Major League Baseball CBA... | Syracusefan.com

Major League Baseball CBA...

They got rid of the All Star Game winner getting World Series home field advantage also. Thank goodness. Stupidest thing ever!

I was okay with that. Changing it either way is just motion dressed up as action. But the expanded rosters in September are bull . It extends games already too long by another half-hour.

I was okay with that. Changing it either way is just motion dressed up as action. But the expanded rosters in September are bull . It extends games already too long by another half-hour.
showalter wants the expanded rosters for april and not September.

radical, but very smart idea.

Just give it to the team with the best record like they do in every other sport.

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN
Hadn't seen this from CBA: Clubs can no longer recall a player from option before expiration of 10 days if player’s MiLB season has ended.

In other words, no more optioning a player to A-ball because the season ends in four days there.

They got rid of the All Star Game winner getting World Series home field advantage also. Thank goodness. Stupidest thing ever!

Finally! The premise of it meaning something was comical.

Now this game matters... BUT we will ensure all the best players are pulled in the first 4 innings, and the game at the end will be decided by the worst players on the team. And by the way, the game will be played 36 man rosters instead of 25. But the game is real.. and it matters!

It's made worse if you are a Yankees fan. I think Girardi's dream would be to have the starter go 5 innings, have 9 relievers go the next 3 innings getting one out each, and then bring it to the closer.

Baseball can't do best record because the WS is so full of corporate sponsors MLB needs months to book hotels for those cities.
They are likely just going to rotate it year by year like they used too.

Baseball can't do best record because the WS is so full of corporate sponsors MLB needs months to book hotels for those cities.
They are likely just going to rotate it year by year like they used too.

You do have an idea of what teams are going to be in the Ws, how come the Nba doesn't have a problem with it?

You do have an idea of what teams are going to be in the Ws, how come the Nba doesn't have a problem with it?
NBA Finals aren't as full of corporate sponsors as the World Series is.
MLB makes the RSVPs for the WS after the ASG. It doesn't want to do for all those contingencies they want to have a plan. If they go best record that is tons of work and multiple possibilities.

NBA Finals aren't as full of corporate sponsors as the World Series is.
MLB makes the RSVPs for the WS after the ASG. It doesn't want to do for all those contingencies they want to have a plan. If they go best record that is tons of work and multiple possibilities.

The hotels can't set aside a few rooms for Mlb, I have heard the hotel rooms thing before, I think its kind of a reach.

The hotels can't set aside a few rooms for Mlb, I have heard the hotel rooms thing before, I think its kind of a reach.
It is the truth. Why do you think before 2003 it always rotated by year. MLB isn't going to do best record. It puts a lot of work and scenarios for the MLB travel secretary. MLB George Contanza isn't doing all that work.

It is the truth. Why do you think before 2003 it always rotated by year. MLB isn't going to do best record. It puts a lot of work and scenarios for the MLB travel secretary. MLB George Contanza isn't doing all that work.

They still don't know what city the Ws is going to be in until a few days before.

They still don't know what city the Ws is going to be in until a few days before.
They can know games 1,2,6,7 are going to be in 4-5 spots not 10.
Games 3-5 are easier to book as well.
Making it Best record requires a lot more work.

They can know games 1,2,6,7 are going to be in 4-5 spots not 10.
Games 3-5 are easier to book as well.
Making it Best record requires a lot more work.

Aren't they doing it by best record now?

I think historically they alternated because there was no interleague play until 1997, so there really was no way of knowing for sure if a 95 win team in the AL was better than a 95 win NL team or whatever.

Aren't they doing it by best record now?

I think historically they alternated because there was no interleague play until 1997, so there really was no way of knowing for sure if a 95 win team in the AL was better than a 95 win NL team or whatever.
Since 2003 HFA has been decided at the all star game.
Which has allowed the bookers to schedule hotels for 1.,2,6,7 for the winning league teams and 3-5 for the losing league.
Record only matters within each league.
Best record overall isn't going to determine HFA for the WS.

Since 2003 HFA has been decided at the all star game.
Which has allowed the bookers to schedule hotels for 1.,2,6,7 for the winning league teams and 3-5 for the losing league.
Record only matters within each league.
Best record overall isn't going to determine HFA for the WS.

That went out with the new CBA.

That went out with the new CBA.
I understand that I was talking about MLB did from 2003-2016.
The ASG winner determined where MLB had to get preparations for booking space for the WS.
Before 2003 HFA rotated between leagues preseason. Until from 1903-1994 the
NL had HFA in odd years and the AL had HFA in even years.
From 1995-2002 it flipped because of the strike.

I understand that I was talking about MLB did from 2003-2016.
The ASG winner determined where MLB had to get preparations for booking space for the WS.
Before 2003 HFA rotated between leagues preseason. Until from 1903-1994 the
NL had HFA in odd years and the AL had HFA in even years.
From 1995-2002 it flipped because of the strike.

I understand that. And I'm saying they are now determining it by the team with the better record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom