Louisville Cards being naughty? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Cards being naughty?

it didn't take long for ESPN to bring up Boeheim after interviewing Pitino because it wouldn't be a scandal unless ESPN found a way to tie Syracuse basketball to it.
what did they say?

what did they say?
talked about Boeheim running a fast and loose program and how he was penalized by the NCAA - trying to draw a comparison between hookers at Louisville and Fab Melo getting help writing a paper

Loose (adj.)
-Student athletes don't have bars on theirs windows and can hang out with large groups of other students.
-The Head Coach isn't a bachelor, doesn't room with them, and has agreed not to have private investigators watching them off the court in exchange for 150 wins.

By loose does that mean the kids don't have bars on theirs windows and can hang out with large groups of other students?
Or does that mean the Head Coach doesn't room with them and have private investigators watching them off the court?

By loose, it means that JB is responsible for football players working at the Y. :crazy:

I mean we all knew this kind of stuff happens.

I wonder if Syracuse does it? Let's hear from the insiders! JK...kinda.
Obviously there are prostitutes in Syracuse but I hate to even visualize how skanky they would be. Is it bad or wrong of me to think like that.

Obviously there are prostitutes in Syracuse but I hate to even visualize how skanky they would be. Is it bad or wrong of me to think like that.

I think it's a way of life in lots of industries. You're being realistic if you think like that.

I don't judge college teams for doing whatever it takes anymore. The entire college sports landscape is so dirty I want to take a shower every time Mark Emmert speaks.

talked about Boeheim running a fast and loose program and how he was penalized by the NCAA - trying to draw a comparison between hookers at Louisville and Fab Melo getting help writing a paper
Funny you should bring this up. I always felt Slick Rick was pissed that Fab chose SU over 'Ville and blew us in about Fab's academic prowess.

Funny you should bring this up. I always felt Slick Rick was pissed that Fab chose SU over 'Ville and blew us in about Fab's academic prowess.
that would not surprise me, not one bit. Can't wait to see how this saga ends up

It says around $10K was used. GA's and Director of Ops don't typically have a huge income with that kind of disposable cash, though I don't know if it was spent over 1 or 5 years. (of course, don't even know if any of this is true).

When Louisville's investigation figures out that they barely paid this guy for those years and he was throwing this kind of money around, it makes me think if the investigation could take a few interesting turns.

What a shocker this comes out on the first day of hoops practice. I guess it's better than right before the NCAA tournament, like our salacious news usually drips out.
Not only deliberate timing, but typically sleazy subject matter for Y sports and P. Forde. Interesting to see what the NCAA does with this -- since some of their investigators may be clients themselves.

It says around $10K was used. GA's and Director of Ops don't typically have a huge income with that kind of disposable cash, though I don't know if it was spent over 1 or 5 years. (of course, don't even know if any of this is true).

When Louisville's investigation figures out that they barely paid this guy for those years and he was throwing this kind of money around, it makes me think if the investigation could take a few interesting turns.

Rick's discretionary fund. It's like Petty Cash. You use it for those "incidentals".
th

In all seriousness... it's not *if* this kind of stuff goes on at any number of bigtime programs, it's whether or not they can keep it concealed

The image of the ACC as an out-law league cannot be good for our appeal.

It depends on whether or not Louisville has a written policy against paying prostitutes to entertain recruits and if they do, did they choose to ignore the policy. Otherwise, I'm guessing no.
I believe the head coach is obligated to let the player's mother know her boy was frolicking with a lady of the evening. If no call then there shall be a stripping of wins. Wheelhouse baby.

that ...the SEC and Big 10 / 12 all put ACC to shame ... USC UCLAand Oregon say hi too

It's just fashionable to bash the ACC per ESPN and media types

East coast media targets East Coast markets to satisfy East Coadt and National demand

Especially since Louisville's infractions occurred while they were still in the Big East.

The publisher paid a well respected investigator a large sum to vet this story and the lady had photos and texts to back her claim up. Sounds like she has Rick by the balls here and that is why he can't sleep at nights.

I think Rick knew about this long before August and that is why his pimp left the house in 2014.

The publisher paid a well respected investigator a large sum to vet this story and the lady had photos and texts to back her claim up. Sounds like she has Rick by the balls here and that is why he can't sleep at nights.

I think Rick knew about this long before August and that is why his pimp left the house in 2014.

Now lets also find a way to nail him for something on the 96 UK team... if uconn can get a couple gift NC's so can we

. . . . that ...the SEC and Big 10 / 12 all put ACC to shame ... USC UCLAand Oregon say hi too

It's just fashionable to bash the ACC per ESPN and media types

East coast media targets East Coast markets to satisfy East Coadt and National demand
Louisville is hardly East Coast.
But...more generally...the closer a team is to a media market, the more interest there's going to be from the media in that market.
5 of the Top 10 markets are on the East Coast...including NYC, the media center.
So yes, teams in eastern markets may get more attention.
And Pitino is a well-known figure...with prominent stints in Providence, NYC & Boston.
But it's not as if anyone is ignoring SMU or USC or any other major institution of higher misbehavior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom