Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

Yeah my post is the joke. Keep calling Doug a miracle worker though, cuz that's not a joke at all. He took a 6-10 Buffalo team and made them 9-7* and you proclaimed him the greatest thing since sliced bread because nobody could do that in Buffalo. Thinking that winning 9 games in Buffalo is a miracle is the biggest joke.

Find a post where I've ever written anything close to "proclaimed him the greatest thing since sliced bread"?

Closest thing I've said to that is that based on what he's done at SU, Buffalo, and now Jacksonville, he is one of the best turnaround artists in football.

Westbrook was on IR until the second half of the year, and is only starting because Hurns and then Lee have been out.

Robinson has been out for the season since the first series of the year.

Until Hurns got back they were featuring two rookies and a second year guy who didn't make it past the Raiders practice squad last year at WR, a rookie LT, and a rookie TB in a offense that went from 25th in TO the year before to 6th.

10-6 vs 3-13, with 5-11, 4-12, 3-13, and 2-12 prior to that.

Took a bottom feeder to hosting a playoff game in his first year. Who here is saying it's a miracle?

It's not that, but it's certainly more than a "good job".
DStD9LpVMAAh9Gv

Marrone finished 8th which is fine but not special.

https://www.headcoachranking.com

So yes I would say good job.

DStD9LpVMAAh9Gv

Marrone finished 8th which is fine but not special.

https://www.headcoachranking.com

So yes I would say good job.

They measure ONE aspect of the job according to their website, not the totality of the job done.

"Headcoachranking.com ranks NFL head coaches and assigns them a "HCR" (head coach rating) based on their decision-making and play calling every week." Talk about first world problems for an organization that was 17-63 the prior 5 seasons.

And you say he's ranked 8th in that! You mean King Punt is ranked 8th in decision making and play calling? Wow.

They measure ONE aspect of the job according to their website, not the totality of the job done.

"Headcoachranking.com ranks NFL head coaches and assigns them a "HCR" (head coach rating) based on their decision-making and play calling every week." Talk about first world problems for an organization that was 17-63 the prior 5 seasons.

And you say he's ranked 8th in that! You mean King Punt is ranked 8th in decision making and play calling? Wow.
You didn’t click on his page.
Coach Detail - Head Coach Ranking

Doug Marrone
PLAY CALLING : 6.7
PERSONNEL : 7.0
GAME PLAN : 7.2
IN - GAME ADJ. : 6.8
CLOCK MGMT : 7.1

He is good as I said not anything more.
Marrone’s play calling is his worst aspect. His game planning his biggest strength.
This is what people have said about him. Good game planner weaker in decision making.

You didn’t click on his page.
Coach Detail - Head Coach Ranking

Doug Marrone
PLAY CALLING : 6.7
PERSONNEL : 7.0
GAME PLAN : 7.2
IN - GAME ADJ. : 6.8
CLOCK MGMT : 7.1

He is good as I said not anything more.
Marrone’s play calling is his worst aspect. His game planning his biggest strength.
This is what people have said about him. Good game planner weaker in decision making.

You really think game day is the only thing that goes into the job? Here is what the website said about what they are measuring. "The focus of our grading process is a head coach’s judgment and decision-making ability during a game."

By the way that site thinks Marrone is the 9th best play caller in the league.

Here's an article from a site you believe is the be all and end all of job evaluation.

NFL Column: Rams, Jaguars Turnarounds Display Value of NFL Coaching

And here's another,

Situational Call of Week 16 - Head Coach Ranking

You really think game day is the only thing that goes into the job? Here is what the website said about what they are measuring. "The focus of our grading process is a head coach’s judgment and decision-making ability during a game."

By the way that site thinks Marrone is the 9th best play caller in the league.

Here's an article from a site you believe is the be all and end all of job evaluation.

NFL Column: Rams, Jaguars Turnarounds Display Value of NFL Coaching

And here's another,

Situational Call of Week 16 - Head Coach Ranking
All I said is Marrone is good.
He isn’t bad but Saint Dougie people put Marrone as better.
He is a good coach.

Find a post where I've ever written anything close to "proclaimed him the greatest thing since sliced bread"?/
Nobody has the kind of time it would take to put those all together, boss.

Cause they don't exist, boss.

On the other hand there's some quality McFit material out there.

lol Did you go back to last year to get this post?
Hahaha he sure did. This is fantastic. I believe he has also started posting in the Bills thread too. His dedication and support of Doug has been nothing short of incredible. Him and Couscuse show up where ever Doug's name is mentioned.

Cause they don't exist, boss.

On the other hand there's some quality McFit material out there.
You're doing that thing President Trump does.

Eh. We all know that if the Pats tried in week 17 of Marrone's 2nd year they lose and finish 8-8. Sure that's "progress" statistically speaking but it's not the kind of leap many an NFL franchise has made in year 2 of a great coach's tenure.

For example, Belichick won a SB in year 2 with the Pats (as I know you know) after going 5-11 his first year.

Jim Harbaugh took over a 6-10 49ers and made the SB in year 2.

Mike Tomlin took over an 8-8 team and, you guessed it, won a SB in year 2.

Hell, Mike McCarthy took over a 4-12 team and made the NFC champ game in year 2.

I'm not saying it's fair to hold Marrone to that standard, but his progress was marginal all things considered.

Gratuitous bump even if the haters don't like it.

Doug Marrone took over a 3-13 team and made the AFC champ game in year 1.

Gratuitous bump even if the haters don't like it.

Doug Marrone took over a 3-13 team and made the AFC champ game in year 1.

Because everything that Scooch said was incorrect, right?

Thank god Dougie has you to ride in on a white stallion to defend him against random internet message board posters who even mildly besmirch his good name.

If he’s 8th best in the world at his job that’s better than “pretty good.”

Stinks he left. It set us back 3 - 4 years.

PL

Yep, he’s a good coach. Nothing in that old post said otherwise. But you got me! Zing!

That wasn’t a zing at you I was just using your data as a comparison

If he’s 8th best in the world at his job that’s better than “pretty good.”

Stinks he left. It set us back 3 - 4 years.

PL

8th best?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom