Looks like Mark Coyle has quite the mess at Minnesota | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like Mark Coyle has quite the mess at Minnesota

Anytime a coaching staff is replaced, there will be transfers. The new coach always wants their players, so change is inevitable. The last time an AD took the advice of players- Shafers was hired, and we saw how that worked out.

I'll always give credit to Coyle for making the right call in that scenario.

Anytime a coaching staff is replaced, there will be transfers. The new coach always wants their players, so change is inevitable. The last time an AD took the advice of players- Shafers was hired, and we saw how that worked out.

I'll always give credit to Coyle for making the right call in that scenario.
Not me. Screw him, forever.

Well, the first paragraph was good but I'm not paying anything to that website or any other website to read what people like Dana O'Neil have to say (nothing against her personally). It's more the principle. But, based on what was written, it sounded as if the school was waiting for this to go through the legal process. Innocent until proven guilty. Is that what happened. It's a slippery slope but don't we have to trust the legal process (even though it's fractured).

Well, the first paragraph was good but I'm not paying anything to that website or any other website to read what people like Dana O'Neil have to say (nothing against her personally). It's more the principle. But, based on what was written, it sounded as if the school was waiting for this to go through the legal process. Innocent until proven guilty. Is that what happened. It's a slippery slope but don't we have to trust the legal process (even though it's fractured).
Legal process and university rules are two different things. Often, the DA avoids the he-said, she-said messes, because it is so difficult to make a case.

From what I have read about this, the player is being held out due to the on-going university process--which Coyle has been accused of mis-handling.

Legal process and university rules are two different things. Often, the DA avoids the he-said, she-said messes, because it is so difficult to make a case.

From what I have read about this, the player is being held out due to the on-going university process--which Coyle has been accused of mis-handling.
In that article, it does talk about the school's role in the process and the separate athletic dept's (and individual team's coaches) responsibility. It's a tough situation. Especially when a kid might be innocent. Does he have the ability to sue the school if he is found not guilty but he has been removed from the team for a season. You could argue that it could hurt his future earnings potential. Either way, Coyle (and any other AD in his position) is going to have a hard time looking good.

In that article, it does talk about the school's role in the process and the separate athletic dept's (and individual team's coaches) responsibility. It's a tough situation. Especially when a kid might be innocent. Does he have the ability to sue the school if he is found not guilty but he has been removed from the team for a season. You could argue that it could hurt his future earnings potential. Either way, Coyle (and any other AD in his position) is going to have a hard time looking good.
There should be an NCAA rule that is similar to the current injury rule. If a player is suspended early in the season for legal issues for which the player is ultimately exonerated then the player will receive an extra year of eligibility (either at the current school or elsewhere).

I think some already had an idea of the character of Mark Coyle in how he handled some things at SU and when he never announced his departure for Minnie. Karma is coming.

This is getting a lot of play here in Minneapolis, but would be getting more if SB LII weren't right around the corner. The university's Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action has recommended expulsion and being banned from campus until 2020. As of now, Coyle says Lynch won't play but he will practice, receive medical treatment, and participate in team activities.

This won't end well for anyone.

Wait:. If there were 2 prior instances, why didn't the school kick him out?

Apples don't fall far from the tree

pitino.png