Looking at Ticketmaster | Syracusefan.com

Looking at Ticketmaster

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Md looks sad. Mid 30s very depressing. I am bringing about 15 people to this game as well.

Yea, and I'm sure there are more seats available than already shown. Not looking like it's going to be anywhere near what we had for 'Nova

Why Would that be? There's no comparison in level of the programs. One bad game is now going to make the whole fanbase think SU stinks? Crushing Cental Michigan should show people that was an anomaly

People don't equate central Michigan as a power house nor should they. The dome will be empty till they win a few more

I would imagine that a 12:30 start probably hurts attendance a bit.

No, years and years of losses compiled with a summer on how we have turned the corner then a 1 point win against fcs nova hurts attendance. The same thing would happen to basketball. Syracuse fan is in the dictionary under what have you done for me lately and fair weather. It comes a point where I stopped blame them for not showing up. The on field product hasn't been good for a very very long time.

People don't equate central Michigan as a power house nor should they. The dome will be empty till they win a few more
2vkb2ow.jpg

Why Would that be? There's no comparison in level of the programs. One bad game is now going to make the whole fanbase think SU stinks? Crushing Cental Michigan should show people that was an anomaly
Because they gave away a TON of tickets for Villanova. And couldn't you argue this last game was an anomaly and not Villanova?

Last edited:
Because they gave away a TON of tickets for Villanova. And couldn't you argue this last game was an anomaly and not Central Michigan?
Very easily considering they didn't have there best rb or wr. The worst thing that can happen this week is we lose to Maryland. That happens and you can forget attendance for the rest of the year.

If that's true then the local fanbase sucks really bad. Gotta fix the culture amongst the students too. I feel like upperclassmen think going to games is a very "freshman" thing to do. pretty lame but I didnt go to many games during my time there. I blame Grob

Because they gave away a TON of tickets for Villanova. And couldn't you argue this last game was an anomaly and not Villanova?

Well SU is giving a ton of tickets away for Maryland as well. Part of the problem is that people around here are now getting very used to getting free tickets. Need to find a way to get people out of this habit.

Well SU is giving a ton of tickets away for Maryland as well. Part of the problem is that people around here are now getting very used to getting free tickets. Need to find a way to get people out of this habit.
I think just drop the prices until you fill the seats, then once the team gets better, start to raise them again, but maybe that's wishful thinking.

More people there are in the Dome, the more the players like the atmosphere, the more concessions & souvenirs are purchased, etc.

If that's true then the local fanbase sucks really bad. Gotta fix the culture amongst the students too. I feel like upperclassmen think going to games is a very "freshman" thing to do. pretty lame but I didnt go to many games during my time there. I blame Grob
I would definitely agree with that. Freshman energy is great but the older they get, the numbers dwindle...

I had to wonder about the "party school" label SU has been given recently. Are the parties that good that kids don't want to leave to attend a football game? If it was a boring campus, would kids look forward to the games for something to do?

Let me know where I can get some of those free tickets so I can bring along some fence sitters.

Grob has been the excuse for too long and shouldnt have been the excuse back then either. It should be Syracuse is your team it isn't. 18k local die hard fans showed up for every grob and and Marrone game to support our team. There where times where I would rather get dragged behind a car then watch another loss but we still came up the hill. To change the culture you need the upstate and downstate fans to start making the trip like they were when we were winning. That isn't going to happen when some show up to test the waters against nova and then get crap rubbed in there face when they showed. I hate to say it but if you build it they will come

have they done any marketing at all again for this? ads on radio/paper pushed for stories on TV? any emails to ticket holders of additional deals for tickets? they need to create a list mechanism to build hype and draw people back in.

Let me know where I can get some of those free tickets so I can bring along some fence sitters.

Each employee can request one free ticket and buy others for $5. If you know someone who works at SU, they can get them.

If you look at Ticketmaster. The tickets in the 300 level on the sideline are 94.00 a piece. That's ludicrous. Even 50 bucks a game is a bit of a stretch. Yes I know there are some 35-45 dollar seats but in general. Not many fence sitters are shelling out 180 bucks for a game for two.

This Local vs. Non-Local stuff is so childish and always bugs the crap out of me. Everyone needs to get over this. Locals attend most games, Non-Locals view most games (T.V. Ratings), and attend road/home games when we can. Everyone is trying their best, especially the people on this site. Lets try to remember we are all fighting the same battle! #CuseFamily!

HeaterCuse22 said:
If you look at Ticketmaster. The tickets in the 300 level on the sideline are 94.00 a piece. That's ludicrous. Even 50 bucks a game is a bit of a stretch. Yes I know there are some 35-45 dollar seats but in general. Not many fence sitters are shelling out 180 bucks for a game for two.

I've said it for years, they need to blow up the whole donation thing, start over and significant lower each donation level. Start at ground zero and build from there. Those seats between the 20's need to be sold as season tix with a donation.

orange_in_VA said:
This Local vs. Non-Local stuff is so childish and always bugs the crap out of me. Everyone needs to get over this. Locals attend most games, Non-Locals view most games (T.V. Ratings), and attend road/home games when we can. Everyone is trying their best, especially the people on this site. Lets try to remember we are all fighting the same battle! #CuseFamily!

I get tired of the straw man that attendance sucks because the locals suck. Besides non local fans, SU is also culpable in the attendance issue. It's a lot more than the locals suck and and favor leaf raking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom