Louisville Tailgate Sat, Nov 7th | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Tailgate Sat, Nov 7th

If I get lucky, I'll bring some sausage from the hog I'll have killed.
Sounds good...if you do that...that would be considered your tailgate fee...and you get to eat/drink for free.

I like some Jalapeno in that sausage...LOL

Sounds good...if you do that...that would be considered your tailgate fee...and you get to eat/drink for free.

I like some Jalapeno in that sausage...LOL

I could probably arrange that. Gotta kill the hog first, though =D

Also...if what anyone brings is above and beyond...I do reimburse for costs or most of the costs. The whole idea is everyone pays or provides at approximately the same level. We'll finalize the menu about a month out. Road trip menus are usually less involved since most of us are all traveling.

If that is BBQ...the problem is it doesn't usually travel well. Maybe they have some smoked sausage or something like that to grill.
BTW, we're only about 4 hours south of Louisville. If I don't get a hog, I can probably bring up BBQ without it getting nasty. We've got a really good BBQ place in town (Arab).

If you guys need anything specific, coming from Cincinnati, I'm happy to help in anyway that I can. Just PM me and we can figure out what is needed. I've been going to away games for a few years now and have been bummed I haven't been able to make one of these. Look forward to it being my first.

Changing my status for this as confirmed. Because I'm not far from Louisville - I can bring a good amount of food and/or beer.

If you guys need anything specific, coming from Cincinnati, I'm happy to help in anyway that I can. Just PM me and we can figure out what is needed. I've been going to away games for a few years now and have been bummed I haven't been able to make one of these. Look forward to it being my first.

Little Kings
Hudy 14-K
Hudepohl Porter
Hudepohl Oktoberfest

Good cheap beers

I'm definitely be there Mark but not sure on others just yet. Looking forward to it, haven't missed a Cuse game at Papa John's since they joined the BE.

Hello I'm looking for some guidance. My grandson is an incoming freshman and our family is looking forward to attending many games. How does this all work? We are planning to attend this game. When you are talking parking pass is that in order to tailgate? Does everyone bring their own or contribute to a buffet type of thing. We should have a larger group going and I'm looking to book our hotel. Just trying to understand how it all works for tailgating, etc. Thank you for any assistance.

Hello I'm looking for some guidance. My grandson is an incoming freshman and our family is looking forward to attending many games. How does this all work? We are planning to attend this game. When you are talking parking pass is that in order to tailgate? Does everyone bring their own or contribute to a buffet type of thing. We should have a larger group going and I'm looking to book our hotel. Just trying to understand how it all works for tailgating, etc. Thank you for any assistance.

CuseNoni send me an email at TexanMarkTailgate at gmail dot com

We'll swap cell phone numbers...easier for me to explain how we work this over the phone...BTW, welcome to the board. You will have a blast attending the tailgates. Great way to meet a lot of folks who post here.

Update...if you haven't booked your motel yet

A few of us so far are staying at the:

Sleep Inn
1850 Priority Way
Louisville, KY 40299

I got a AAA rate of $56.05 a night + tax
It is about 10 mins east of the stadium in a nice area. Plenty of other motels close by.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-louisville-kentucky-KY005

If you stay within a couple mins of here...let me know. We will caravan to the tailgate for anyone interested on gameday.

Parking is getting looked at...got an awesome lead on an excellent spot. BTW, Cincy Alumni club is joining us.

Hey Mark, sorry to say we have to bail on this game. I sent you an email. We'll definitely see you at the NC State Game.

Larry

Parking is down to 2 candidates

One is at the Kentucky Exposition Center. It is a cash lot for $8-10. Downside it is about 3/4 mile walk.

The other location is near Churchill Downs...I won't know for about 6 weeks if it is possible. Cost is estimated at about $20 but it would be on grass and the walk will be much shorter.

Parking is down to 2 candidates

One is at the Kentucky Exposition Center. It is a cash lot for $8-10. Downside it is about 3/4 mile walk.

The other location is near Churchill Downs...I won't know for about 6 weeks if it is possible. Cost is estimated at about $20 but it would be on grass and the walk will be much shorter.
Expo center is the way to go. Everybody parks there and it's a huge tailgate scene. Depending on where we park there (it's a huge complex) its an easy walk.

Lot H is where we were setup last time we were there. It's a straight shot down Central to the stadium. A tad long for older folks but we can easily get our group together there.

http://kyexpo.org/pdfs/Parking Map no ADA.pdf
Sounds good...I'm also working a possible private lot quite a bit closer. I'll call you when I get the info on it and go over the pros and cons. I think Lot H would be a great fallback place.

NOTE: Anyone coming have a portable flagpole we can use? It is awesome for folks to see our tailgate from a distance.

k2-_34feabc7-c2be-4a26-a06e-7ca8a544ae6d.v1.jpg

NOTE: Anyone coming have a portable flagpole we can use? It is awesome for folks to see our tailgate from a distance.

k2-_34feabc7-c2be-4a26-a06e-7ca8a544ae6d.v1.jpg

Who had the flag set up at Central Michigan last year? That is how we found the tailgate. One of the flags was the 10th Mountain Divisions flag I believe it was the one below...

images

Don't quite remember, but it is definitely how we found everyone.

Who had the flag set up at Central Michigan last year? That is how we found the tailgate. One of the flags was the 10th Mountain Divisions flag I believe it was the one below...

images

Don't quite remember, but it is definitely how we found everyone.

That was my flag/flag pole but I'm flying in...BTW, I think I remember Crusty has one.

UPDATE: Crusty will bring flagpole, stand and Cuse Flag)
10th MTN Flag.JPG

Last edited: