Loss doesn't hurt us, actually only helps us | Syracusefan.com

Loss doesn't hurt us, actually only helps us

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
SC is a good team. They'll be at least a 5 seed in the Dance. They'll probably knock off UK in the SEC during their matchup. Threat to win the SEC.

We played horribly. Probably the worst that we could possibly play. I'd rather lose this type of game early in the year and learn from it. Many lessons that the team can learn from today.

Our cupcakes were extra fat this year. Didn't do anything to get us ready for a very good team. Hopefully we come out better against Wiscy. However, I wouldn't be shocked if we lay another stinker in that game. Madison is a very tough place to win.

SC is a good team. They'll be at least a 5 seed in the Dance. They'll probably knock off UK in the SEC during their matchup. Threat to win the SEC.

We played horribly. Probably the worst that we could possibly play. I'd rather lose this type of game early in the year and learn from it. Many lessons that the team can learn from today.

Our cupcakes were extra fat this year. Didn't do anything to get us ready for a very good team. Hopefully we come out better against Wiscy. However, I wouldn't be shocked if we lay another stinker in that game. Madison is a very tough place to win.

After a lot of complaining about the RPI earlier, I joked that a loss here might help our RPI more than all the cupcakes we were loading. Im impressed that our schedule maker didnt make it 11 out of 12 cupckaes in non tournament games. Wait though, wasnt this some sort of pseudo-tournament, hence the pseudo-neutral court?

Say what you want but Frank Martin can coach his ass off. He's definitely building something there.

Cocks are on the rise.

I agree about the Frank Martin part, and I see what you did there. I did mention wanting to make a phone call to purchase a hooker and drugs to get this out of my system earlier, but your last statement is still premature, at least for me.

We'll probably lose to Wisconsin...and I'll still feel pretty good about betting on this team to win it all.

Yea right. We sucked

Was that one of those "I see what you did there"s that was in reply to why his last statement was correct, or am I seeing things from lack of sleep?

We'll probably lose to Wisconsin...and I'll still feel pretty good about betting on this team to win it all.

Ok, I didnt see the perversion in your post, you're going to have to help me out here. :(

We better fix some things in a hurry, Tuesday is not going to be easy, I am just alarmed at how bad offensively we were.

Say what you want but Frank Martin can coach his ass off. He's definitely building something there.

Cocks are on the rise.
Eh let's wait and see. Martin's strength is he gets kids to play hard all night, every night. That pays off during the regular season but usually balances out come tournament time. I thought his game plan against the zone helped us, especially when he subbed Dozier. They basically did what we did all day. Stood around and dribbled and waited for one player to create something.

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.

Lot of good comments above. I agree the Wisconsin game will tell us a lot about where this year's team maturity and leadership level is at. If Syracuse comes out with more of the same turnovers, standing around looking for someone else to create, then it will mean we did not learn from Saturday. If one or more leaders step forward and walks the talk - then this team will start to build a foundation of confidence for this season. Even a loss with just some of the offensive and defensive deficiencies fixed or improved on versus a quality team will be a step in the right direction. Lets see if this was a "good wake up call" or an early sign of a frustrating year.

Sorry, losses don't ever help. Ever. You can learn from the way you played in a loss, sure, I'll buy that. Hopefully, you can learn from the way you play in a win too. I actually thought we played poorly in the first half of our prior game.

The loss against South Carolina was very bad for us and coupled with a loss Tuesday, would put us in a very bad position for this season. Gotta build a resume in the non-conference and we don't have a lot of chances this year.

I agree with boeheim when he says that losing never "helps". but I don't watch as much college as I used too, and once I got a chance to see the beginning of the game and I realized that frank martin was at SC, I was like "great we are playing Pitt in November". style, they fouled like crazy any time we got in the open court. but they won so there isn't a lot we can say about it.

So if we won would that have helped us as well? So either way we go into Barclays and it would have helped us win or lose. I don't get it.

I don't get that you don't get it.

I get that you're trying to find a positive with the loss but it doesn't make sense to me that the loss helps this teams. Whatever we would have learned during the loss we would have learned from a win or in some game in the future.

I really don't care what anybody thinks, but we're a better team than SC and I'm just sick of hearing about any close game or loss that the team we played is "really good, best in their crappy conference, bad match up". All those things mean are we were piss poor and got lucky to get a win.

I get that you're trying to find a positive with the loss but it doesn't make sense to me that the loss helps this teams. Whatever we would have learned during the loss we would have learned from a win or in some game in the future.

I really don't care what anybody thinks, but we're a better team than SC and I'm just sick of hearing about any close game or loss that the team we played is "really good, best in their crappy conference, bad match up". All those things mean are we were piss poor and got lucky to get a win.
Just curious, are you under or over the age of 30?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom