Love them or hate them..ND | Syracusefan.com

Love them or hate them..ND

Wichita St's overplay on defense just killed them. Its exactly what ND plays well against. It so obvious you'd think teams would learn by now. Play them straight up back off force jumpers. Its the ball movement to open easy shots off of the defensive scramble that ND eats for breakfast.

Notre Dame has sure been impressive. it might be the best team they've ever had.

Wow. Don't like ND but nobody is playing as cohesively as they are. Really tight TEAM.

jordoo said:
Wichita St's overplay on defense just killed them. Its exactly what ND plays well against. It so obvious you'd think teams would learn by now. Play them straight up back off force jumpers. Its the ball movement to open easy shots off of the defensive scramble that ND eats for breakfast.

Exactly. Nd used back cuts, most a Princeton offense and got lots of easy baskets. I've been critical if Brey in the past, but their game plan tonight was excellent.

When was the last time the Irish made the regional final? Had to be when digger was on the bench.

Edit: 1979. Good for them.

Umm it also helps that ND has the best player on the court. Grant just tossed the last shovel load of dirt with that shot.

Umm it also helps that ND has the best player on the court. Grant just tossed the last shovel load of dirt with that shot.
Made the game look easy tonight. Great to watch when he's on. Some flashy passes never hurt anyone either!

First time ND has been to Elite 8 in 36 years.

Amazing.

They're ND. Much hate.

But the only thing I got left is to root for the ACC.

SU--$$$

Living down here in North Carolina ACC land, I have no love at all for UNC, Duke, or NC State. I will always root for these three teams to lose in basketball - blowout or heartbreaking losses are a bonus. I have no trouble rooting for Notre Dame and Louisville in this Tournament, though. They can continue to bring in money to the ACC. Otherwise, I hate them, too.

I guess, but the Irish have won 32 games scoring 78/game on 51% shooting against arguably the toughest conference foes out there. At the end of the day, this is just a really good offensive team.

They can be fun to watch. (wish we had Grant)

I was going to post this as well. It's so nice to watch what a team can do when all five players have verifiable offensive skill. We need to upgrade our offensive productivity. I just get sad watching teams like ND execute.

I guess, but the Irish have won 32 games scoring 78/game on 51% shooting against arguably the toughest conference foes out there. At the end of the day, this is just a really good offensive team.

And the lack of offense is what has been killing college bball. I actually hope they win it all What they actually play bball and we beat them and they are in our conference. Not like I really want anyone left to win but if I had to pick . . .

Last edited:
I work with a couple ND grads. None of them even knew the NCAA tournament had started or if ND was in it, nevermind that they had a game today. They truly are a football only school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom