Marquez Hodge Commits! | Syracusefan.com

Marquez Hodge Commits!

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Hodge is a 6-foot-1, 210 lbs LB from Miami Central. That program produces immense talent and has been a power in South Florida for a while

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Sorry, the correct spelling of SU's newest commit is Marqez Hodge. Sleeper pick up for the Orange staff, identifying talent before most.

Strange that there would be a sleeper at such a high powered school. You'd figure they'd all be picked over at this point.

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Hodge is a 6-foot-1, 210 lbs LB from Miami Central. That program produces immense talent and has been a power in South Florida for a while
ESPN lists him as 5'11" 198. Hope that he is a little bigger than that.

Perhaps a package deal?

Devonte Duclos also a LB from Miami Central is listed here with Marquis as a SU commit. Some highlights from his YouTube tape.
nice find. Tweet it to Garcia so he can do the legwork!

Based on the link to the stats - he either did not play much last year or he did not do much. 2 or 3 tackles a game. Meanwhile teammate Errol Clark was sacking the QB every game multiple times. This one appears to be a huge reach.

@SUonRivals
New SU commitment Marqez Hodge is ready to help SU recruit and he already has targets in mind.

He had 9 tackles all of last year and either did not play or had zero tackles in 8 games.

So lets find out all of the information before labeling him a reach. Also in case you haven't paid attention we have brought in many under the radar players under Marrone.

Devante Duclos played at Hialeah last year and looks pretty nasty. Hope we got a committment from him as well.

Hodge will be a safety -- he will also blow up this season ... Miami Central is big time

So because these kids are from Miami they will automatically blow up and be great under the radar pick ups? The same two kids playing up north would not be under the radar - they'd be off the radar. And by now DM should not be still be taking complete fliers on under the radar kids.

He had 9 tackles all of last year and either did not play or had zero tackles in 8 games.

I think your info is wrong:

http://sportstrac.herald.com/SportsTrac.aspx?action=playerpage&playerid=32627&sportsid=5

20 Solos
27 Assisted

1 Sack
1 Forced fumble

Miami Central won the state championship in 2010 and lost to Armwood in the 2011 title. So this kid has been a part of two 6A State Championship teams; and 47 tackles looks like he was a big part of the defense. Sounds good to me.

Hodge will be a safety -- he will also blow up this season ... Miami Central is big time

Exactly. I trust the staff's ability to judge talent especially this early in the game offering. Give me kids from a program like Miami Central any day (athletically that is); hopefully they can qualify academically now assuming these commits hold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom