Class of 2016 - PG/SG Markelle Fultz (MD) Verballed to Washington | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG/SG Markelle Fultz (MD) Verballed to Washington

Amazing band on that track...Waddy Wachtel on guitar, John McVie on bass and Mick Fleetwood on drums. Zevon is criminally underrated. Arguably one of the top 3 omissions from the Rock Hall of Shame.

iommi said:
Amazing band on that track...Waddy Wachtel on guitar, John McVie on bass and Mick Fleetwood on drums. Zevon is criminally underrated. Arguably one of the top 3 omissions from the Rock Hall of Shame.
totally agree. Had no idea fleetwood/mcvie played with him

Latest mix of Fultz from the Under Armour event this past weekend. He actually went head to head against Trevon Duval and led his team to an OT win.

We too late here even if we would show interest?

We too late here even if we would show interest?
Ohio St just offered a few weeks ago and he's already interested in visiting there. I think he would consider us if we started to show some interest but who knows if we ever will show him any love.

Latest mix of Fultz from the Under Armour event this past weekend. He actually went head to head against Trevon Duval and led his team to an OT win.

Thanks Francis.

Fultz, Duval, Murray, Gilbert, Lonnie Wilson - all guards with well developed offensive skill sets (good shooters, handle, and can get to the rim). Give me 1 or 2 of these guys.

Ohio St just offered a few weeks ago and he's already interested in visiting there. I think he would consider us if we started to show some interest but who knows if we ever will show him any love.

I really think we missed the boat here. I really like this kids game. I will probably be in the minority here but I like his game a lot more than Huerter.

Wow, that is a huge jump, isn't it?
I think he had him at 34 previously. I expect Rivals and Scouthoops to add him into the five star club as well once they update their rankings next month.

I think he had him at 34 previously. I expect Rivals and Scouthoops to add him into the five star club as well once they update their rankings next month.
That is great. But, it doesn't look like we are going to get involved with him, right? He is a pure 2G?

That is great. But, it doesn't look like we are going to get involved with him, right? He is a pure 2G?
He's a combo that wants to run PG in college. Staff missing the boat big time by not at least recruiting him. Not sure if he's better than Simmons but definitely better than the other options we're looking at.

Last edited:
He's playing in the Mary Kline tomorrow; I assume someone from our staff will be there. Last year Nick Resavy attended. Maybe they'll give him an offer tomorrow?:noidea:

Francis03 said:
He's a combo that wants run PG in college. Staff missing the boat big time by not at least recruiting him. Not sure if he's better than Simmons but definitely better than the other options we're looking at.

Yeah, I would have to agree. It is at least worthwhile to gauge his interest as long as his grades are in order.

He's playing in the Mary Kline tomorrow; I assume someone from our staff will be there. Last year Nick Resavy attended. Maybe they'll give him an offer tomorrow?:noidea:
Coaches can only attend games after the season in April and July. I guess Resavy not being officially an assistant allowed him that privilege to attend last year.

Coaches can only attend games after the season in April and July. I guess Resavy not being officially an assistant allowed him that privilege to attend last year.

I'm actually not even sure he was still on the staff. I spoke to him and he was talking as if he was still on the staff but it wasn't long after the MKC he announced he was taking the job with the Nets in the video department.

There were coaches there last year from other teams. I was sitting next to a top assistant from Fordham and there were others there as well.:noidea:

I'm actually not even sure he was still on the staff. I spoke to him and he was talking as if he was still on the staff but it wasn't long after the MKC he announced he was taking the job with the Nets in the video department.

There were coaches there last year from other teams. I was sitting next to a top assistant from Fordham and there were others there as well.:noidea:
Only exception a coaching staff member can have to attend a non live period event in the spring/summer is if their kid is in the event. Calipari for example was able to attend the Nike EYBL last weekend because his son was on one of the teams. JB will be able to do the same for his kids.

The past 6 months have really been a unpleasant ride as a Cuse hoops fan. It just seems like a litany of disturbing and disappointing news. I'm hoping that the staff has some type of coherent plan with respect to recruiting that will provide us with some encouraging news in the next several months. But to the more than casual observer it seems like we have been swinging at pitches which have not been hittable. Cuse recruiting had really moved to a level that we hadn't seen in several decades and now it appears that the program is in some kind of quarantine.

With the departure of BJ and Buss it looked like there would be room to bring in talent which could make a difference. Right now BJ is looking like a commodity we could be better off to still have on board. Has the staff been victimized by putting all it's eggs in one basket? Did they or do they have a contingency plan now that some of our top targets which once seemed like such sure things have decided to go elsewhere? Jake posted that we may have some surprises in store this coming summer. God, I sure hope so.

Seeing many here questioning why we haven't offered kids like Fultz and some others has the red light flashing brightly. Is there some plan in place moving forward or are we really whiffing that bad and asleep in the folding chairs like the above picture depicts?

The past 6 months have really been a unpleasant ride as a Cuse hoops fan. It just seems like a litany of disturbing and disappointing news. I'm hoping that the staff has some type of coherent plan with respect to recruiting that will provide us with some encouraging news in the next several months. But to the more than casual observer it seems like we have been swinging at pitches which have not been hittable. Cuse recruiting had really moved to a level that we hadn't seen in several decades and now it appears that the program is in some kind of quarantine.

With the departure of BJ and Buss it looked like there would be room to bring in talent which could make a difference. Right now BJ is looking like a commodity we could be better off to still have on board. Has the staff been victimized by putting all it's eggs in one basket? Did they or do they have a contingency plan now that some of our top targets which once seemed like such sure things have decided to go elsewhere? Jake posted that we may have some surprises in store this coming summer. God, I sure hope so.

Seeing many here questioning why we haven't offered kids like Fultz and some others has the red light flashing brightly. Is there some plan in place moving forward or are we really whiffing that bad and asleep in the folding chairs like the above picture depicts?
We'll eventually get good players like we always do. I think the biggest problem for the staff to handle at the moment is dealing with the negative recruiting by others and the perception of the program. We're in the mix for a bunch of top 50 players in the 16-17 classes and several notable five stars. I wouldn't go in full panic mode until we really strike out on a bunch of other targets besides Battle.

We'll eventually get good players like we always do. I think the biggest problem for the staff to handle at the moment is dealing with the negative recruiting by others and the perception of the program. We're in the mix for a bunch of top 50 players in the 16-17 classes and several notable five stars. I wouldn't go in full panic mode until we really strike out on a bunch of other targets besides Battle.
It also has to be tough moving forward in dealing with 5 star guys, because how do you tell a guy like Duval, "Don't worry, we are getting Simmons, but he is a one and done and you will have his spot." When it is possible that Simmons ends up staying for more than one year. With ten spots, there are no extras.

It also has to be tough moving forward in dealing with 5 star guys, because how do you tell a guy like Duval, "Don't worry, we are getting Simmons, but he is a one and done and you will have his spot." When it is possible that Simmons ends up staying for more than one year. With ten spots, there are no extras.
Yup, the scholarship debacle is a major obstacle as well when it comes to figuring out the numbers for the present and future.

That's not true. Plenty of spots left for Duval as TR, DC2 and Chino would be gone by then. http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/syracuse
No matter what guards are there, they still have to compete for pt no matter how highly tauted.