Class of 2018 - PG Malik Zachery (NY) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Malik Zachery (NY)

CuseRaised

Walk On

Malik Zachery is a 6'0 PG from Syracuse. I noticed he was at the Syracuse Elite Camp in August at 14 years old, as well as the Chris Paul Camp in North Carolina. The young man recently came back from an unofficial visit to Penn State and rumor has it that he has an up and coming visit to Boston College. I found that there were pictures of his visit to Penn State on Twitter. https://twitter.com/TeamSwerve3 and https://twitter.com/MalikGOHAMZach
Heard he plays AAU basketball and trains with Billy Edelin.

Here is a video of the Syracuse 9th grader Malik Zachery. Has footage of a visit to Penn State.

Here is a video of the Syracuse 9th grader Malik Zachery. Has footage of a visit to Penn State.

I figured the Penn State visit footage would just be him going around campus trying to see if anyone knew where the basketball facilities were - or if they even had a basketball team.

I saw that Malik Zachery made the top 20 game at the Super Soph camp and is listed as a top performer for the camp. Here is a video from the camp of top performers. I read that he is picking up interests from a bunch of major schools. Liked this kids game for awhile now. Very mature player.

I love the fact that I can open the basketball recruiting page and the top two threads are for players in 2016 and 2017 respectively. It is comforting to know that when it comes down to the end of the recruiting cycle we already have most if all of our 2015s locked up.

This was on Twitter of him playing in the men's King of Kings professional summer basketball league in Utica. I think Demerious Nicholas plays in this league among many others. It is him, Brandon Triche, as well as him with Billy Edelin. He looks like he is getting bigger and stronger too.

Dean Francis@OttoWorld365 · 8s
SU
, Kansas, GW, Ohio St, MTSU, Binghamton, and Canisius have all shown interest in 2017 PG Malik Zachery.

Well that sure is a broad spectrum of schools - if that's the right way to put it

I just watched this video from the top 24 camp where I heard Jordan Tucker was at. It appears Malik played really well. Very smart reads with the big guys in this one. I'm really liking the decision making. Would love to see a full list of names at this camp.

I just watched this video from the top 24 camp where I heard Jordan Tucker was at. It appears Malik played really well. Very smart reads with the big guys in this one. I'm really liking the decision making. Would love to see a full list of names at this camp.

I known these are mostly half-court 2 on 2 drills but this kid looks like he will be the real deal as a PG. Running the show getting guys involved but also being able to get his own. Pretty impressive for his age. I really hope that he is a priority for us in 2017. Have we officially offered him?

I known these are mostly half-court 2 on 2 drills but this kid looks like he will be the real deal as a PG. Running the show getting guys involved but also being able to get his own. Pretty impressive for his age. I really hope that he is a priority for us in 2017. Have we officially offered him?
No offer yet but the staff will monitor his progress throughout the upcoming season.