Looks like the Prov game will be tape delayed | Syracusefan.com

Looks like the Prov game will be tape delayed

SU game is being shoved over to tape delay by SNY to show the UConn women's game. Wow, what are those folks thinking?

What? Hnh? It's midnight. I just checked the schedule here in Syracuse and it's still on at noon. Help a tired old lady out, will ya? Thanks.

TWCNY Sports (Channel 19) is showing it live in the Syracuse area.

What? Hnh? It's midnight. I just checked the schedule here in Syracuse and it's still on at noon. Help a tired old lady out, will ya? Thanks.

Providence. Not USF.

SU game is being shoved over to tape delay by SNY to show the UConn women's game. Wow, what are those folks thinking?

what a ing joke. would love to know who at sny makes this decision. new york's college team or a women's team from connecticut, unbelievable.

Can't wait until we're in ACC and drop SNY/MASN/MSG crap and just have everything on ESPN. That will happen right?

Just get directv it will solve a lot of game watching problems.

Can't wait until we're in ACC and drop SNY/MASN/MSG crap and just have everything on ESPN. That will happen right?

I think the ACC has an agreement with YES, but those were all blacked out last year (at least in Chicago) unless you had FullCourt.

Thankfully I'm going to the game. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. I was concerned that there might be conflicts when SNY signed up the UConn women. BS.

Top of the page countdown timer says noon its 7 pm though. Not that we couldn't figure that out being a weekday :)

If you have TW Cable, they maybe be showing the UConn women's game because they can't show the SU game.
On my TW Cable, anytime SNY has an SU Hoops game on it's schedule, it's blacked out on SNY and shown instead on the TW Sports channel (or sometimes on TW Channel 1 which sucks because channel 1 is not available in HD).
I believe TW Cable has exclusive rights to any SU game that's not on ESPN or a major network, so it get's blacked out on SNY and SNY is allowed to only show it on delay.
On the plus side, we do get to see SU games that are not being carried by any network.

just sent this email to sny lol

why are you guys showing uconn womens basketball wednesday night and not the syracuse mens basketball game? nobody cares about womens basketball. syracuse is new yorks college team. we sell out madison square garden. does uconn women do that? this is a joke. syracuse has a huge nyc following, does uconn womens hoops? dont think so. this is disgraceful!

It's on ESPN3, so I assume we'll be able to watch online or on the phone?

Well, the UConn women are the #1 team in CT, I guess that means something?

Women's hoops once did a 1.5 rating...one time when UCONN had a 50 game win streak or something. Even the worst Cuse mens game does atleast a 3.

It's on ESPN3, so I assume we'll be able to watch online or on the phone?

Unless you are in a TW Cable service area and they force ESPN3 to black out the game because they have exclusive rights to it.
I couldn't watch the Rutgers game on ESPN3 on my phone last week because it was blacked out in the Albany, NY area.
Fortunately I was able to watch via my Slingbox.

Women's hoops once did a 1.5 rating...one time when UCONN had a 50 game win streak or something. Even the worst Cuse mens game does atleast a 3.
UConn women is all they have now and for the next decade, give them a break; let them enjoy UConn vs. Houston on SNY next year, it's adorable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom