L'vlle won by scoring 45 points | Syracusefan.com

L'vlle won by scoring 45 points

Total.
Against a (bad) mid major.

It's not uncommon for teams to on occasion play more toward the level of their competition, in my experience. I do agree, however, that things like this give us something to be hopeful about.

Total.
Against a (bad) mid major.

Actually, Cleveland St. returns almost everybody and I believe was predicted to win the Horizon League. They are far from bad. Still, 45 points from Louisville is probably the shock of the season to date for me.

Actually, Cleveland St. returns almost everybody and I believe was predicted to win the Horizon League. They are far from bad. Still, 45 points from Louisville is probably the shock of the season to date for me.
I don't care what conf they're picked to win, a good team doesn't lose to savanah st. and look at their numbers coming into L'vlle - they've been HORRIBLE on defense - and L'vlle could only muster 45 on them??

I don't care what conf they're picked to win, a good team doesn't lose to savanah st. and look at their numbers coming into L'vlle - they've been HORRIBLE on defense - and L'vlle could only muster 45 on them??

Hence my last sentence about it being a shock regarding the 45 points.

Well I don't feel as bad now about our loss to Cal now. Seems so many teams are struggling these days. Seeing 'Ville, Kansas and other teams struggle on offense it isn't looking so bad. Florida just lost another game, UNC lost, UConn lost few days ago, Michigan just recently lost.

If only we could hit some jump shots and make free throws we might be able to make another big run. Remember, back in 03 we lost to Memphis as soon as the season started. Maybe being unranked will show these guys how hard they really need to put in some work.

Edit: And even Zona is struggling. If San Diego St wasn't worse than us at Free Throws they would have beat Zona in Maui haha

Last edited:
Well UofL shot 32 pct for the game and only 3 for 20 or 15 pct from 3 in this game at home. So I guess that means there's much hope for Cuse too.

Hmmm. Cleveland State. I think I recall Syracuse having played them a few years back.

Hmmm. Cleveland State. I think I recall Syracuse having played them a few years back.

I guess you aren't trying to rack up the likes with that post! But Happy Thanksgiving anyway. I enjoy your posts - most of the time! :)

I guess you aren't trying to rack up the likes with that post! But Happy Thanksgiving anyway. I enjoy your posts - most of the time! :)
Yes that thought crossed my mind when I posted it. I remember when that happened and the complete and utter meltdown which ensued. That shot was the Ennis shot with an additional 30 ft. added on for good measure. That was a good Syracuse team that they beat . Cleveland State has a solid program.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Last edited:
Cleveland State plays everyone tough. They almost won at Kentucky last year. The old Rutgers coach does a good job. Huge mistake that they ever got rid of him. He's by far better than anyone that has replaced him.

losing to cal is not as bad of losing to cal and cooney was experienced almost 40 minutes and Patterson and Johnson not nearly as much

point of this thread wasn't that cleve st played l'vlle tough, point is a consensus top-10 team scored 45 total points against a team that had just given up 89 to Savanah St

point of this thread wasn't that cleve st played l'vlle tough, point is a consensus top-10 team scored 45 total points against a team that had just given up 89 to Savanah St
Some of us got it. Good thing you posted before the holiday binging begins...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom