Lydon on sanctions | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on sanctions

cuseguy

Living Legend
"The coaches said they could be in a lot of trouble or something minor might happen"

Comforting.

http://syracuse.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./story/1473799

Ambiguous.

He did say he was told "They will be punished" so they know that they have done something wrong for sure IMO. He also said "They seem OK with it." so perhaps they don't feel the punishment will be that bad in the end.

Well, I think that, just like everyone on this board, they really don't know. Could be a lot, could be a little. Exactly what most of us here think. Contrary to many other recent posts, no one really knows.

I just can't wait for it to not be over the schools head and that being said I hope they don't cut off the schools head. Hopefully the school has already been proactive about the "issues" and fixed them so they don't happen again.

when do we get info? Is this an open or a closed mtg? What day is it schedualed? Feels like I am waiting in an emergency room.

Here's what I think will happen. The basketball team will vacate the wins where Fab Melo played during the 2nd semester. We will lose 1-2 scholarships for a few years. We will be put on probation for 3 years where our programs will have enhanced monitoring by the NCAA to ensure we are complying with additional procedures and safeguards that we will agree to put in place.

The football team will vacate the 1 win from GRob's 1st season.

I have absolutely NO inside information whatsoever, so take this all with a grain of salt.

Here's what I think will happen. The basketball team will vacate the wins where Fab Melo played during the 2nd semester. We will lose 1-2 scholarships for a few years. We will be put on probation for 3 years where our programs will have enhanced monitoring by the NCAA to ensure we are complying with additional procedures and safeguards that we will agree to put in place.

The football team will vacate the 1 win from GRob's 1st season.

I have absolutely NO inside information whatsoever, so take this all with a grain of salt.
309hflu.jpg

Please. Let's not make this one more thread of guessing games.

If they pull 1-2 scholarships for multiple years while the UNC athletic program is allowed to exist, there will be major legal action. I'm not kidding. That would be a travesty.

I can see the vacating of wins for Fab, out of post season for a year, but anything lingering beyond a year, maybe two, is overkill. We have had two kids with grade problems in the last 10 years, and, ironically enough, both were right after Bernie was run out of town. Weed? Please. Weed is on all college campuses and I'm sure provided wholesale in the UK basketball house. The other off the court stuff with Rick, Scoop and Jonny? There were NO CHARGES. The University JRB even cleared them. The NCAA knows better? Doubt it.

If they hit us for more than Fab's grades and some unreported flunked drug tests, I'll be shocked. BTW, kids who flunked drug tests didn't play and were suspended. Just look back and see who didn't travel with the team. Enough people up there have already been sacrificed to right the wrongs, and all under the NCAA's watch. Guess we'll know soon enough about what the Great Pumpkin will bring us this year.

If they pull 1-2 scholarships for multiple years while the UNC athletic program is allowed to exist, there will be major legal action. I'm not kidding. That would be a travesty.

I can see the vacating of wins for Fab, out of post season for a year, but anything lingering beyond a year, maybe two, is overkill. We have had two kids with grade problems in the last 10 years, and, ironically enough, both were right after Bernie was run out of town. Weed? Please. Weed is on all college campuses and I'm sure provided wholesale in the UK basketball house. The other off the court stuff with Rick, Scoop and Jonny? There were NO CHARGES. The University JRB even cleared them. The NCAA knows better? Doubt it.

If they hit us for more than Fab's grades and some unreported flunked drug tests, I'll be shocked. BTW, kids who flunked drug tests didn't play and were suspended. Just look back and see who didn't travel with the team. Enough people up there have already been sacrificed to right the wrongs, and all under the NCAA's watch. Guess we'll know soon enough about what the Great Pumpkin will bring us this year.

+ 1000

Only thing, Remember least 30 days to 60 days maximum after the hearing (Maybe Longer depending on Appeals and such) So could be looking at anywhere from late November to Late December or longer until we truly know our fate.

Hopefully the start of the exhibition and then shortly after regular season, will get people and posters on this board focused on this years basketball team, and the overkill of coverage from Syracuse.com/Post Standard, and the threads regarding the situation and the posts full of speculation will die down for a bit.

they have a 4 year statue of limitations on infractions so they can't go back to the rape case so if anything its on Fab and Dirty unless there is more we do not know about?

they have a 4 year statue of limitations on infractions so they can't go back to the rape case so if anything its on Fab and Dirty unless there is more we do not know about?

And people have already been axed because of those two. Plus, it's not like SU tried to cover either one of those situations up. They suspended each one and even let the NCAA take their sweet ass time with Dirty's case.

cuseguy said:
That's really nailing down a prediction. I will get up tomorrow somewhere between 5 and 10 a.m.
Also Trevor Ariza? Wha?????

Great post. Agree 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom