Lose tonight and SU will zero quality wins entering February | Syracusefan.com

Lose tonight and SU will zero quality wins entering February

Status
Not open for further replies.

2-3zone

2nd String
I'm only 30 but I can't remember the last time SU had so few good wins this late in the season

never. ever.
some people on here will try and tell you that Iowa is a good win, but it isnt.

We have squat. Thats what happens when you arent a good team. Its just foreign to us these days...

Yeah let's all go suck our thumbs and cry. Opportunities lie ahead. I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but we have to play better at the end of close games.

Not concerned at all. As ORRange said, opportunities are coming up. Besides, as long as the teams that are on the bubble keep losing we will stay in the hunt. Easier said than done, but all we need to do is win.

Fitting, as you have zero quality posts entering February

Does this mean you recovered from your freak out the other day? What you posted was far more negative and attacking towards the team than a factual statement about the number of quality wins the team has.

Fitting, as you have zero quality posts entering February
That's probably a little harsh.

I would have gone with "you might have as many quality posts entering February as a dead man falling on top of his keyboard."

Does this mean you recovered from your freak out the other day? What you posted was far more negative and attacking towards the team than a factual statement about the number of quality wins the team has.
I'm just relieved you're keeping track.

This .gif is incredible.

And the OP is factually correct.
No. If you really want to get down to it, it is not factual. By any measure — and despite what a big group on here continue to deny — the Iowa win is a quality win. Nothing more, nothing less.

Let's just chalk it up to Syracuse taking a Mulligan this year. NBD! Next year we will be beasting it whilst ripping through the ACC, kickin a$$ and takin' names.

We are set up to in the very least play spoiler for some teams and with a little luck we still make some noize down the road here. Ya never know... ya know!

Hard not to when you're out there attacking everybody for being negative and then throw a hissy fit after a loss. But whatever.
"attacking everybody for being negative" riiiiight. Seriously, thanks for taking such an interest!

Let's just chalk it up to Syracuse taking a Mulligan this year. NBD! Next year we will be beasting it whilst ripping through the ACC, kickin a$$ and takin' names.

We are set up to in the very least play spoiler for some teams and with a little luck we still make some noize down the road here. Ya never know... ya know!

Next year we will be ripping through the ACC?

Has this year taught you nothing about overblown expectations?

I'd love to resurrect the thread on here in which some were assuming 30 wins this season.

We have entered a very unsettled time in college basketball. For SU especially.

"attacking everybody for being negative" riiiiight. Seriously, thanks for taking such an interest!

There is truth to that statement. Attacking is too strong a word, and everybody is a stretch, but the general concept is spot on.

There is truth to that statement. Attacking is too strong a word, and everybody is a stretch, but the general concept is spot on.
Hey, guilty as charged! :noidea:

No. If you really want to get down to it, it is not factual. By any measure — and despite what a big group on here continue to deny — the Iowa win is a quality win. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pearl, the OP said that he can't remember a prior season that we haven't had fewer quality wins approaching February. If you disagree with that statement, shouldn't you respond with... "I disagree… we had fewer quality wins approaching February in the xx-xx season."

Iowa just lost to Purdue and will lose their next four I'm predicting.

Pearl, the OP said that he can't remember a prior season that we haven't had fewer quality wins approaching February. If you disagree with that statement, shouldn't you respond with... "I disagree… we had fewer quality wins approaching February in the xx-xx season."
I'm addressing the post title, "zero quality wins."

They've also defeated North Carolina, Ohio St and Minnesota on the road

Seems like this has been a bit of an issue the last few years (or maybe just seems that way). We schedule a somewhat decent preseason schedule and then the teams we beat early in the year go in the tank. What looked like early decent wins turn into soft teams that make the pundits question our scheduling.

Seems like this has been a bit of an issue the last few years (or maybe just seems that way). We schedule a somewhat decent preseason schedule and then the teams we beat early in the year go in the tank. What looked like early decent wins turn into soft teams that make the pundits question our scheduling.
Oh I agree, but Iowa this year happens to be a quality win. Not saying it's anything we should be terribly proud of, or try and prop up as a "great" win. But it is, nonetheless, still a quality win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom