luke hancock | Syracusefan.com

luke hancock

Yeah, he's certainly a guy that I hate when he's on a rival team but would love to have on my squad. Love the fire, love his motivation of teammates in the offseason. We need someone to become that guy on the team.

Yeah, he's certainly a guy that I hate when he's on a rival team but would love to have on my squad. Love the fire, love his motivation of teammates in the offseason. We need someone to become that guy on the team.

For some reason, I have liked him since the BET.

I also loved the fact that he was 1 of the only players to be able to help out Kevin Ware (not their fault, not everyone is made for that).

He came up HUGE in a big game and saved his team. That's what it takes to win the thing.

Guy played great when it counted. Have to tip your hat to him.

For some reason, I have liked him since the BET.

I also loved the fact that he was 1 of the only players to be able to help out Kevin Ware (not their fault, not everyone is made for that).

Agreed. And while I'm not really a religious person, I think his prayer is what helped Ware stabilize his own emotions (even if he didn't pray along - it was the thought and process of calming Ware down) that led him to mobilize his teammates to action to win that game.

Gained a lot of respect for Hancock since the game in the Dome where he tore us up. I figured he was going to be this year's Marra or Kuric who would barely ever show up again, but he was one of their best players down the stretch this year. It's too bad Rick discovered him against us, but it wouldn't be a game against Louisville if it worked out any other way.

I've thought he was a little bitch pretty much all season long, because he drives me nuts when he turns and complains to the refs after every single play.

That said, I've reluctantly gained a lot of respect for him in the wake of the Ware injury and how he reacted, and now learning more about the situation with his dad. As others have mentioned, I feel like if he played for us, he'd be the most popular player among our fanbase.

He reminds me of a toned down version of Devo. Devo was a conflicted personality off the court where it seems Hancock is a stand up guy. Loved Devo to death but as we all know he was hated religiously by our opponents. I grew to respect him as well just in how he plays. Early in the year he seemed really just a slow spot up shooter. Once Pitino seemed to give him the green light more to play his game he showed he has a real crafty element to his game. Also a very smart player.

I would have settled for half of this performance to be able to use the name big game James. Kudos to a deserving guy.

if james stepped up in the final 4 the way hancock did we're cutting down the nets.

if james stepped up in the final 4 the way hancock did we're cutting down the nets.

And if JS didn't shoot out of his mind in the BET, SU would have gotten a lower seed and possibly lost its 1st round game in the NCAA.

Hancock immediately attending to Ware, combined with his play in the FF, is the stuff legends are made of, at the very least for the fans of Louisville. And, deservedly so.

Hancock seems like a great kid, too.

More power to him.