Marquez Hodge Commits! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Marquez Hodge Commits!

This is a prime example of why you can't completely trust recruiting sites. This kid has multiple BCS offers out of a big time high school, yet he isn't listed in anybody's data base.

syracuse would have to now self report that as an infraction.

seriously the person responsible should be fired. it's fkin 101. The message board yahoos (who dont know anything) all know this rule.

As long as there is no intent and SU corrects the mistake straightaway then it's nothing. Not even Yahoo.com would mention this in an effort to stir up controversy...actually maybe Yahoo would stoop that low. ESPN? Nah. No way. Right? I don't know. The point is no intent. It's nothing more than a clerical error as long as SU applies the whiteout in a timely manner.

Let's say he had 40 tackles or 20 -- is that really a concern? I mean, granted we all love to see some dude with outrageous stats but it's not like Marrone and Co. would have missed the fact that the kid didn't have a ton of tackles. And if he's playing at a 6A powerhouse in Fla. can we even compare his stats to Recruit X playing somewhere in montgomery county in MD or Long Island, etc.? People making judgments based on internet reported height/weight/speed and/or high school stats that may not even be accurate is laughable.
Agreed...also this team would beat the best team in NY State last year about 42-7.

This is a prime example of why you can't completely trust recruiting sites. This kid has multiple BCS offers out of a big time high school, yet he isn't listed in anybody's data base.

I predict he'll be a 3 star within a few weeks off his programs interested in him. SU seems to have a slight uptick in quality this year...let's hope it picks up more steam...I really want to see a handful of 4 stars and one or two 5 stars.

Remember when people used to non-ironically type "WE NEED FLORIDA SPEED" in all caps all the time? Or was that Syracuse.com?

Setting someone up nicely here for a bath salts zombie joke.

FYI Good Counsel is in Montgomery County MD maybe not the best example but I see what your getting t

Don't they send 3+ kids to D1 pretty much every year? I think they have 2 committed to UMD and another 4/5 star DB committed to Clemson? already this year.

Remember when people used to non-ironically type "WE NEED FLORIDA SPEED" in all caps all the time? Or was that Syracuse.com?

Setting someone up nicely here for a bath salts zombie joke.

I wonder if we could use that for recruiting? I understand Miami(fl) is an attractive school but at Syracuse you won't have to worry about being eaten by zombies.

If you think about it, it's a no brainer... brrrraaaaiiins BRAAAAAINS!!!

Ain't much.....

1gijci.St.56.jpg

It's amazing the hate Syracuse.com posters have for this kid...
no it's not - just a bunch of trolls over there, many of whom aren't even SU fans and just want to crap all over anything that has to o with the program. nope - not surprising at all...

My guess is he ends up as a solid 3 star player. Unless he completely blows up.

My brother is a mid level D-1 baseball prospect, and the first thing a ball coach will tell you is that stats do not factor much into anything. The major things are your highlight tapes, how you fit into the system, your attitude/work ethic, your reputation amongst solid sources in your area, and your performances at showcases and camps. Outside of the highlight tape the public does not see any of those things. Why do you think there have been plenty of All Americans that were 2 stars and plenty of 5 stars that never even start? I've got a buddy that went to high school there and the word is this kid an absolute player.

My brother is a mid level D-1 baseball prospect, and the first thing a ball coach will tell you is that stats do not factor much into anything. The major things are your highlight tapes, how you fit into the system, your attitude/work ethic, your reputation amongst solid sources in your area, and your performances at showcases and camps. Outside of the highlight tape the public does not see any of those things. Why do you think there have been plenty of All Americans that were 2 stars and plenty of 5 stars that never even start? I've got a buddy that went to high school there and the word is this kid an absolute player.
Exactly. Our staff does not look at other offers, star ratings or anything else. They evaluate the tape and how the player will fit into our system, as well as character and potential. This is why a lot of kids are offered first by our staff and why a lot of kids blow up soon after we evaluate and others leech off our work (err... Rutgers under GS, cough.)

Worth noting this is the same HS. Eskridge and Vigile went to.
Best part about this in my mind is Eskridge and Vigile both went to school there and presumably were in his ear. Speaks well for Marrone and the Program imo.

Next time any of you talk to a college scout ask them about the hair on the legs rule. I was cracking up when I first heard it

Would love to see % of 5 stars who never start as compared to 2stars who are all Americans.

Two pet peeves of mine. The next time I read that a commit is 'going all out to recruit for us', I will fwow up. What's he gonna do? Tell classmates not to come here?

Also, the comment about how this 'proves that the staff is great at identifying under-the-radar types'. When 'under the radar' turns into 'over the moon', I'll pay attention. Maybe.

I dunno. Seems like mindless recruiting jargonese to me. Plus, I'm in a bad mood. No reason. Just am.

Two pet peeves of mine. The next time I read that a commit is 'going all out to recruit for us', I will fwow up. What's he gonna do? Tell classmates not to come here?

Also, the comment about how this 'proves that the staff is great at identifying under-the-radar types'. When 'under the radar' turns into 'over the moon', I'll pay attention. Maybe.

I dunno. Seems like mindless recruiting jargonese to me. Plus, I'm in a bad mood. No reason. Just am.
Some of our recruits this season have actually asked the staff for phone numbers to recruit other prospects. That's what they mean by going "all out to recruit for us"

What position is this player going to play this year? What are some of his attributes?

What position is this player going to play this year? What are some of his attributes?

Kid is a beast. Has a good chance to start at the MIKE. For his position speed is probably his best attribute, and that is just what Shafer wants with his LBers. From everything i have seen he is a quick, hard hitting, attacking, high IQ LBer. Not red shirting last year and getting a pretty decent amount of PT over some older guys should really tell you what the staff feels about him. He is one of my favorite players, and expect him to win the starting MIKE job. He should have a big season.

Sounds good to me. It seems like all our Lbs are fast (I'm no expert) Kid is from Miami so I have high hopes for him. How tall is he really? Is it football season yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom