Love Mitch Kimble | Syracusefan.com

Love Mitch Kimble

Yes, the kid is good. I liked the way he stayed in the pocket until the last possible second to wait for a receiver to get open and complete the pass. I saw this several times. I wonder if he would be that poised in a real game situation where the defense would actually sack him.

Yeah, a little too much of a windup, I think.

I don't agree at all.

He has a quick release.

And he threw two of the best passes I have ever seen an SU QB throw.

He was very impressive.

Thought he had a good arm and what appeared to be, a 3/4 delivery. Not the best as far as not getting balls batted down at the LOS.

Who threw the strike down the middle to Brisly for a 64 yard gain?

That's who I mean.

Last edited:
[quot="orange79, post: 1031635, member: 159"]Kimble threw the 64-yarder to Estime.[/quote]

That's Who I Mean.

Kimble Has A Great Arm.

Last edited:
I mean I thought Wilson did well, but both of his TDs were a result of great runs after the catch by the WRs. Everyones gotta relax a little with him.

Wow.

What An Arm!

I like his moxie, his poise, his athleticism and general demeanor. His arm strength didn't wow me but that is common for true freshmen. If he can build his arm strength up (like Say Terrel Hunt has since he arrived on campus), he can be a force.

I saw what I think is typical, two true frosh with almost a yea under their belt who look like they have been working hard and learning the system, gotten bigger and stronger A true starter and a kid who just left high school. I never understood all the talk that AJ was just going to pass by Kimble and Wilson, just my 2 cents but he looked the clear #4, IMO.

I saw what I think is typical, two true frosh with almost a yea under their belt who look like they have been working hard and learning the system, gotten bigger and stronger A true starter and a kid who just left high school. I never understood all the talk that AJ was just going to pass by Kimble and Wilson, just my 2 cents but he looked the clear #4, IMO.

Lester was saying by "the numbers" AJ is ahead of Kimble by a tiny bit - and both are ahead of Wilson by larger margin before the spring game. I'd bet Kimble passed AJ based on numbers and performance. I'm putting money on Kimble being the #2.

Lester was saying by "the numbers" AJ is ahead of Kimble by a tiny bit - and both are ahead of Wilson by larger margin before the spring game. I'd bet Kimble passed AJ based on numbers and performance. I'm putting money on Kimble being the #2.
I agree. We need to remember that Kimble has been limited due to a back injury which effects all aspects of his game. Try throwing, running or even lift weights with a bad back. Not a pleasant experience and very frustrating.

Hopefully he gets back to 100% soon so he can fine tune his skills over the summer.

I like his moxie, his poise, his athleticism and general demeanor. His arm strength didn't wow me but that is common for true freshmen. If he can build his arm strength up (like Say Terrel Hunt has since he arrived on campus), he can be a force.

Lester said that he was actually throwing better in the fall - the low back condition has apparently impacted him this spring.

Not to mention, he was one of the ones out there late signing autographs for the kids. Even after he said he was done, he signed for my daughter's and a couple other kids. I'm a fan

I like Long's character but he looks nothing like a FBS QB to me. Weak arm with a horrible throwing motion. Looks like a future safety if he can gain 20 pounds.

I agree. We need to remember that Kimble has been limited due to a back injury which effects all aspects of his game. Try throwing, running or even lift weights with a bad back. Not a pleasant experience and very frustrating.

Hopefully he gets back to 100% soon so he can fine tune his skills over the summer.

not to mention it was a controlled setting and one of Kimble's biggest assets is his ability to make plays on the ground.

I like Long's character but he looks nothing like a FBS QB to me. Weak arm with a horrible throwing motion. Looks like a future safety if he can gain 20 pounds.

He does look very small. He does have a very odd throwing motion.

But he appears to move very well - there was no QB contact during the scrimmage - and he seems to be productive.

I was thinking that he is perhaps a Johnny Manziel type player.

We shall see.

Off topic...

But TH is the #15 QB prospect of his draft class thus far.

I think he'll move up. I'm proud to have a competitive QB position again.

Regardless of which QB people are anointing or throwing their support behind, I'm just personally very excited to have a group of QBs with promise, all of whom seem to have solid upside. What a welcome change--it was only a few years ago that our "best" option at QB was to trot out a walk on.

And in addition to these four, who all are at different points on their respective developmental curves and have different strengths / weaknesses / capabilities, we have a highly touted prospect entering the competition this fall. There have been years when we couldn't even field ONE legit playmaker at QB, let alone having a group of 5 who might be able to get the job done if thrown into the fire.

And with the offense evolving into what McDonald describes, I think we're going to find that more and more playmakers want to sign up to be a part of it.

We're heading in the right direction, and having solid QB play is a big part of it. Looking forward to seeing what Hunt can do these next two years. And afterwards, that sets up as a perfect transition point to "experienced QBs" -- who will either be fourth year juniors [Kimble, Wilson] or third year sophomores [Long, Edouard]. Great situation to be in. Competition should be fierce.

Last edited:
Regardless of which QB people are anointing or throwing their support behind, I'm just personally very excited to have a group of QBs with promise, all of whom seem to have solid upside. What a welcome change--it was only a few years ago that our "best" option at QB was to trot out a walk on.

And in addition to these four, who all are at different points on their respective developmental curves and have different strengths / weaknesses / capabilities, we have a highly touted prospect entering the competition this fall. There have been years when we couldn't even field ONE legit playmaker at QB, let alone having a group of 5.

And with the offense evolving into what McDonald describes, I think we're going to find that more and more playmakers want to sign up to be a part of it.

We're heading in the right direction, and having solid QB play is a big part of it. Looking forward to seeing what Hunt can do these next two years. And afterwards, that sets up as a perfect transition point to "experienced QBs" -- who will either be fourth year juniors [Kimble, Wilson] or third year sophomores [Long, Edouard]. Great situation to be in. Competition should be fierce.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom