Marrone In Line for Saints' HC Gig? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone In Line for Saints' HC Gig?

the quitter has a great agent.

but lets be clear...he will never get another HC job.

the quitter has a great agent.

but lets be clear...he will never get another HC job.

I dunno. First, this appears to be a year of retreads so far, some with even less tread left on the tires than Marrone.

Second, and never to be underestimated, 'The Greater Fool Theory'. It only takes one, and there are some pretty clueless owners out there.

I can see GMs interviewing him, but I can't see anyone having the guts to sell him to an owner unless he is the only choice e.g. Jags.

Well Sean Payton is staying in New Orleans since he just fired his staff...lol

Doug is out on that job. No way Doug gets the Denver or Rams job in my opinion. I am thinking Jax or SD are his best options

Kinda surprised that McDaniels sees SF as his dream job. Wonder if they'll pick a coach before they replace Baalke. That ALWAYS works. Not.

Agree on Denver and the Rams. Elway's too smart, and LA is looking for more sizzle to sell the team to a disinterested populace.

Kinda surprised that McDaniels sees SF as his dream job. Wonder if they'll pick a coach before they replace Baalke. That ALWAYS works. Not.

Agree on Denver and the Rams. Elway's too smart, and LA is looking for more sizzle to sell the team to a disinterested populace.

And the RUMOR is San Diego wants a defensive minded head coach and to keep the offense mostly as is. So that isn't good for Doug either. I would think Doug is in line to get an offensive coordinator position though this time around if he doesn't land a head coaching job

Updated Guess how the head coaching jobs play out...

Denver: Vance Joseph
Jax: Kyle Shannhan
San Diego: Matt Patricia
LA Rams: Sean McVay (don't feel confident about that though)
SF: Josh McDaniels
Buffalo: NO FRIGGIN CLUE but probably Anthony Lynn or Teryl Austin

Interestingly, I heard the local weekly interview with Chris Mortensen on Friday in he stated that St. Doug is the most qualified of all of the candidates according to the execs that he has spoken to.

Maybe Sean takes him back?

Interestingly, I heard the local weekly interview with Chris Mortensen on Friday in he stated that St. Doug is the most qualified of all of the candidates according to the execs that he has spoken to.

Maybe Sean takes him back?
Pegulas and Kaiser must still have a fatwa out for him. Imagine the humiliation if he won a Superbowl.

Doug Marrone in LA would be awful.

New Orleans would be great for him. Or the Titans if they were dumb enough to do something.

Agree, DM in LA is oil and water.

Updated Guess how the head coaching jobs play out...

Denver: Vance Joseph
Jax: Kyle Shannhan
San Diego: Matt Patricia
LA Rams: Sean McVay (don't feel confident about that though)
SF: Josh McDaniels
Buffalo: NO FRIGGIN CLUE but probably Anthony Lynn or Teryl Austin
Don't expect Patricia to leave NE this year.

Don't expect Patricia to leave NE this year.

You turn down enough jobs eventually people stop asking you. If offered anything he better take it

You turn down enough jobs eventually people stop asking you. If offered anything he better take it
Why take a terrible job when the best case is you get fired in 3 years? Patricia's in a good spot right now, doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to. Just like Caserio.

Why take a terrible job when the best case is you get fired in 3 years? Patricia's in a good spot right now, doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to. Just like Caserio.

Most head coaching openings are TERRIBLE JOBS!! lol. Not often a good team like Denver is in the market for a head coach. Most of the openings are on teams that stink!! Plus, SD has a solid offense...the defense just needs to be fixed.

If you are waiting for the perfect opening you might be waiting around forever. And if you just interview and turn down job after job, eventually teams stop calling you.

I've concluded that "dream job" is coach-speak for dreaming about the buckets of money he'll get.

I still think he gets the Jacksonville job when its all said and done...they need an offensive guy to develop and help Bortles, A-Rob, Lee and Yeldon

Anything? A guy who only started getting HC interest in the past 6 months? No, that'd be colossally stupid.

He's a young guy, it pays to be choosy.

That you're saying people will stop asking in a thread devoted to the rumors about a coach who willingly walked away from a HC gig 2 years ago is delicious.

Good for Doug. He got his 2nd chance, he better not screw this one up...lol

Probably best fit for him at this point, he's already there, small market, less media than most NFL teams although obviously still going to have to deal with it Easiest division in football, only bad part is he has to play against his bud BOB at Houston twice a year. I am sure Hackett will be his OC again.

Predict a lifetime of 7-9 wins for Jville under Saint Doug nothing horrible but nothing all that great either. Like I said, good fit for Marrone. 9 wins may very well win the division which would make Doug a Saint once again

Probably best fit for him at this point, he's already there, small market, less media than most NFL teams although obviously still going to have to deal with it Easiest division in football, only bad part is he has to play against his bud BOB at Houston twice a year. I am sure Hackett will be his OC again.

Predict a lifetime of 7-9 wins for Jville under Saint Doug nothing horrible but nothing all that great either. Like I said, good fit for Marrone. 9 wins may very well win the division which would make Doug a Saint once again
He has never had the support of management, Tom will have his back now. Playoff games next year in Jacksonville.