Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

Good for him. Worked out exactly as I expected it to when he took the AHC job there.

Draft Dalvin Cooke and I think they could be a top 12 team in the AFC next year.
Yeldon is a better RB at this time, Dalvin wouldn't make a big impact year one.

please allow myself to congratulate ..myself

from four years ago

Maybe Marrone's commitment to SU should've been questioned all along

"if marrone takes that job, he'll end up like mike mularkey. we all know what he does when he feels like his teams are less talented. he'll turtle up and punt like it's his job. the bills fans and media will make him return to thinking of Syracuse as an idyllic wonderland. then he'll pray some other awful joke of a franchise like jacksonville has to settle for him"

please allow myself to congratulate ..myself

from four years ago

Maybe Marrone's commitment to SU should've been questioned all along

"if marrone takes that job, he'll end up like mike mularkey. we all know what he does when he feels like his teams are less talented. he'll turtle up and punt like it's his job. the bills fans and media will make him return to thinking of Syracuse as an idyllic wonderland. then he'll pray some other awful joke of a franchise like jacksonville has to settle for him"

You have my condolences on this news

You have my condolences on this news
Nah it's fun. Makes the bills yearly game against them more interesting.

I've always said that if Mularkey gets another chance, anyone can.

Low bar there works out for him. He can get them to .500 and people will be impressed

Nah it's fun. Makes the bills yearly game against them more interesting.

I've always said that if Mularkey gets another chance, anyone can.

Low bar there works out for him. He can get them to .500 and people will be impressed

Yeah St. Doug will work his mediocrity miracle again, and then find some way to bail on the job before it's complete.

Yeldon is a better RB at this time, Dalvin wouldn't make a big impact year one.
Still, immediately a better offense with Marrone at the helm and they have a lot of young talent on D. Excited to see what Doug can do.

Bills organization is a mess. I just think JAX has been a mess on the field but seems relatively stable in the offices.

Still, immediately a better offense with Marrone at the helm and they have a lot of young talent on D. Excited to see what Doug can do.
probably right. maybe bortles is ready to make a jump. if marrone is comfortable with the qb and can relax, he can do well

KaiserUEO
Douglas is a HC again.
I am stunned.

Forgetting the quitter stuff, which made for great copy and I'm bummed I couldn't get longer out of it, so much fun...why would they do that??

They fired their guy with 2 games to go...to make an internal hire???!!

Their offense sucked!!! He was a big part of the offense!! Not The biggest because...HE CANT CALL PLAYS!!!!

He must've been undermining his boss something fierce, a real chickenshit tattling to the owner. Wow.

Just wow.

probably right. maybe bortles is ready to make a jump. if marrone is comfortable with the qb and can relax, he can do well

Tend to agree, Doug will get them to 8-9 wins I would imagine. Hopefully, he is comfortable in JVille already knowing the players as well and doesn't need to be a complete paranoid touch hole like he was most of the time in Buffalo

I am stunned.

Forgetting the quitter stuff, which made for great copy and I'm bummed I couldn't get longer out of it, so much fun...why would they do that??

They fired their guy with 2 games to go...to make an internal hire???!!

Their offense sucked!!! He was a big part of the offense!! Not The biggest because...HE CANT CALL PLAYS!!!!

He must've been undermining his boss something fierce, a real chickenshit tattling to the owner. Wow.

Just wow.
We have a conflict. Your hero fat Mike on the Fan is high on Marrone. He says the people in the league are high on Marrone. You must be torn at the seems over this.

Gus Bradley was a bad HC. Marrone prepared them better the last 2 games and it just showed on the field how they weren't down 2 scores in the first quarter in either game. The Jags were the worst first quarter team in the NFL under Bradley.

They are stuck with Bortles but I think Douglas can easily double their win total next year.

How the Bills have behaved in the Pegula Era had to help Marrone. They kept the GM out of the loop when they fired Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley's post season PC was cringe worthy.
Those episodes had to give Marrone some cover as to why he left a HC gig to become a AHC.

How the Bills have behaved in the Pegula Era had to help Marrone. They kept the GM out of the loop when they fired Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley's post season PC was cringe worthy.
Those episodes had to give Marrone some cover as to why he left a HC gig to become a AHC.
Well, that would be the case if he wasn't trying to double dip and take the Jets job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom