Look for DT, Jalen Harvey to transfer | Syracusefan.com

Look for DT, Jalen Harvey to transfer

I hate hearing this with lineman that we have the ability to redshirt. Of course you want the young man to be happy, but, it's nice to have the big guys up front make it to their fifth year. If this happens, we're back to square one with that slot in the position group.

U need a certain type of kid to play here this isn't an enticing city outside the su degree. Too bad losing him, but let's get someone wants be here

I hate hearing this with lineman that we have the ability to redshirt. Of course you want the young man to be happy, but, it's nice to have the big guys up front make it to their fifth year. If this happens, we're back to square one with that slot in the position group.

You better hope you'll owe me that case of beer and Sloan doesn't leave :)

Official word (or unnofficial tweet) please...I thought he was quite happy here and got along great with his fellow football classmates.

Noooooo... not one of the bigs !!

I was looking forward to seeing this kid play. Thought he was going to be a special one for the "Cuse.

Best of luck in all he does.

U need a certain type of kid to play here this isn't an enticing city outside the su degree. Too bad losing him, but let's get someone wants be here
I totally disagree with this statement. Syracuse has a lot going on, great resturants, theaters, live music venues, awesome parks. I lived in Baltimore for four years so I have been away from syracuse so don't start that argument. I hope Harvey finds somewhere that makes him happy.

I totally disagree with this statement. Syracuse has a lot going on, great resturants, theaters, live music venues, awesome parks. I lived in Baltimore for four years so I have been away from syracuse so don't start that argument. I hope Harvey finds somewhere that makes him happy.
If my family wasn't here I would have moved away from Syracuse yesterday

18 yearold kids have been known to get homesick no matter where they go. It has nothing to do with syracuse. We have had very few kids transfer out so syracuse has nothing to do with it.

IHeartSUFball said:

Eh, I've seen kids leave Rochester homesick from Syracuse. I'm not going to rip on the kid, but 99% of homesick issues are student related, not location related.

We still have to adhere to the the 25 limit.
were taking 29 or 30 this class with some being backfilled into last years class. Its more of a 85 limit than 25

That is a sentiment not exclusive to Syracusans, but a mindset prevalent amongst many of those who have resided in any locale for an extended period if time, feeling trapped by time and circumstance. Grass is always greener ...
Oh that is true I struggle with it.

anglerman said:
18 yearold kids have been known to get homesick no matter where they go. It has nothing to do with syracuse. We have had very few kids transfer out so syracuse has nothing to do with it.
yea it does, if it was a warmer climate etc. Let's be honest Syracuse isn't a destination and while kids can have an unreal time on their official visit (which they should) once they are here for a semester etc might not be place they thought was. Yes this could be homesickness but u can't say the city doesn't have some sort of effect on a few kids that leave.

I'm guessing that in his one semester here he hasn't had much time to spend off-campus. It's more likely a problem of culture shock and missing the family.

were taking 29 or 30 this class with some being backfilled into last years class. Its more of a 85 limit than 25
True, but that's only if you can find those extra players who are academically ready for a January enrollment. Not every high school student, nor JUCO player, is.

This board is right more often than not on these things, but I'll just hold out hope and wait for something official. Of course if he is homesick, going home for a month after finals end will certainly be tough to overcome. Let's hope Daost can convince him that it's worth staying on. If he's truly unhappy, I wish him well wherever he ends up. I remember wanting to transfer after my first semester at college. Then I met a girl and, well, things suddenly didn't seem so bad after all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom