Looking much better so far | Syracusefan.com

Looking much better so far

GoSU96

Living Legend
Staats monster goal, Cody nice save on the sideline leads to another goal.

Hill plays like this, SU has an excellent chance to win it all.

4-1 after 1

4-3 at half.

Last edited:
Iroquois haven't score in 45 minutes +, way to much one on one and way to much trick stuff when a regular shot would have gotten the goal. Down 6-4 now and offensively they look awful.

8-4 end third, game pretty much over.

Rough final 3 quarters of play. They simply do not have the horses to play sloppily and try to run with Canada, and quite simply to run with the USA at all. I found myself wondering how they would have played if coached by a precision nazi, lika a Mike Messere. An older Brett Bucktooth, not enough guys with the same kind of footspeed as Canada and the US, an inexplicable tendency to attempt trick shots and passes, and not enough guys whom, as Quint said, can win their matchups... It's just too much to overcome. It sucked seeing teams beat the heck out of Lyle. Nice game from Sid and Warren tonight. Hopefully they can field a more loaded and ready team in 4 years.

At the same time, both Canada and the USA are just monster teams.

Thought Randy wasn't great in the 3 games I saw. Quint pumped him up more then what I felt he deserved. The first canada game turned when they took him off for Lyle at attack. Missed a ton of shots vs Australia. Good stats just didn't do enough for me.

Cody was invisible.

Can't wait to see Hill in goal come Spring.

Hope the other potential recruits can get their grades in order. Lot of talent.

Seems like Staats uses his size to get down low and that wasn't working against these teams. Most of Canada's team is mid to late 20s right? Those extra years seemed to be the difference between him being able to bully his way to the crease or being pushed away.

Hill looked very good and I'd be shocked if he isn't starting this year. Now hopefully one of the 25 FO guys can break through.

Thought Randy wasn't great in the 3 games I saw. Quint pumped him up more then what I felt he deserved. The first canada game turned when they took him off for Lyle at attack. Missed a ton of shots vs Australia. Good stats just didn't do enough for me.

Cody was invisible.

Can't wait to see Hill in goal come Spring.

Hope the other potential recruits can get their grades in order. Lot of talent.

I thought Cody and Staats hurt the Iroquois way more than helped. Neither one was very good and Staats was downright disappointing. But when Beville took either one out and put Lyle and/or Zach Miller down on attack the team looked better.

I'd like to see Syracuse wrap up Oakley Thomas and Vaughan Harris though. I thought Thomas held his own on defense against the US and Canada. Harris was up and down at X but the guys he's going against are the best FOG in the world. He won't see that in college.

And Swish - Beville is a Messere product, Genny grad, but it's hard to reign in the Iroquois free wheeling box style in such a short time. Maybe with a couple of months of practice but these guys played like a just put together club team. For the most part the individual talent is there but they need to be refined as a team.

I thought Cody and Staats hurt the Iroquois way more than helped. Neither one was very good and Staats was downright disappointing. But when Beville took either one out and put Lyle and/or Zach Miller down on attack the team looked better.

I'd like to see Syracuse wrap up Oakley Thomas and Vaughan Harris though. I thought Thomas held his own on defense against the US and Canada. Harris was up and down at X but the guys he's going against are the best FOG in the world. He won't see that in college.

And Swish - Beville is a Messere product, Genny grad, but it's hard to reign in the Iroquois free wheeling box style in such a short time. Maybe with a couple of months of practice but these guys played like a just put together club team. For the most part the individual talent is there but they need to be refined as a team.

Harris is already committed here, his issue is getting academically eligible. I can't speak to Thomas but I am sure the staff is well aware of him now if they weren' t already. With HIll and Barber coming over next year I could definitely see Thomas coming on board in 2015.

Thanks Phat, I did not know that. I wanted to see much more from the Iroquois in this tournament. After Miles and Lyles success, and the Iroquois success in previous tourneys, I expected more. I thought it was going to be a coming out party. I hate to say this, but they often didn't seem to be functioning well as a team. Too much individual stuff, and no offensive identity.

Cody or whomever had a moment where he was right in front of the cage and could have just popped it to the right corner, but he got knocked around a little bit, and ended up attempting a backwards, between the legs shot. That was easily scooped up by Canada's goalie. Just too much of that going on. And yes, Staats, was no bueno.

There were some other moments where players gave up on ground balls, and there were some real embarassing passing demonstrations. A lot of unforced errors.

Despite the score, I thought the D slid well, and the goalies played well in this game.

Staats didn't finish well at all. Made that first shot and then didn't do well at all after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom