Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

Is Tom Coughlin's executive position in Jax going to be like Pat Riley's once upon a time in Miami? Working upstairs until the opportunity presents itself to take over the head coach in gig?

If Douglas gets Chip Kelly they would be stupid not to try and get Tyrod Taylor no matter what they have said about Bortles.

Oh, this could be magical.

You mean it's honestly being considered having a head coach with high control needs turn the keys to his offense over to a person that has achieved a higher level of success as a head coach that also happened to have a particularly unique way of running his offense?

MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN

It would make sense for Chip for going to Jacksonville so when McElwain leaves Florida or Jimbo leaves Florida State he is already in the area.

I don't think Kelly wants to coach in college anymore, read a lot about him hating recruiting but everybody has a price point as well... he and Marrone have similar personalities. Would make sense.

I don't see JIMBO Leaving FSU... if LSU couldn't get him to leave I don't think anything will. He's divorced as well, with two kids, ex in Tallahassee with the boys, where's he going?

Now, McElwain he seems unhappy at Florida because the fanbase wants to beat Alabama and that's not happening but time will tell. I could see him in PAC 12.

You know Marrone was fighting to keep Hackett instead of taking on a strong personality. Wonder how Marrone likes the job so far.
Remember when people said Jacksonville hired Marrone so that they had a backup HC to Bradley?

Is Chip Kelly the new Doug Marrone?

You know Marrone was fighting to keep Hackett instead of taking on a strong personality. Wonder how Marrone likes the job so far.

Do you put those mind reading powers to good use?

How else would you know that?

Do you put those mind reading powers to good use?

How else would you know that?
Point is I really don't think Marrone is making this hire.

Reports say Hackett also interviewed. Why in the hell would Marrone need to interview Hackett? They've been attached at the hip since 2010.

Reports say Hackett also interviewed. Why in the hell would Marrone need to interview Hackett? They've been attached at the hip since 2010.
Probably not just Marrone doing the interviewing.

Wait wait...Jax interviewed Chip Kelly for their head coaching position and almost gave it to him over Doug. Now Doug is going to hire (or be forced to hire) the guy who almost got the job he got to be his OC?

This has disaster written all over it. As I said last week, some franchises can't get out of their own way!! Doomed to fail!

It's been clear from the start that Marrone doesn't have unilateral control over hires.

It's been clear from the start that Marrone doesn't have unilateral control over hires.
Safe bet he would've tossed Russ Brandon from a tall building if he didn't have that control. A couple years of assistant to the regional manager makes him a little more accepting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom