Mali gone? | Syracusefan.com

Mali gone?

jr4750

All American
let's stop worrying about it. We move on and will survive. Hope he does well!

*Moderators feel free to edit the title here, many are upset with the word "official," as of 6:08pm 5/13 :)

Last edited:
I wish him luck, and am a big fan of his. I'm happy that we can all stop speculating about this.

I would think it's only actually official when he either hires an agent or May 25th passes and he hasn't withdrawn his name, no? This just seems like more talk, like how he said earlier that he needed a first round guarantee to stay.

I would think it's only actually official when he either hires an agent or May 25th passes and he hasn't withdrawn his name, no? This just seems like more talk, like how he said earlier that he needed a first round guarantee to stay.
Not sure how this counts as official.
Really? Dude ain't coming back. He's decided, who cares when he signs with an agent. He's officially announced it. Move on time

Really? Dude ain't coming back. He's decided, who cares when he signs with an agent. He's officially announced it. Move on time

Thats not officially gone, I never said he was coming back, you said he was officially gone.

Nonsense! He is only mostly gone.
hqdefault.jpg

It's his decision and I hope he does well! That being said, it could be reminding me of Omar cook in a few years. Crossing fingers it doesn't .

It's his decision and I hope he does well! That being it could be reminding me of Omar cook in a few years. Crossing fingers it doesn't .

This could be Omar Cook all over again, sad.

thats not what he said.

he hasnt officially announced it FYI.

Amazing how we never catch a godamn break with these. Its almost comical

It really is.

Would be nice to have one of these guys return. With Mali, we would have been a top 10 caliber team next year, wire-to-wire. Now? Still a pretty good team, but one with lots of question marks. Tough to replace top three scorers and entire group of ball handlers from a team.

eh, I'm usually quick to jump on the "why do all our good players leave after 1 year" wagon - but our best player, who probably would have been a lottery pick this year, didn't even sniff the draft... so at least for this time around, I think we faired much better than what could've been

It really is.

Would be nice to have one of these guys return. With Mali, we would have been a top 10 caliber team next year, wire-to-wire. Now? Still a pretty good team, but one with lots of question marks. Tough to replace top three scorers and entire group of ball handlers from a team.

Would Lydon count or no? I know he was rated higher than Malachi at least by some people. I don't know, this one is definitely a bummer.

I wouldn't say this if "official" but you're blind if you don't see where this is going to end up.

eh, I'm usually quick to jump on the "why do all our good players leave after 1 year" wagon - but our best player, who probably would have been a lottery pick this year, didn't even sniff the draft... so at least for this time around, I think we faired much better than what could've been

True, but we lose yet another guy who has no business leaving, we could have had both of them next year.

Crazy ridiculous that Kansas gets more value from just Wayne Selden than we did with Ennis, McCullough, and Richardson combined...

• Ennis had to go because his stock would never have been as high (IMO)
  • CM was gone because the dude just had a poor person outlook and didnt see long term. I hope it works out for him. But I got all I needed when I saw he and his fiance's all white maternity pics at like a KMart photographer station. He seemed to be like Ronnie from the Jersey shore - DOesnt matter if you only have cents in the bank account as long as you look fresh to death.
  • Mali perplexes me the most. I hope this works out for him. But I just dont understand him going pro. I just dont see it in his game.

Marsh01 said:

Lydon is considered a higher ranked prospect than MR and he's back. Is that a break?

Regarding early entries, I don't feel like we're any worse off than other programs on our level. 4 and 5 star guys who perform well tend not to use all of their eligibility, regardless of what school they play for

Not sure why people keep saying this, we could have lost Lydon as well who probably is a better player to have going forward than Mal.

He's better defensively and more efficient offensively. We're void one shooter, but it's still Free Agent season.

People just have to chill for a bit and let the coaches re-load.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom