Looking at Ticketmaster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looking at Ticketmaster

If that's true then the local fanbase sucks really bad. Gotta fix the culture amongst the students too. I feel like upperclassmen think going to games is a very "freshman" thing to do. pretty lame but I didnt go to many games during my time there. I blame Grob

You didnt go to any games, but you post on a forum?

I've said it for years, they need to blow up the whole donation thing, start over and significant lower each donation level. Start at ground zero and build from there. Those seats between the 20's need to be sold as season tix with a donation.

I asked my FSU contact about getting single game tix to Clemson and Boston College...can't get single game tickets without a "donation".

OH-BOY-ITS-THIS-THREAD-AGAIN.jpg

Just reached out to Dan - The site discount plus the kid tickets has me in this game for 60 bucks for four tickets. Why I didn't get seasons this year I have no clue. Oh ya last year my son didn't care to go...and has asked to go to both games this year so far. Looks like season for me and at least a package to buy for this season,

LGO

Last edited:
I get tired of the straw man that attendance sucks because the locals suck. Besides non local fans, SU is also culpable in the attendance issue. It's a lot more than the locals suck and and favor leaf raking.

I wasn't implying that anyone sucked. Any Cuse fan is a friend of mine! I don't like the argument's against either side. We all do what we can.

I've said it for years, they need to blow up the whole donation thing, start over and significant lower each donation level. Start at ground zero and build from there. Those seats between the 20's need to be sold as season tix with a donation.

I'm not saying I disagree with you at all. But do you think if we lowered the donation level, we would get enough new donors to balance out the lower donation level and still be able to have the finances that we need to have to compete? Or is that not as much of an issue now with the ACC money? I truly don't know the answer and not trying to argue at all.

Then that's not really free, is it?

Seriously? Ok it's one free and $5 for the next 3 so 4 people can go for $15 and they are giving free parking passes as well. Not to mention any kid under 12 is also free.

Seriously? Ok it's one free and $5 for the next 3 so 4 people can go for $15 and they are giving free parking passes as well. Not to mention any kid under 12 is also free.

Not trying to be argumentative, but your "free" still isn't free unless you are a. an SU employee or b. are friends with one (even this one isn't free, but I won't squabble over 5 bucks). When people say SU is giving tickets away for free, I take it to mean that Joe Anybody can pick up a ticket. Apparently this is not the case. Thanks for clarifying it for me--and I am not being sarcastic.

Boo.

We have a sh!te fanbase. Local non local, whatever. 30k for the biggest game all year is pathetic

Im over it really... We get more than 30k for our CFL team.....

Sorry to be harsh but 30k! Cmon! This game is HUGE on our schedule, what a joke.

Ill be there... And loud

No, years and years of losses compiled with a summer on how we have turned the corner then a 1 point win against fcs nova hurts attendance. The same thing would happen to basketball. Syracuse fan is in the dictionary under what have you done for me lately and fair weather. It comes a point where I stopped blame them for not showing up. The on field product hasn't been good for a very very long time.
The on field product at Tennessee sucks, they still get a ton of people.

And people still don't go

We are on par with one of those lower tier teams from Louisiana in terms of fan support. Hey! They fill up once a year when LSU comes to town as well!

Problem I have with this conversation is how people define local. IMO, Syracuse-area people are not a/the problem. The problem lies with getting more ppl in a two hour driving radius to the Dome on a consistent basis.

I don't care what happens in Alabama or Tenn, but SU being a private school isn't going to be the draw it is like big public schools. The idea that downstate alums or those much farther out than 90/120 mins in car is laughable.

Goes back to the idea that more marketing dollars need to funnel into upstate vs. NYC.

Well SU is giving a ton of tickets away for Maryland as well. Part of the problem is that people around here are now getting very used to getting free tickets. Need to find a way to get people out of this habit.

I'd also argue that giving tickets away not only trains ppl to expect them, but gives the impression that your product doesn't warrant your time or money. There has to be a better way.

Would like to see them tear down the pricing structure and start over like Bees has suggested many times over.

I would imagine that a 12:30 start probably hurts attendance a bit.
In all seriousness, what is a GOOD time for our fickle fanbase?

• If the game is scheduled on Thursday night non-locals can't easily attend and others complain that its late on a week night (which I don't hear in BB season by the way)
  • If it's on Friday night, people complain about having to give up their Friday night partying or other activities, and it's hard for non-locals to travel without taking time off work
  • If it's at noon on Saturday, it's "too early" because people can't get out of bed early enough
  • If it's at 4:00 on Saturday, it "ruins the whole day" because you spend all morning getting ready and going to the game, and the whole evening at the game (yes, I've heard this complaint)
  • If it's at 8:00 on Saturday, it's "too late" and takes away Saturday night fun and partying

There isn't a game time yet that I've heard no complaints about. Can anyone tell me what the magic perfect game time is?

Wasn't there an incentive for fans to have the opportunity to purchase Florida State tickets they also had to purchase tickets for Villanova? Maybe that is another factor when you consider attendance. I agree that the excitement for the start turned into a real downer when they laid an egg against Nova. That could drive casual fans away.

Friday nights are also great for Cuse football games. My girlfriend and I drove in from Rochester for the night of the Villanova game and joined the record setting state fair attendance on Saturday. It made for a great weekend.

I get tired of the straw man that attendance sucks because the locals suck. Besides non local fans, SU is also culpable in the attendance issue. It's a lot more than the locals suck and and favor leaf raking.
True, and no one is saying any local who is on this board, and is obviously a diehard sucks. But lets be honest, more locals could come out to games. The Syracuse Metro area (Onondaga, Oswego & Madison) has a population of nearly 700,000 people.

SU is probably to blame for not properly marketing that area as well as they could, (maybe they think they already have it locked up? Who knows) but locals of the Syracuse area are most definitely part of the problem.

Not you, or others who obviously show up to games. I think sometimes people on the board take it so personally because they're "local" or "non-local". Truth is, no one is talking about the people on this board.

Changing ticket structures, offering big games at the dome again, and making it an event (due to a good product) obviously brings those bandwagoners back into the fold. But when you have nearly 700,000 in your backyard and you can't get 40,000 to a game -- well, something is wrong somewhere along the line.

Not trying to be argumentative, but your "free" still isn't free unless you are a. an SU employee or b. are friends with one (even this one isn't free, but I won't squabble over 5 bucks). When people say SU is giving tickets away for free, I take it to mean that Joe Anybody can pick up a ticket. Apparently this is not the case. Thanks for clarifying it for me--and I am not being sarcastic.

He must be thinking of the Chiefs.

True, and no one is saying any local who is on this board, and is obviously a diehard sucks. But lets be honest, more locals could come out to games. The Syracuse Metro area (Onondaga, Oswego & Madison) has a population of nearly 700,000 people.

SU is probably to blame for not properly marketing that area as well as they could, (maybe they think they already have it locked up? Who knows) but locals of the Syracuse area are most definitely part of the problem.

Not you, or others who obviously show up to games. I think sometimes people on the board take it so personally because they're "local" or "non-local". Truth is, no one is talking about the people on this board.

Changing ticket structures, offering big games at the dome again, and making it an event (due to a good product) obviously brings those bandwagoners back into the fold. But when you have nearly 700,000 in your backyard and you can't get 40,000 to a game -- well, something is wrong somewhere along the line.

So, you are saying that we ONLY need 8% of three entire counties to get to 40K. Seems reasonable at first.

How about 10% of the existing alumni base over the last 20 years show up to a game or buys season tickets. Add that to the 35K locals that always shows up and every game is a sellout.

FWIW Axe had Joe G from the athletic dept on today and he said that the same number of General Public tickets were sold as the Villanova game. He thought the difference would be in the Students. They all got free tickets to the Nova game and it didnt sound like they expected to have as many there for a 12:30 game. My buddies and I are far more than average sports fans and we had an issue getting there for noon games. And those teams were good. We always walked in seconds before kickoff and lived on the Mount for two years, University for two years and Marshall St one year. Most students just slept in on the Noon games unless it was HUGE

FWIW Axe had Joe G from the athletic dept on today and he said that the same number of General Public tickets were sold as the Villanova game. He thought the difference would be in the Students. They all got free tickets to the Nova game and it didnt sound like they expected to have as many there for a 12:30 game. My buddies and I are far more than average sports fans and we had an issue getting there for noon games. And those teams were good. We always walked in seconds before kickoff and lived on the Mount for two years, University for two years and Marshall St one year. Most students just slept in on the Noon games unless it was HUGE
Well thats somewhat assuring then. It should not be far off from Nova.

I think the difference will be the Free youth tickets with parents in this area as the weather is getting colder.

Badgering from kids helps :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom