Mail a first rounder | Syracusefan.com

Mail a first rounder

Next man up!
That's cute, but this would mean yet another season of flying under the radar. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but short of a FF, nothing beats high expectations and hype heading into a season. How quickly we forget most of last winter was underwhelming until those 2 weeks in March. It would be nice to be an alpha dog again with targets on our back.

Amazing that so-called Draft analyst Chad Ford doesn't even realize that only 30 players are taken in the 1st round of the NBA draft!

Since when is #35 the first round?
I haven't seen the list, but from what others have said, several prospects in these lists have not declared and/or will pull out before the deadline. Sounds like Ford is operating on that basis.

What a POS headline. Since when is 31-35 a first round pick. Seriously screw you and your click bait Brent Axe.
What a POS article. If mal is top 30 he would be a first round pick this analyst is saying no such thing.

"While Richardson did not make Ford's mock draft, he was projected by Ford as a late first-round pick in his Top 100 rankings."

Since when is #35 the first round?

I cant access ESPN from work - but I assume the context is that "late 1st round" is the ceiling.

A lot can change with the combine, but I dont think Mali leaves is he is "late 1st round" as the CEILING

Brent's really pushing this Mal to NBA more than anyone. I know he doesn't write titles, but he's pushing it, that's for sure.

Where is he in his top 100?

Givony updated his draft today as well...still 78th fwiw..

Will be interesting to see if that assessment roughly equates to the info he'll be getting from the NBA evaluation committee. Even if he is substantially higher, it doesn't project comfortably to first round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom