LSU Game | Syracusefan.com

LSU Game

SU68

Starter
I was only half listening, but they did an interview with the acting AD at halftime. When asked about the LSU game, he said something about how their fans would be coming up in droves, that they are renting a building next to the Dome (?) for a huge tailgate, and that they had been checking out all the local hotels. Glad I already got my reservations.

Have any of you locals heard anything about this?

SU68 said:
I was only half listening, but they did an interview with the acting AD at halftime. When asked about the LSU game, he said something about how their fans would be coming up in droves, that they are renting a building next to the Dome (?) for a huge tailgate, and that they had been checking out all the local hotels. Glad I already got my reservations. Have any of you locals heard anything about this?

Heard the same interview with Sala. Wonder what building it is and is it available for SU fans to tailgate at. If not, why not?

Yep, heard it. Their allotment is already sold.

Heard the same interview with Sala. Wonder what building it is and is it available for SU fans to tailgate at. If not, why not?

The old law school?

northacuse said:
The old law school?

Must be an indoor party and not a real tailgate.

IHeartSUFball said:
any idea how many tic they sold?

Don't know what their allotment was.

It was bad in the Grob area when a very vocal percentage of fans was from PSU. The dome became a very unfriendly home field advantage that day

- It'd be really bad, if all the way from Louisiana we had that experience

- But enough about the fans. lets worry about Leonard Fournette and their D

I was only half listening, but they did an interview with the acting AD at halftime. When asked about the LSU game, he said something about how their fans would be coming up in droves, that they are renting a building next to the Dome (?) for a huge tailgate, and that they had been checking out all the local hotels. Glad I already got my reservations.

Good weather in late September, and the wineries are just beginning their busy season.

Also, a football game is scheduled.

Bayou_House_by_macmankev.jpg

How do they afford tickets?

I was in New Orleans a few years back...actually the same weekend of the infamous Toledo game, i think...and when I was flying back home on Sunday early afternoon, there were a ton of LSU fans coming in from, if memory serves me right, without looking it up, West Virginia. And this was in NO and not Baton Rouge. Must have been 2 plane fulls that I saw.

rrlbees said:

SU fans don't care to tailgate in the 100 other places they could.

Can't verify this but I do know that Clemson fans were at the dome and parking lots in major droves a couple of years ago.

I was on a flight to New Orleans the week of the LSU-Alabama game in Baton Rouge, and it was packed with LSU fans. A bunch of them near me were talking about their Syracuse travel plans, what hotel they were staying at, where they were tailgating, etc. That fanbase is no joke

When Syracuse played Texas A&M in Jacksonville in a 1st round game in the NCAA tournament, (GMAC's last game) I was on a shuttle to the arena with a bunch of LSU fans, since they played in the other game. I found them friendly and welcoming. I can't speak for all of the LSU fans but these were nice people.

I'm looking forward to their fans. Last year I stayed at the Double Tree hotel for the FSU game. Turns out that the Seminoles were staying there as well as the Penn State hockey team. I went to the bar with my SU polo shirt on and everyone was in either maroon or blue. Their fans were great and I didn't have to buy a drink for two nights.

Guess where I'm staying for the LSU weekend? ;)

This has a chance to be like the 1998 Syracuse-Tennessee game. I was kid and remember traveling 260 miles for this game and being shocked at how many Tennessee fans there were in the Dome. LSU will probably have 2-4k fans in the stadium. I missed the 08 Penn State game for wedding and heard that crowd was half PSU fans.

I think it is also Family Weekend so hopefully parents can add to the SU side of things.

This has a chance to be like the 1998 Syracuse-Tennessee game. I was kid and remember traveling 260 miles for this game and being shocked at how many Tennessee fans there were in the Dome. LSU will probably have 2-4k fans in the stadium. I missed the 08 Penn State game for wedding and heard that crowd was half PSU fans.
I was at that Penn State game and, yes, their fans filled the seats.

Their fans were nice for the most part. The most humiliating thing was their older fans who remember when the OrangeMEN were good would say how sorry they were that our program went down the crapper.

Odds are that quite a few LSU fans will buy tickets through resellers like Stubhub, so expect to see a lot more than just the ticket allotment show up. As in, thousands more.

In September of 2008 - just months after the financial meltdown started - about 18,000 made the trip to Washington for the game against the Huskies.

I wouldn't expect that many to visit Syracuse but I do think you'll be surprised at just how many do make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom