mal biggest shot of game | Syracusefan.com

mal biggest shot of game

Yes, more onions for Mal. However, Lydon once again passed up two open looks from deep around the 14 and 13 minute mark in the second half which resulted in bad shots, missed shots or turnovers later in the play. He MUST take those shots; he's a freakin' 50% 3-pt shooter. Either of those shots made would have put SU in the lead in this back-and-forth game where every shot counts. Cuse could never get comfortable because it never had a two-possession cushion. And we won't even talk about those missed bonus FTs! A very uncomfortable win that didn't have to go that way.-VBOF
And PS: Good end-game coaching and use of the clock and time outs by JB (the biggest difference with him coaching vs Hop). This could easily have been a loss.

Who passed it to him?
broken-record.jpg

Yes, more onions for Mal. However, Lydon once again passed up two open looks from deep around the 14 and 13 minute mark in the second half which resulted in bad shots, missed shots or turnovers later in the play. He MUST take those shots; he's a freakin' 50% 3-pt shooter. Either of those shots made would have put SU in the lead in this back-and-forth game where every shot counts. Cuse could never get comfortable because it never had a two-possession cushion. And we won't even talk about those missed bonus FTs! A very uncomfortable win that didn't have to go that way.-VBOF
And PS: Good end-game coaching and use of the clock and time outs by JB (the biggest difference with him coaching vs Hop). This could easily have been a loss.
Yes on Lydon. And he took a nuch tougher shot on one of those posessions after passing up a wide open 3. JB was pissed

was just thinking about this, and... I actually feel like maybe Mal's and-1 where he finished with his left hand was even a bigger shot - but yeah both the 3 and the and-1 were enormous. What a player

was just thinking about this, and... I actually feel like maybe Mal's and-1 where he finished with his left hand was even a bigger shot - but yeah both the 3 and the and-1 were enormous. What a player
I agree he is a very key player for us, but if Cooney had missed all those free throws, he would have been stoned on this board.

Malachi was "demonstrative" on some of those possessions in the second half. It looked to me like it was getting under Cooney's skin at least when he was charged with bringing up the ball. Richardson was literally doing jumping jacks to get his attention on one possession.

Malachi was "demonstrative" on some of those possessions in the second half. It looked to me like it was getting under Cooney's skin at least when he was charged with bringing up the ball. Richardson was literally doing jumping jacks to get his attention on one possession.
I saw that too. Mal was doing the "gimmie the ball" full body dance.

Noticed that and thought the same,,,

Yeah Cooney completely ignored him when we was doing the ball dance.

Those two baskets were both huge - we seemed to be stuck in the mud at times on offense yesterday. Those were definitely big shots. Gotta hit them free throws though!

Speaking of free throws...Roberson is barely hitting rim on FTs of late. Odd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom