Mali...back or not poll | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Mali...back or not poll

Just my opinion here, but if I'm a GM picking in the back end of the 1st round, why not take a kid that has the talent to potentially be a lottery pick the next year. Makes sense to me, rather than waste a pick on a kid that doesn't have that kind of upside. Put him on your d league roster and develop him as you see fit.

If you're Mali, why wouldn't you want to take that opportunity. I know there is a money difference, but, that's his concern - not mine.

As a Cuse fan, of course I'd love to see him back. On the other hand, I hope he gets to league and blows up and makes every team upset they passed on him in the early part of the draft.

I would guess that if teams thought he was potentially a lottery pick next year, he would potentially be a lottery pick this year. I think the issue is right now he's about where they think he should be at any given point, and he can play his way up over the next year or two (as could a bunch of other kids). It's mostly a guess at the back end of the draft - and if you have a kid that you think could contribute right away, or sooner, or require less development, and it fits your needs, you probably go for that.

If drafting a SG that's closer to "game ready" gives you leverage for a contract negotiation, maybe that's more valuable than a "what if this kid maybe pans out" in a year or two kind of pick.

Not sure if that makes any sense...

My guess: He stays in the draft, and as a result, everyone assumes he must have a promise. He's just setting the stage to improve the perception around him when he hires an agent.
Interesting. You think he's some sort of master schemer, others believe he's an impetuous kid who long ago decided to go pro to spite his critics, and some think he will go through the evaluation period, then sit down with those he trusts and make a reasoned decision.

I think he is telling the truth but I think he is worth a gamble late in the 1st round. Just my opinion. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think he is telling the truth but I think he is worth a gamble late in the 1st round. Just my opinion. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
problem is there are about 50 kids worth a gamble late in the first round. why leave it to chance.

why would a team guarantee him anything? at where hes likely to be picked these teams have no idea if someone they like better might slip to them.

Done its offical.

What, exactly, is "official" about that?

Answer - absolutely nothing.

Did he sign with an agent yet? Did the deadline pass yet?
When one of those things happen, THEN it is official.

What, exactly, is "official" about that?

Answer - absolutely nothing.

Did he sign with an agent yet? Did the deadline pass yet?
When one of those things happen, THEN it is official.
You're right and I'm wrong

I don't think he is coming back. My vote is no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom