LSU | Syracusefan.com

LSU

ascalice

Walk On
We played a well fought game at the Dome last season and have a road game there on 2017, but is there any chance we renew the home and home series with them. Bringing LSU up to Syracuse brought a lot of media coverage to the area. Any chance we renew that home and home series?

Nope. Rumors that LSU and Alabama are having home and homes with ND in the future.

You see, our school is special, in that we don't schedule years in advance, for reasons that boggle the mind. LSU's dancebook is gonna be solid for a while.

LSU only plays one OOC P5 team a year.

They can't squeeze us in until 2025-2026, or 2029-30 at the earliest.

God no. Why schedule a Top 5 powerhouse like that. Schedule teams we can beat. Pad some wins on our schedule for a few years and build this thing back up.

Smoke and mirrors. Fool the gullible.

Looking forward to the game in Baton Rouge. The offense should be functional by then.
I can see Babers' boys gaining Miles and Miles of yards.
We will play LSU just as our guys approach the point of everything clicking, per HCDB. That said, our guys will know how the offense works and LSU will be a great game. Assuming Miles is still on the sidelines, he will have an excellent ground game a but may not have the elite passing game. I can't wait to see this game. Hoping to attend in person.

As for future schedules, playing them H&H every decade or two would be enough. We aren't conference foes and have no regional rivalry to build on. Still, a good football town, great location, and even a loss puts you outside NOLA by an hour or so, so forgetting a loss is made easier. Celebrations are only that much better!

Regarding big name schools on the schedule, Syracuse should play one OOC against a traditional power annually. Having FSU and Clemson annually with a few others from the Coastal side and ND every three years is a decent schedule but avoiding playing the big names OOC is tasteless, boring and Rutgeresque. With the Babers system, we should expect to be able to play with anyone.

LSU only plays one OOC P5 team a year.

They can't squeeze us in until 2025-2026, or 2029-30 at the earliest.

Again, rumors are ND is taking two of those years. Probably 2025-26

Why schedule a Top 5 powerhouse like that. Schedule teams we can beat. Pad some wins on our schedule for a few years and build this thing back up.

No offense, but this mindset is just depressing. We're a proud program and there's no reason we can't play one showcase non-conference game each season. We had LSU on the ropes last year.

No offense, but this mindset is just depressing. We're a proud program and there's no reason we can't play one showcase non-conference game each season. We had LSU on the ropes last year.
We are a lackluster program currently and we need to build it up first. We already have Clemson and FSU on our schedule who are light years ahead of us talent wise year in and year out and we have trouble just keeping games close vs them. Now you want to add LSU? You can't start each year off 0-3 by playing 3 powerhouses. We aren't on that level and wont be soon.

We play showcase games each year. Clemson and FSU. No need to add a 3rd.

We will be good again, no doubt...someday. But why make it tougher on yourself as we begin that climb by adding LSU to your schedule? You get no kudos or brownie points for losing tough fought games to good teams. What does happen though is you get laughed at when you can't qualify for a bowl when damn near every school in the NCAA gets into a bowl cause there are so many of them these days.

We play enough tough teams. Clemson, FSU, L'ville...throw in VT and Miami occasionally. For where we are as a program we are good. SU gets tested, its ok to throw in some cupcakes to go along with the Pitt, BC, WF and others on our level.

We can be a proud program...just be a smart one too!

We are a lackluster program currently and we need to build it up first. We already have Clemson and FSU on our schedule who are light years ahead of us talent wise year in and year out and we have trouble just keeping games close vs them. Now you want to add LSU? You can't start each year off 0-3 by playing 3 powerhouses. We aren't on that level and wont be soon.

We will be good again, no doubt...someday. But why make it tougher on yourself as we begin that climb by adding LSU to your schedule? You get no kudos or brownie points for losing tough fought games to good teams. What does happen though is you get laughed at when you can't qualify for a bowl when damn near every school in the NCAA gets into a bowl cause there are so many of them these days.

We play enough tough teams. Clemson, FSU, L'ville...throw in VT and Miami occasionally. For where we are as a program we are good. SU gets tested, its ok to throw in some cupcakes to go along with the Pitt, BC, WF and others on our level.

Totally agree. Yeah, it was a moral victory to play some top-caliber teams close this past season, but moral victories doesn't get you into a bowl game. Real victories do.

But at the end of the day, college football is entertainment. The opportunity to welcome LSU and their electric fanbase into the Dome last year was amazing. You would really rather pass that up so that we have a slightly better chance of playing in the St. Petersburg Bowl against East Carolina which 5K SU fans will attend?

I'm just chomping at the bit to travel to Baton Rouge in 2017. It's a bucket list item for me.

But at the end of the day, college football is entertainment. The opportunity to welcome LSU and their electric fanbase into the Dome last year was amazing. You would really rather pass that up so that we have a slightly better chance of playing in the St. Petersburg Bowl against East Carolina which 5K SU fans will attend?

I'm just chomping at the bit to travel to Baton Rouge in 2017. It's a bucket list item for me.
But then we all complain and want the coach fired after 5 win seasons. Let's establish a base to build on and then dip our toe in the deep end

But then we all complain and want the coach fired after 5 win seasons. Let's establish a base to build on and then dip our toe in the deep end

We scheduled the home and home with LSU after the 2013 season after which we won 3 bowl games out of the prior 4 seasons.

You would really rather pass that up so that we have a slightly better chance of playing in the St. Petersburg Bowl against East Carolina which 5K SU fans will attend.
Right now, yes. Telling recruits we played in a bowl game is very important. More important, IMO, than playing LSU or any other P5 power, especially since we have played them recently. Let's get back to where we should be before we go scheduling LSU again. Not that they have any room on their schedule anyway...

Right now, yes. Telling recruits we played in a bowl game is very important. More important, IMO, than playing LSU or any other P5 power, especially since we have played them recently. Let's get back to where we should be before we go scheduling LSU again. Not that they have any room on their schedule anyway...
This is basically the comment i was typing. Do I want to play LSU? Heck ya, but I don't want to be the national laughing stock anymore. Pad the wins, build a base

Where is there a guaranteed win against a P5 team? You can't play Kansas and Purdue every year.
Beyond them I don't see any pushovers. Who wants Syracuse football to be to be thought of in that category.

I (and many others) are not entertained when we lose.

And yeah I would rather be at 6 wins and in the St. Petersburgh bowl than only have 3 or 4 wins but saying in late December and January, but we played LSU tough and lost, oh boy. Which only about 1% of the population inside Onondaga county cares about

Where is there a guaranteed win against a P5 team? You can't play Kansas and Purdue every year.
Beyond them I don't see any pushovers. Who wants Syracuse football to be to be thought of in that category.
Who says it has to be a P5 team?

We are in the ACC now, we play enough good teams. Clemson, FSU, L'Ville, Pitt every year. Throw in from the other side a UNC, GT, VT, Miami rotating in and out on a given year...the schedule is tough!!

I want to be thought of as a winning program, this "macho pride" some of you have of wanting to schedule every tough team hoping we pull out a miracle when there is a 99.9% chance we lose and it does nothing good for the program at all. Give me an OOC schedule of the likes of Florida Atlantic, Charlotte, Colgate and such every year and I am fine with it. Guarantee us 6 wins every year and then hope we get better and sneak into the 8 or 9 win category as we grow it in the years to come

This is basically the comment i was typing. Do I want to play LSU? Heck ya, but I don't want to be the national laughing stock anymore. Pad the wins, build a base

Why can't you do both, play a team like Lsu, which gives your fans a huge buzz, and makes your team better, and play some cupcakes to pad the wins, you don't want to be Rutgers.

Who says it has to be a P5 team?

We are in the ACC now, we play enough good teams. Clemson, FSU, L'Ville, Pitt every year. Throw in from the other side a UNC, GT, VT, Miami rotating in and out on a given year...the schedule is tough!!

I want to be thought of as a winning program, this "macho pride" some of you have of wanting to schedule every tough team hoping we pull out a miracle when there is a 99.9% chance we lose and it does nothing good for the program at all. Give me an OOC schedule of the likes of Florida Atlantic, Charlotte, Colgate and such every year and I am fine with it. Guarantee us 6 wins every year and then hope we get better and sneak into the 8 or 9 win category as we grow it in the years to come
You have to schedule 1 P5 team , that is the accepted format for every team in a P5 conference. If you hon't want to be in the P5 , you can schedule whomever you like.

Why can't you do both, play a team like Lsu, which gives your fans a huge buzz, and makes your team better, and play some cupcakes to pad the wins, you don't want to be Rutgers.
For the time being I want to be exactly like Rutgers. We need wins. I'm tired of seeing 5000 people in dome at kick off because of the apathetic fan base. It doesn't matter who you beat because the conference schedule is so difficult. Just don't schedule the Lsu's of the world

Proud? is that the feeling when the team runs out to 5000 people at the start of every game.

Proud? is that the feeling when the team runs out to 5000 people at the start of every game.

Do you really think that fans are so easy to fool. SU gets no
credit for whipping sw state. Real wins will attract real fans.
You really think recruits are impressed that we played in
the Bush Bean bowl on 12/24. Maybe they would be more
interested in seeing how they stack up against the best competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom