Class of 2018 - PG Malik Zachery (NY) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Malik Zachery (NY)

Some good stuff of Zachery here on his latest highlight video. For whatever reason the staff didn't invite him to Midnight Madness to join the other 2017 kids, which I find extremely disappointing since he's in their backyard. Instead of complaining he told me he'll just continue to work as hard as he can to hopefully one day earn that offer from SU. I'm rooting for him.

Some good stuff of Zachery here on his latest highlight video. For whatever reason the staff didn't invite him to Midnight Madness to join the other 2017 kids, which I find extremely disappointing since he's in their backyard. Instead of complaining he told me he'll just continue to work as hard as he can to hopefully one day earn that offer from SU. I'm rooting for him.

That sounds like the type of attitude I love in a player. After hearing that, I am rooting for him as well.

AWMKY. Doing the thing that he does and doing it like a boss. :) Thanks for this batch today and all, bud.
tumblr_mokxmajtYs1qgcra2o1_500.gif

AWMKY. Doing the thing that he does and doing it like a boss. :) Thanks for this batch today and all, bud.
tumblr_mokxmajtYs1qgcra2o1_500.gif

I'm glad to have you back too, G! I'm guessing you weren't away as long as it seemed to me, but it's good to have you back regardless. Things got a lil tense on occasion on the the basketball side, and I had a feeling when you returned it would restore some degree of order and balance in the universe. ;)

I'm glad to have you back too, G! I'm guessing you weren't away as long as it seemed to me, but it's good to have you back regardless. Things got a lil tense on occasion on the the basketball side, and I had a feeling when you returned it would restore some degree of order and balance in the universe. ;)
Yeah, kinda why I left. The "faith" in this team by some folk. :rolleyes:
Mantonio showed me the light and I miss this place. I knew my hiatus wouldn't last long.
and_you_know_this_man-39482.gif

Yeah, kinda why I left. The "faith" in this team by some folk. :rolleyes:
Mantonio showed me the light and I miss this place. I knew my hiatus wouldn't last long.
and_you_know_this_man-39482.gif

You know, it was likely I would have started a whatever happened to tee thread before too long!

And kudos to Mantonio! Ive always had a good feeling about that guy: I am Fantonio.

Zachery led his team in scoring with 16pts and 7ast earning team MVP honors in a 65-61 loss in his season debut.
So Francis, is he starting to look more and more like a high level D1 recruit? As in, will this be our next backyard recruit that we HAVE to lock up?

I'm hoping he does blow up, and we keep him, because he gave Otto's Grove a shout out in one of his hoops diary entries over the summer.

So Francis, is he starting to look more and more like a high level D1 recruit? As in, will this be our next backyard recruit that we HAVE to lock up?

I'm hoping he does blow up, and we keep him, because he gave Otto's Grove a shout out in one of his hoops diary entries over the summer.
Still too early to tell and today was only his first game of the season. So we'll see how he progresses. I know the staff is going to monitor him throughout the season. The local comp isn't great but he plays for the Albany City Rock in AAU, who plays against the best comp nationally on the Nike circuit in the spring/summer. I'm hoping that he can find a good prep situation to transfer to next year and boost his game, comp, and profile. I hope he blows up as well because he's really a nice kid and it'll be cool to see a local baller accomplish his dream by playing at SU.

Saw that...hmm...247, maybe?...said they projected him as a mid major prospect, but I think they're mistaken. Looks like a kid who could become a very solid high D1 player.

Averaging 16.5 ppg so far...four made three pointers in four games (2, 1, 1, 0 in the four games).

Nice work for a sophomore.

And here's another post, because I decided to whip up something for OG with my thoughts after watching that video and reading up on his first four games of the year: http://.com/hometown-hero-checking-in-on-malik-zachery/

Dean Francis@OttosWorld365 · 13m13 minutes ago
2017 PG Malik Zachery leads Nottingham with 17pts, 6ast, and 5stls in a 81-54 win against Section 3 #2 ranked Liverpool.

Malik hasn't played in the 4th qtr of his last two games due to blowouts. If he plays those meaningless minutes then his stat line would look even more better than it is already.