Loss doesn't hurt us, actually only helps us | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Loss doesn't hurt us, actually only helps us

What I actually said was that it wouldn't be a "good loss"--you know, the premise of this entire thread--unless we improve.

Duh. Wow, your reading comprehension sucks about as bad as your bountiful H0T Takes.

And for the record, it should be painfully obvious by now that White doesn't have a handle, is a catch and shoot scorer, and can't create his own shots off of the bounce. If you can't see that for yourself, then you're hopeless. Here's hoping that White is only keeping the starting spot at the 2 warm, because the team is disadvantaged from both a ball handling and passing standpoint with him in the backcourt.
Go ahead and pound the table if that's all ya got.

Just so we're clear, White is the starting SG, right?

For now. But Iommi nailed it today about Battle needing to ascend into that spot. And if the offensive execution continues to be poor, I'd expect at least 2 changes to the starting lineup in the very near future.

And so we're clear, what I said was that White didn't have SG skills, and that it wouldn't be most beneficial to the team for him to play the 2. And as we're beginning to see, both of those observations were accurate.

Sure. But it's easier to learn from your mistakes when you believe you're making mistakes.

Judging by who our coach has been for the past 100 years, if you don't think that man doesn't see mistakes in a win then nobody does and you'd be correct.

But unfortunately for you our HOF coach can find a million things wrong with his team even after a 40 point victory and has no issue announcing his displeasure to the world.

Go ahead and pound the table if that's all ya got.

As stated above, shame on me for getting drawn into your goofiness twice today. In neither thread did you make a worthwhile point.

Unsubscribe.

For now. But Iommi nailed it today about Battle needing to ascend into that spot. And if the offensive execution continues to be poor, I'd expect at least 2 changes to the starting lineup in the very near future.

And so we're clear, what I said was that White didn't have SG skills, and that it wouldn't be most beneficial to the team for him to play the 2. And as we're beginning to see, both of those observations were accurate.

It comes down to playing time. If JB doesn't want to bruise egos, he can leave White starting at the 2. Battle should get more time there, as I've said. He's the only untapped asset on the team and it's his best position. This doesn't mean I don't want AW3 to play. Let him get plenty of minutes at the 3. The player who'd see his playing time reduced would be Roberson. Scrap most of Lydon's time at the 3.

I'd get Battle to the scorer's table much sooner than he's been there.

Judging by who our coach has been for the past 100 years, if you don't think that man doesn't see mistakes in a win then nobody does and you'd be correct.

But unfortunately for you our HOF coach can find a million things wrong with his team even after a 40 point victory and has no issue announcing his displeasure to the world.
Agreed. But what about the players? How much were they listening when they went 25-0?

Agreed. But what about the players? How much were they listening when they went 25-0?

25-0 didn't have anything to do with that team's eventual struggles. Personnel limitations and poor scoring did. That team got lucky numerous times climbing to that gaudy starting record and could have easily lost 3-4 games during that stretch. The offensive flaws were readily apparent early that season.

If they'd lost a game earlier, per your premise, then we wouldn't have been any better later on. Nor would we have "learned" anything that would have helped our eventual postseason flame out--you can't get blood from a stone.

Pretty sure you argued that White would be the starting SF and were your typical stubborn self about it.

Do you think you know more about basketball than Boeheim?

As stated above, shame on me for getting drawn into your goofiness twice today. In neither thread did you make a worthwhile point.

Unsubscribe.
More psychological projection. At least you're not repeating yourself.

Pretty sure you argued that White would be the starting SF and were your typical stubborn self about it.

Do you think you know more about basketball than Boeheim?

What I actually said was that White was best suited for 3, and that is factually correct. And now, it is being displayed for everybody to see during games. I also said that I expected JB to start White at the 2, but to move him to the 3 fairly early in the season. We'll see. Given the horrendous reading comprehension you've displayed today, I'm not surprised you were confused and misinterpreted. Numerous board institution posters who unlike you actually know what they're talking about, agree with that position.

None of us condescend to claim that we know more than Boeheim. But that doesn't mean that he is right all the time, and that his decisions can't be questioned or that he isn't occasionally wrong about things.

More psychological projection. At least you're not repeating yourself.

But now you are.

Actually, that seems to be your only tactic.

Looking forward to your third psychological projection [misapplied, no less] post in 3...2...

Probably a lot when you beat St Francis by 6, St Johns by 5, BC by 10, Pitt on a prayer, and NC State by 1.

You figure that the BC game would have "awaken" the team but in all reality ended the season 3-5. Guess they didn't learn much from the BC loss.

25-0 didn't have anything to do with that team's eventual struggles. Personnel limitations and poor scoring did. That team got lucky numerous times climbing to that gaudy starting record and could have easily lost 3-4 games during that stretch. The offensive flaws were readily apparent early that season.

If they'd lost a game earlier, per your premise, then we wouldn't have been any better later on. Nor would we have "learned" anything that would have helped our eventual postseason flame out--you can't get blood from a stone.
Thanks for renewing your subscription. You don't think Boeheim was aware of those issues? You don't think he was going over them in practice? But how much is a guy like Ennis going to listen when the team keeps winning?

Uh, perhaps you need to edit your post for errors or perhaps the reading comprehension issues are all yours, if that's what you think my premise is.

Thanks for renewing your subscription. You don't think Boeheim was aware of those issues? You don't think he was going over them in practice? But how much is a guy like Ennis going to listen when the team keeps winning?

Uh, perhaps you need to edit your post for errors or perhaps the reading comprehension issues are all yours, if that's what you think my premise is.

NOW who's psychologically projecting?

But thank you for telling us what Tyler Ennis was thinking during the 2014 season, Madame Cleo.

Enjoy the game, fellas. Bottom line, Izzo schedules tough nonconference games - games they tend to lose - because he believes his teams are better off for them. I agree with his assessment. But what does he know?

Enjoy the game, fellas. Bottom line, Izzo schedules tough nonconference games - games they tend to lose - because he believes his teams are better off for them. I agree with his assessment. But what does he know?

Worked for him last year.

Pretty sure I was right at the time.

In the immortal words of Derrick Coleman--"Whoop-dee-damn-doo."

Thankfully, he's not starting there anymore. As many correctly observed, White is a liability at the 2 on both sides of the ball in our system.

That was actually a very informative read--you should have paid more attention. I correctly described White not having the ball handling skills and overall game to play 3, and I correctly pointed out that Lydon wasn't well suited to play the 3 effectively. On July 7th, no less.

Literally, the only thing I got "wrong" in that entire post was that White would start at 3 from day one. It only took 6 games for that prediction to come true, too. At least Boeheim finally made the move, which will only benefit the lineup in the long run.

Meanwhile, you claimed that our offensive problems were all due to South Carolina's defense instead of piss poor execution, and that White was our shooting guard. In both cases, it only took one game for both of these positions to be proved congenitally false. You should quit while you're behind.

That was actually a very informative read--you should have paid more attention. I correctly described White not having the ball handling skills and overall game to play 3, and I correctly pointed out that Lydon wasn't well suited to play the 3 effectively. On July 7th, no less.

The one thing I got "wrong" was that White would start at 3 from day one. It only took 6 games for that prediction to come true, too. At least Boeheim finally made the move, which will only benefit the lineup in the long run.

Meanwhile, you claimed that our offensive problems were all due to South Carolina's defense instead of piss poor execution, and that White was our shooting guard. In both cases, it only took one game for both of these positions to be proved congenitally false. You should quit while you're behind.
Here's another gem: Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Oops--got that one wrong. 1 out of the 95 things I predicted this summer hasn't come to pass.

Compare that to your track record. Maybe you should post that we'll lose to Uconn, since you're wrong about everything you predict.
You've missed more than one, pal. Two have been noted so far. More to come...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom