Louisville Receives NCAA Notice of Allegations | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Receives NCAA Notice of Allegations

B: somehow j.a.b. HAD TO HAVE KNOWN a staffer provided impermissible help on a paper but pitino COULDN'T HAVE KNOWN his players were regularly attending s e x parties on campus

Well of course he knew that. The part he couldn't have known ;););) was that his Director of Basketball Operations was paying for them. Apparently $80 a pop.

Of course Rick wasn't involved he was down at the local restaurant asking the owner if he could close up so he could bag his next Karen Sypher.

There was an under-aged hooker involved. At some point there has to be some arrest warrants. I just can't imagine this scandal is over.

I think one of the most amazing parts of this story is the University's board of directors was replaced by another group by order of the governor. That alone makes this scandal epic!

The Ncaa is a disgrace, they really should be under investigation themselves, they are crooks every last one that works in their office.

They run universities and athletic departments.
With many of those, I rest my case.

Many universities simply fire and hire presidents and ADs. They have almost unlimited kids trying to get in and if they have financial problems, they simply raise their rates.

While there are certainly good, well managed universities/colleges, they shouldn't all be looked at as shining examples of good management.

How many of the best managers (presidents, ADs) end up on NCAA committees?

Last edited:
I don't buy this argument. If NCAA is going to enforce GPA requirements, then this is an issue.
It seems to me that we faced some eligibility issues because a certain player was found to have taken a substandard class in high school in Africa. But a whole team can take substandard classes at UNC and there are no eligibility issues! Huh?

It seems to me that we faced some eligibility issues because a certain player was found to have taken a substandard class in high school in Africa. But a whole team can take substandard classes at UNC and there are no eligibility issues! Huh?

I've heard the argument that it's not an athletic department issue but a University wide academic issue. So that's why the UNC classes are not a problem. But how can this argument hold any water when the students use those grades for academic eligibility requirements for NCAA play. It just makes no sense to me.

"The reason? This was a scam that all students benefited from, not just the athletes enrolled in the classes. There was also significant evidence that the students enrolled in these classes at least had to turn in something before being awarded a grade. Regardless of what the content of the turned in paper was, the fact that actual work had to be done makes it extremely difficult to prove academic fraud, and thus, the NCAA chose not to head down that road. So instead of academic fraud, the NCAA has chosen to describe what took place as "impermissible benefits to student-athletes that were not generally available to the student body.""

Here’s the Awful 146-Word “Essay” That Earned an A- for a UNC Jock

On the evening of December Rosa Parks decided that she was going to sit in the white people section on the bus in Montgomery, Alabama. During this time blacks had to give up there seats to whites when more whites got on the bus. Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat. Her and the bus driver began to talk and the conversation went like this. “Let me have those front seats” said the driver. She didn’t get up and told the driver that she was tired of giving her seat to white people. “I’m going to have you arrested,” said the driver. “You may do that,” Rosa Parks responded. Two white policemen came in and Rosa Parks asked them “why do you all push us around?” The police officer replied and said “I don’t know, but the law is the law and you’re under arrest.
Here’s the Awful 146-Word “Essay” That Earned an A- for a UNC Jock

It's like text from a google search.

realorange said:
With many of those, I rest my case. Many universities simply fire and hire presidents and ADs. They have almost unlimited kids trying to get in and if they have financial problems, they simply raise their rates. While there are certainly good, well managed universities/colleges, they shouldn't all be looked at as shining examples of good management. How many of the best managers (presidents, ADs) end up on NCAA committees?

Absolutely no idea on your question. I think Jake C was on one of them at one time.

Don't worry Rick, the NCAA will take care of this for you.

It's not his fault. He didn't know.

Wasn't that supposedly the issue with JB, the NCAA saying that he should have known what his staff was doing and since he didn't that was a lack of institutional control ( the old damn if you did know and damn if you didn't) ?NCAA twists rules to fit the "who" they target making it so irrelevant to the "what" that actually happened. Uggh

Good for Jay Bilas.

Anyone want to argue how arbitrary and capricious the NCAA's enforcement of the rules and who to go after are?

I take solace in this obvious bias from the NCAA being what we'll be able to use legally to overturn their BS penalties.

Can't wait until the NCAA perishes in flames--screw them.
I sometimes mock Bilas' obsession with Jeezy, but he definitely has SU's and JB's back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom