Lost in all the Manziel ho ha, John Reagan's | Syracusefan.com

Lost in all the Manziel ho ha, John Reagan's

A&M had 5 defensive starters suspended, that helped.

A&M had 5 defensive starters suspended, that helped.

Jesus ... what, did they murder someone for them to have been suspended for an entire game?

if SS fails...theres your next HC.

ready, aim, fire......

Oh Lord

if SS fails...theres your next HC.

ready, aim, fire......

Oh Lord

OH THE HORROR!!!!

Tend to agree, I know many talked about his as an OC for a few years now before Hackett and GMC. He did well at Kansas as the O Line Coach/ Run game coordinator under the Fat Man. Another former O line guy to keep an eye on is Frank Giufre.. He was the OC at Maine when they were throwing the kitchen sink at us, I think they were a dropped pass away from really making a hell of game of it, now QC for the Colts and would imagine he will move up the chain after this year

OH THE HORROR!!!!

Tend to agree, I know many talked about his as an OC for a few years now before Hackett and GMC. He did well at Kansas as the O Line Coach/ Run game coordinator under the Fat Man. Another former O line guy to keep an eye on is Frank Giufre.. He was the OC at Maine when they were throwing the kitchen sink at us, I think they were a dropped pass away from really making a hell of game of it, now QC for the Colts and would imagine he will move up the chain after this year

How has he never been on the SU radar? (or has he?). With the alums that have circled the program lately, you'd think his name would have come up. Is he just happy being out in the Midwest/Southwest and doesn't want to come back east?

A former player who clearly has the resume, just seems strange.

How has he never been on the SU radar? (or has he?). With the alums that have circled the program lately, you'd think his name would have come up. Is he just happy being out in the Midwest/Southwest and doesn't want to come back east?

A former player who clearly has the resume, just seems strange.

GO and I have kicked his name around for 3-4 years now but I have never heard anything that he was even interested at anytime

GO and I have kicked his name around for 3-4 years now but I have never heard anything that he was even interested at anytime

Yep, I know you two were talking about him when he was OL coach/run game coordinator under No Neck at Kansas. Just seems weird that his name hasn't surfaced at all. Hard to tell if that's because head coaches are creatures of habit with the assistants they want, or if Reagan just hasn't put his name out there for a lateral move back to the northeast. Nothing wrong with having former players with successful coaching careers. Can only help.

Yep, I know you two were talking about him when he was OL coach/run game coordinator under No Neck at Kansas. Just seems weird that his name hasn't surfaced at all. Hard to tell if that's because head coaches are creatures of habit with the assistants they want, or if Reagan just hasn't put his name out there for a lateral move back to the northeast. Nothing wrong with having former players with successful coaching careers. Can only help.
he was mentioned in the marrone hiring convo, but we jumped to 'better' candidates like holtz, some guy at umass whos name i forget and addazio for the final 4 after guys like pelini and kelly got gigs.

we didnt have a search this time......

he was mentioned in the marrone hiring convo, but we jumped to 'better' candidates like holtz, some guy at umass whos name i forget and addazio for the final 4 after guys like pelini and kelly got gigs.

Well, he's got full on OC experience now, so if this Shafer thing doesn't work out, I'm with you.

What I think I like best is how much he looks like Ed Helms. The Nard Dog could even sub in on press conferences if needed.

I was hoping he would get a call once Hackett was gone for the Buffalo job, but I understand why Shafer wanted to get his guys. If/when McDonald moves on, and his career has been one of short stays, I hope he gets a look if Lester isn't the guy.

I was hoping he would get a call once Hackett was gone for the Buffalo job, but I understand why Shafer wanted to get his guys. If/when McDonald moves on, and his career has been one of short stays, I hope he gets a look if Lester isn't the guy.

It's a lot easier to bounce around as a mid major OC, power conference position coach. Recruiting results can trump your position's results on the field.

Won't be as easy as a power conference OC, unless he either A) is ok being demoted just to get out of here, or B) his offense is rocking. I sure hope it's B. And getting Reagan to backfill would be quite a score.

It's a lot easier to bounce around as a mid major OC, power conference position coach. Recruiting results can trump your position's results on the field.

Won't be as easy as a power conference OC, unless he either A) is ok being demoted just to get out of here, or B) his offense is rocking. I sure hope it's B. And getting Reagan to backfill would be quite a score.

Since kcsu has already identified him as lacking, my guess he's working in San Fran for Harbaugh in 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom