Looking ahead | Syracusefan.com

Looking ahead

SBU72

All Conference
Has SU ever had a harder game for the opening of conference play? Away at Pittsburgh. Then add not having the head coach available.

We opened with Pitt at home in 06/07. They were a 3 seed that year.

Toughest road game to start conf play was all the way back to 03/04 @ND

Pitt students are on break.
You have a good point, without the students makes it "easier" but still a tough place to play. In all, still one of the hardest 1st games I can remember.

We opened with Pitt at home in 06/07. They were a 3 seed that year.

Toughest road game to start conf play was all the way back to 03/04 @ND
Good stuff, thanks.

The first 2 games are going to be brutal. Both teams are going to have good seasons. I would love a split but.....

Has SU ever had a harder game for the opening of conference play? Away at Pittsburgh. Then add not having the head coach available.
Maybe not having JB will throw Dixon off. SU is the one team Dixon seems to own.

I can't think of one off the top of my head, but at some point in SU's history over the last 30+ years I have to believe the answer is yes.

We're probably going to win.
57533930.jpg

Tough place to play with or without students. I've been to SU games twice at PEC. Great atmosphere. They'll likely use the offensive glass as their best weapon. Maybe Chinonso can be serviceable in this one.

The first 2 games are going to be brutal. Both teams are going to have good seasons. I would love a split but...

I would sign in blood for a split, I am fearing an 0-2 start.

I would sign in blood for a split, I am fearing an 0-2 start.

rule #1 on this board.

Things are never as good as the board makes it and never as bad as the board makes it.

We arent a top 10 team. But we arent going to be a bottom feeder. Don't be shocked to go 2-0.

rule #1 on this board.

Things are never as good as the board makes it and never as bad as the board makes it.

We arent a top 10 team. But we arent going to be a bottom feeder. Don't be shocked to go 2-0.

I still think we are going to be a tournament team, but Pitt always gives us fits, and Miami is really good.

Tough place to play with or without students. I've been to SU games twice at PEC. Great atmosphere. They'll likely use the offensive glass as their best weapon. Maybe Chinonso can be serviceable in this one.
Michael Young scares me in this one - as does their interior (zone-carving) passing

It will be interesting to see if the new rules regarding moving screens will be lightened once January. Pitt were the worst abusers of the moving screen in the past.

It will be interesting to see if the new rules regarding moving screens will be lightened once January. Pitt were the worst abusers of the moving screen in the past.

It's everybody though. Baye set some of the worst moving screens I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Pitt just has some dude who should be playing TE on the football team just roaming around the top of the key throwing illegal picks all over the place. The one I remember most vividly is predator, who got immortalized in that Kemba Walker BET game winning shot back in 2011.

Yup. They always pass well on the interior.

Pitt and storz weren't necessarily the best 3 pt shooting teams, but their interior passing allowed them to shred the zone. Teams like ND who bomb away from 3 torch the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom