Mahoney 70% | Syracusefan.com

Mahoney 70%

They should retroactively give him a scholarship for all years hes been here.

I think if you ask anyone of his performance today they would be impressed and at the same time we all had the right to be frustrated with his throws against FSU.
Kid has a huge heart and I love his effort.

Put in perspective for a guy who can't pass, 2nd most completions in 1 game, 2nd most yards, and 2nd most attempts, and tied for most TD passes in 1 game, Ryan had 5 in 2010 against Maine.

at 43/61 with 5 TD passes, and he ran for 49 yards and 2 TDs. Cut the kid some slack. This is his 3rd start after replacing Dungey. Two weeks ago Pitt beat Clemson in Death Valley and shut out Clemson's offense in the 4th quarter.
He was great. Biggest overacheiver I've ever seen. One bad mistake but he threw a thousand times

Last edited:
great for next year. and maybe starting 3 games accelerated his growth too. a few bad throws in a pretty good day for him.

A guy that is a gamer, and can actually play through a season. Where are the posters saying trash about Mahoney fans now?

Took a few big hits too. That last roughing the passer call was a cheap shot at the knees. But since it wasn't at the head, there was no ejection.
Yup. Pitt DE was furious he was called offsides on the previous play when he thought our OT jumped & has his mind made up pre-snap that he was going to hit Mahoney no matter how late it was. Props to Narduzzi for recognizing that & removing him.

He had some big runs today as well. Felt great for the kid, seemed like he began to believe in himself in this game. Must be tough to be #2 - would be great if he continued turning in performances like today when called upon.