Macky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Macky

When I first saw him on the Louisiana Tech sideline. I was thinking he could be SU head coach one day. Im Happy Mackey and Backey.

He'd be our version of Pat Fitzgerald.
great comparison. Lets hope Macky develops the knowledge and experience needed. He's been around football all his life. That should help. lol I hope he completely learns this offense. Maybe one day he can co coordinate then go from there.

great comparison. Lets hope Macky develops the knowledge and experience needed. He's been around football all his life. That should help. lol I hope he completely learns this offense. Maybe one day he can co coordinate then go from there.
He needs to be in an accelerated development path because if Dino wins here in the P5 , Cuse won't be able to compete with money that will be waved around. Just a fact.

CousCuse said:
He needs to be in an accelerated development path because if Dino wins here in the P5 , Cuse won't be able to compete with money that will be waved around. Just a fact.

I don't think that's a fact at all.

Wait are we talking about making Macky a head coach? He just got a job as a GA.

I think there's a lot of the current staff that would be in line far before Macky if the job opened up...

We're just on fast forward today. Heck the basketball board is already figuring out how Andrew White fits into the rotation.

CousCuse said:
If he wins 8 games in the next or 2, he will be offered 5-6 million .

And? He leaves? None of that is "a fact"... That might happen, might not.

He's said he wanted a place to stay. We know a lot of coaches have said that and the bolted, but I think there are too many "what ifs" to call anything a sure thing. Enjoy the ride.

Who the f is going to offer a coach who won 8 games once in two years $5-$6 million? Only 7 coaches are paid $5 mil or over. Most of the schools who have the ability to dish out that cash already have excellent coaches wrapped up for years to come. Dino is 54, no top school will dish out that kind of money for what they see as a stopgap. For instance, Mike Riley only makes $2.7 mil at Nebraska. As soon as Scott Frost proves himself Nebraska will dump Riley.

So long as SU is doing the offering, not an issue. If SU is not willing to pay FMV for a winning coach, then we will be in perpetual frustration. However, the University seems to be investing in many things and in the new football staff. I think if Babers wins, he earns a raise and the school will follow through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom