Marrone To The Jags... | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To The Jags...

Wow. It might only be a hold over for a year, but, how the mighty have fallen.

He'll be back to HC soon.

Getting paid by two NFL teams to do less work is not a bad way to spend a year away.

NFL types talk big about blacklisting someone - but they hire them right back after the dust settles.

Getting paid by two NFL teams to do less work is not a bad way to spend a year away.

NFL types talk big about blacklisting someone - but they hire them right back after the dust settles.

The GM and owner don't have to deal with Saint Douglas as the assistant HC/OL coach.

Me thinks he'll be at that level (or coordinator) for awhile.

So basically Doug will be the interim coach when the Jags fire Gus Bradley after their bye week next year.

Jacksonville is two years away from being competitive.

Assistant Head Coach to a 1st year Head Coach can't imagine that went well with Bradley but at the same time Bradley has no say. Not even a week into the job and the guy is already getting screwed over. Welcome to the big leagues!

Interesting that Jacksonville doesn't have an Offensive Coordinator...Does Hackett come with? Does Doug slide into that role? Do they leave it open and who calls the plays?

Another item that might be only interesting to me is that I see a lot of similarities between Nassib and Bortles.

Lots of times, taking a step away from being the BMOC does wonders upon returning to a head coaching role. In any sport.

Last edited:
7289.jpg

He's not OC?

Assistant Head Coach to a 1st year Head Coach can't imagine that went well with Bradley but at the same time Bradley has no say. Not even a week into the job and the guy is already getting screwed over. Welcome to the big leagues!
This coming season will be Bradley's second year. They like the job he did in the 1st year. They were more competitive as the season wore on.

doug marrone will NEVER be a NFL HC...EVER again.

mark.

it.

down.

if theres a hedge, its if he wins a National Championship in college and some sad-sack franchise gives him a shot...against the better wishes of 31 other teams.

but hes not going to win and he likely wont get a job there either.

doug marrone will NEVER be a NFL HC...EVER again.

mark.

it.

down.

if theres a hedge, its if he wins a National Championship in college and some sad-sack franchise gives him a shot...against the better wishes of 31 other teams.

but hes not going to win and he likely wont get a job there either.
He is positioned to be interim HC when Jacksonsville's crazy owner eventually fires Gus Bradley. Bradley is 7-25(two of those 7 are against a Tennessee team trying to lose and the NYG giving them the game) in two years. He could get popped next yr if the Jags start off bad.

Anyone spinning this as a positive is kidding themselves
Agree 100%. He played a very high stakes game of poker and lost... badly!
I can't imagine in any iteration of the possible outcomes he considered when quitting his job, missing out on 6 head coaching jobs available immediately was thought to be remotely possible, or likely.

If he does not get a HC job next year (and why would he? He would have been associated with quitting on the Bills, and does anyone think the Jags will be over .500? Who would hire the Oline coach from a sub .500 team?), the last remaining straw to grab at to present this in a positive light (booking two incomes) will be gone, and he will be making O line money going forward. It's called reaping what you sow...

This coming season will be Bradley's second year. They like the job he did in the 1st year. They were more competitive as the season wore on.
my bad, 3rd year.

Interesting that Jacksonville doesn't have an Offensive Coordinator...Does Hackett come with? Does Doug slide into that role? Do they leave it open and who calls the plays?

Another item that might be only interesting to me is that I see a lot of similarities between Nassib and Bortles.

Lots of times, taking a step away from being the BMOC does wonders upon returning to a head coaching role. In any sport.
Worked out pretty well for that guy in New England. Of course, to be fair, he was considered a guru in his specialty whereas Marrone is not. I'll remain an interested observer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom