Mali gone? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Mali gone?

I mean, are we just pushing making the final four under the rug?
To be fair, he didn't Play very well in the tournament except for the Dayton game and the last 10 minutes of the UVA game.

Gillon
Battle
Lydon
Roberson
Coleman

Frank
Chukwu
Moyer

Eight players total, half of which have seen zero minutes of game action in a Syracuse uniform.

I mean, were not going to be awful, but that's crazy.
Can't wait!

To be fair, he didn't Play very well in the tournament except for the Dayton game and the last 10 minutes of the UVA game.
Feels like moving goal posts.

He was good against UNC too. Very uneven tournament though, no question. But the UVA run was one of the more amazing stretches a guy can possibly have in the tournament. That was so good that barely anyone will even remember how bad he was in the previous 2 games.

Gillon
Battle
Lydon
Roberson
Coleman

Frank
Chukwu
Moyer

Eight players total, half of which have seen zero minutes of game action in a Syracuse uniform.

I mean, were not going to be awful, but that's crazy.

If you look at it that way. But one of those players is a 5th year college player with a ton of experience, and the other is a 3rd year player with at least a little experience.

I see Battle as the key to the whole thing. He's the stud recruit...if he's ready to be really good next year, we'll be in great shape. If he's not quite there yet, we will struggle.

If you look at it that way. But one of those players is a 5th year college player with a ton of experience, and the other is a 3rd year player with at least a little experience.

I see Battle as the key to the whole thing. He's the stud recruit...if he's ready to be really good next year, we'll be in great shape. If he's not quite there yet, we will struggle.

I think Gilon is a great pickup, and I'm existed to see what Battle can do.

In reality, you know what the biggest loss from last years team will be? The leadership, defense, and experience of G and TC at the top of the zone.
"Senior Guards" is usually the key to a deep NCAA run precisely for that reason. Used to be you had to have the Al McGuire "Aircraft Carrier" but now it is a guards game.

I know you're sticking by it. You've said it enough time because you're taking it personal and are looking at it in a selfish manner and could care less about the kid and what he wants or what nba teams are telling him. you'd as soon prefer he bombed at the combine.

Brian was one of those fans who was laughing as hard as Deniro in the cape fear movie theater on draft night 2008 when Donte almost fell out of the first round

Brian was one of those fans who was laughing as hard as Deniro in the cape fear movie theater on draft night 2008 when Donte almost fell out of the first round

No I wasn't, but did he make the right decision?

Yep...no guarantee he would've even been picked after his overrated shooting was exposed.

which is a sad statement about the NBA talent evaluation. Gotta get out early and trick at least one GM into drafting you.

And while we say that, Moyer just may come in and become this year Lydon. Actually great time to be a fan, we are working the new landscape well.

Where and how often does Moyer play? He's not a 2.

Where and how often does Moyer play? He's not a 2.
As a wing, As a 4. There will be enough opportunity. Lydon didnt start out getting 30mpg.

He was good against UNC too. Very uneven tournament though, no question. But the UVA run was one of the more amazing stretches a guy can possibly have in the tournament. That was so good that barely anyone will even remember how bad he was in the previous 2 games.
I simply don't get it. ESPN has him drafted 13th. This is a player that many SU fans doubted would be very good as a Freshman -- inconsistent shooter. He had a VERY up and down season, looking very good at times and pitiful at other times. I see him being a player in the D League next year. Simply does not have the game to compete in the NBA in the near future in my opinion. I wish him nothing but the best and I hope he proves me wrong.

I simply don't get it. ESPN has him drafted 13th. This is a player that many SU fans doubted would be very good as a Freshman -- inconsistent shooter. He had a VERY up and down season, looking very good at times and pitiful at other times. I see him being a player in the D League next year. Simply does not have the game to compete in the NBA in the near future in my opinion. I wish him nothing but the best and I hope he proves me wrong.

NBA drafts on potential. Mal did a masterful job raising his draft stock during the combine. His performance during the UVA elite 8 game is very compelling.

It's funny, I nearly wrote the identical thing about him after the regular season and literally got attacked by every person on this board.

two3zone said:
It's funny, I nearly wrote the identical thing about him after the regular season and literally got attacked by every person on this board.
That's cause you're both wrong ;)

Last edited:
I didn't realize ESPN had a team. If they don't have a team they can't draft people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom