahamas is that you had 3 guys consistently driving to the hoop rather than standing at the line looking for 3s. MUCH more motion and as a result, the looks from 3 were much cleaner. Shooting background had no effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom