Malachi invited to sit in the Green Room... | Syracusefan.com

Malachi invited to sit in the Green Room...

Dave85

Living Legend
"The NBA has expanded its guest list to the Green Room at its draft, and Syracuse's Malachi Richardson is among the elite.

After earlier reports on The Vertical stating the league had invited just 14 players to be in its Green Room, a source told syracuse.com that Richardson is among four additional players to receive an invitation. The source did not know the names of the other three players.

Richardson was not among the initial 14 players who were invited to be in the Green Room, which is the main staging area for players and their families.

He is currently projected to be a first-round pick in Thursday's draft. Many mock drafts have him going in the Top 20. He has worked out for several teams with lottery picks."

Source: Syracuse's Malachi Richardson invited to NBA draft

But how good could we be next year if he came back

I was invited to the Suns private draft party but can not attend. I will be pretty upset if they select him. I did respond with my rsvp that if the Suns pick one of the Syracuse players I would like the opportunity to personally welcome them to Phoenix on behalf of our local Syracuse alumni club. We will see what happens.

Why would you be upset? His overall percentage was low because he forced a lot of shots due to both poor shot selection and playing on an offensively challenged team, but the potential is there.

Boy it's almost as if he's expected to be a high pick or something
Watch that he gets picked fourth and then gets labelled a bum because he doesn't live up to that number. Like we never saw that before.

Watch that he gets picked fourth and then gets labelled a bum because he doesn't live up to that number. Like we never saw that before.

Does that mean he finds a role as a solid rotation player on a conference finals team by year four?

Why would you be upset? His overall percentage was low because he forced a lot of shots due to both poor shot selection and playing on an offensively challenged team, but the potential is there.
Upset that I will not be at the draft party when they select him. That would have been cool.

I guess a lot of people are enamored of the idea of finding the next Clay Thompson.
Best of luck to Mal. Hope he represents us well.

Any bets on whether he goes Classy or Flashy/Tacky with the choice of suit?

I guess a lot of people are enamored of the idea of finding the next Clay Thompson.
Best of luck to Mal. Hope he represents us well.

Any bets on whether he goes Classy or Flashy/Tacky with the choice of suit?

He played in these, so I'm leaning towards flashy.

Cd2TZtIXIAIEZoe.jpg